PDA

View Full Version : Car Vinyl Graphics Idea

Tuccy
02-11-2008, 11:28
Hey All

I work in the car graphics industry, its my full time job designing, recreating vinyl graphics, fitting etc etc from silly little stickers to full vehicle wraps and large truck graphics..

As a Williams 3 owner i was going to try recreating various stickers for the clio, things like sparkplug cover graphics maby sunstrips etc this would be for fun, however i would need some good quality pics and accurate measurments of existing graphics in order to retrace them to create the replicas, if anyone thinks this is a good idea then let me know and i will with your help get to work on them,,,

If i manage to replicate these and you guys think they are acceptable guality i will for a SMALL fee (covering my costs) supply you with the various graphics...

recreating the graphics is the easy part, its getting the exact colour match which is the hard bit, so it will prob be trial and error getting the colour right (believe me there are hundreds of shades of various colours)

Does it sound like a god idea??? :?

Reagrds Tuccy

titcharoony
02-11-2008, 13:19
i am currently in the process of creating all stickers needed for the club. :) not long now folks!

Justin..
02-11-2008, 13:26
diac stickers??

Tuccy
02-11-2008, 13:27
Oops sorry, i hadnt realised you were already on this topic

appologies :(

Tuccy

titcharoony
02-11-2008, 13:32
at the moment im concentrating on the decals for the boot and sides for williams, but afterwards im moving on to the others. and custom ones for u al :)

FATBOY
02-11-2008, 17:12
keep at it tuccy. the more people making these graphics the better...

Daz.
02-11-2008, 22:09
^^ agree the more the better as, at the end of the day, nobody is actually producing these yet, its still all talk!!

titcharoony
03-11-2008, 12:42
ahhh good old predictable daz.

MatrixGuy
03-11-2008, 13:49
lol, how long will it be titch? :)

Daz.
03-11-2008, 17:56
ahhh good old predictable daz.

Just stating the old facts there mi laddo :D After all it was around April time these were started!

bendee
03-11-2008, 18:15
i want a nice orange spark plug cover sticker if anyone wants to make me one.

LEIGH-ANNE
03-11-2008, 22:53
titch told me a couple of days ago they were around 2 weeks away...

titcharoony
03-11-2008, 23:25
titch is correct. :) and titch loves you all.

eternalife
03-11-2008, 23:30
^^ agree the more the better as, at the end of the day, nobody is actually producing these yet, its still all talk!!

How good were the one's you replicated?
From memory you had the size/design spot on? only the colour was a problem?

Daz.
04-11-2008, 08:08
I swapped the blue and was happy with it - I run one on the back of the willy along with the genuine side decals. no-ones ever noticed so thats good enough for me - no-one was interested at the time so I binned the rubbish and kept the good set for mine, then titch wanted to try his hand so I thought I'd let someone else do the hard work! :D

I'm only pushing titch along cus I want a set :D

titcharoony
04-11-2008, 13:37
daz is a sticker whore.

Daz.
12-11-2008, 19:08
daz is a sticker whore.

Well that must have been the shortest genuine sticker application ever - bodyshop had to fix a blemish and now I have no rear quarter sticker :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

Genuine £70 odd stickers GONE IN 14 DAYS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Others lasted 13 years mind :D

Tuccy
23-11-2008, 15:26
sorry for delayed reply...i been in hosp for a bit there, nothin serious tho, on the road to recovery now :)

where ya all want me to start, which stickers are most sought after etc,
umm i should go and reinstall illistrator/signlab etc after the format lol

back soon 8)

p.s any pics and accurate measurments would be helpful if anyone has some spare time on their hands :P