PDA

View Full Version : Uprated fuel pump - which one ??

Evogone
31-10-2008, 14:57
Maybe changing the pump on the rallycar, mine has the sperate sender pump units.

I believe the pumps are different sizes and want to get the right one which fits propoerly (no innertube bodge).

Any part numbers for the Walbro or Sytec one, which is best ?

matty w
31-10-2008, 21:27
bought mine off ebay it was a sytec dont know the part number though,i'm sure theres a plate rivetted over on the cup cars so you can get at the pump?thats what i did when i changed mine,drilled a hole in the floor instead of taking the tank off then rivitted a plate over

Evogone
31-10-2008, 21:55
bought mine off ebay it was a sytec dont know the part number though,i'm sure theres a plate rivetted over on the cup cars so you can get at the pump?thats what i did when i changed mine,drilled a hole in the floor instead of taking the tank off then rivitted a plate over

Does yours have the seperate fuel gage sender Mine has the removable cover, Was it a straight swap / same size or did you have to wedge it with inner tube ?

number1
31-10-2008, 23:51
I believe the ph1.5 and 2's had a single tank unit which included the sender and pump thus not requring tank to be dropped,

dont suppose anyone has a walbro part no for the uprated version?

I have a walbro pump out of the tank of my old clio, 3.3 bar is what i have found but no idea of flow rate, its a 5ca205

BristolSam16v
01-11-2008, 17:46
Had to drop the pump on my Jreg. also had one of the uprated pumps from ebay meant for single-piece units but went in pretty snuggly with inner tube and works perfect.

Evogone
01-11-2008, 18:51
Mine is the seperate pump and sender, so what pump have people used for the seperate pump housing?

matty w
01-11-2008, 21:59

Does yours have the seperate fuel gage sender Mine has the removable cover, Was it a straight swap / same size or did you have to wedge it with inner tube ?

yeah seperate,i took the pump out and hillpower swapped them for me i bought the one off ebay think it was listed for a williams i think a lot of the pumps fit a lot of cars

Flan
03-11-2008, 09:56
I fitted one designed for an Evo... there all very similar! fitted it straight into the std clio unit (inc sender) it was fine, the only differance was sometimes if you had les than 1/4 tank a petrol it would get fuel surge on tight corners! even though it was the same depth in the tank.

ps i got a bb tuning turbo one... not sure spec though! :wink:

matty w
03-11-2008, 23:13
i've got the part number for the sytec one i bought of ebay its ITP248