PDA

View Full Version : Nearly Killed Roland

Coops
26-10-2008, 18:38
poor wee williams, hit a ford over a random river at 50 odd.... :oops:

was screaming down to peterborough late friday night, checking satnav to see nice straight road, so foot down. its a little country job, no traffic, not a soul about untill all of a sudden i notice i'm going down hill, think to myself hang about this isnt normal, the lands flat, am not near or up a hill whats going on?

then i'm distracted by first sign of civilization for miles, little farm house in the bottom of this dip i'm heading into. i look back at the road and think thats strange, why so many bright signs all of a sudden, and why does the road look like a mirage, dont get mirages at night.....oh........shhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiii...............t

slam the anchors on, but as i was doing a rate, locked up squealed down to about 45/50 and just thought,no chance to slow gonna have to roll with it, foot off brake, dab the gas and go for it like mcrae, SPLASHHHHHH

oh my god never seen so much water over the top of a car ever, must of looked epic from the roadside!

keep pedal planted to ensure engine keeps running and she does, bounce out the ford and back off down the road thinkin yeah babay, scott free!!!!

erm....nope, 2 miles later if that oil and water temp warning lights randomly come on, and he starts to splutter, hypothermia has set in, poor little roland has a cold :( engine still runs and doesnt cut out at idle but he's missfiring like a good un, no power under load etc.

pull over to let him dry out, bonnet up, engine running and steam pouring out the bay, and my number plate is gone, totally gone, floating off down some random river, no doubt with a family of bank voles on it thinking all their xmas' had come early!

so now i'm stuck in the middle of god knows, half way between home and peterborough, cars still running......mmm what to do....go for it!

and the little beauty made it, all the way! left it overnight, saturday still sniffly and snotty, leave it till this morning and head back home, olay the beechams flue plus (wd40) has done the trick, f7r power is back to full quota!

PHEW

:wink:

Wobba
26-10-2008, 19:24
Close one for sure! See if the spark plug area isn't holding a load of water mate :)

LEIGH-ANNE
26-10-2008, 19:34
Surprised as man flu usually last longer :wink:

:wink: :D :wink:

Coops
26-10-2008, 19:36
Close one for sure! See if the spark plug area isn't holding a load of water mate :)
first thing to be checked on saturday, i checked every electrical connection i could think of on saturday, all dry etc but still did it, then this morning it was fine again :lol:

number1
26-10-2008, 19:46
Ecu bay must be a little wet! lol might be worth taking the ecu out and drying it to be on the safe side! lucky though! ive heard of engines gulping in a bit of water and hydralocking, thus bending rods etc

IF in doubt flat out eh? :P

16v_paddy
26-10-2008, 21:44
copy & paste is your friend eh coops? :wink: :lol:

:spam:

spikey-ben
27-10-2008, 07:21
are you from petebourgh area coops, because i spotted a williams on the a1m the other week, i did wonder if it was anyone on ere.

Coops
27-10-2008, 10:27
ecu is dry. was checked on the saturday as said :lol: :wink:

paddy, you love it, 2 forums, 2 posts, one copy paste action 8)

ben, no mate, i live in cromford,derbyshire was just visiting my mate was all

MatrixGuy
27-10-2008, 13:49
That was lucky!! And here was me thinking French engines hated water, lol.

white16valver
27-10-2008, 14:00
****ing lucky not go suck water in!!

talkingfish
27-10-2008, 15:15
how is "Roland" now??? better???

Coops
27-10-2008, 16:52
yeah the little blighter sorted himself out mate 8)

Carole Anne
27-10-2008, 18:02
sorry I guess you may have explained already but why Roland?

Makes me thinks of the fat boy of Grangehill!
:D
Carole Anne

Coops
27-10-2008, 22:31
roland the rat

poor 0062 is a bit ratty in its old age :oops: :lol:

Carole Anne
28-10-2008, 14:13
aaaaaaah I see :lol: so not Roooooooland :lol:

Wobba
28-10-2008, 14:39
roland the rat

poor 0062 is a bit ratty in its old age :oops: :lol:

You must be number one ratfan, kevin the Gerbil then right?