PDA

View Full Version : Barum Tyres...

1995clio16v
20-10-2008, 13:01
Throwing one into the mix here for you guys and I know some of you straight away will pull your faces (even though you havent tried any!)

Im awaiting new GSD'3s for the 16v at the moment but have been lent some barum bavarius 2 tyres until the GSD3'd are in.

I think you would all be very surprised how good these tyres actually are, after all the are a subsidiary of continental and theyre only £10 cheaper to me than GSD3's if I were to opt for them, maybe a bigger difference retail. So that itself speaks before you have even tried them.

The 2 main differences are;

Theyre MUCH MUCH comfier, and MUCH MUCH quieter.

You would also be very surprised at the performance, I would almost go as far as saying they getting up there for a ''road'', not track, performance tyre.

They grip immensely on the limit, immensley, the only real difference that you notice over GSD3's, is that they dont seem to beg for grip as much as the goodyears, they slide more.

The thing I find with the goodyears and proxes to a certain extent, is that the more and the harder you turn they actually seem to give more grip if you know what I mean, want more grip.

Im a big fan of GSD3's and Proxes, and dont find much difference between these said 2, only Proxes are dangerously light when its wet for some reason.

So in the current climate of the credit crunch I think we should all consider Barums!

8) :o

Foka
20-10-2008, 14:44
I`ve got some barums for winter. They`re quite good tbh..

arj256
20-10-2008, 17:06
I had these on my Renault 19 16v at the front.
And they wasn't that bad for grip in the dry it went around the corners yes.
It was fun driving with them for what i paid for them, but always felt it was the chassis making them feel better than they really was.
Not a patch on equivalent cheaper known tyres imo.

And then it rains...
What a dangerous tyre.
Wheel spinning out of junctions with the F7P's lowly torque output.
Go over a crest of a hill = wheel spin.
Come to brake and you might as bail out safer imo.

You get what you pay for :wink:

Why skimp on the safety aspect of your car.
Only thing which keeps you on the road the tyres.

Totti
20-10-2008, 17:11
I had these on my Renault 19 16v at the front.
And they wasn't that bad for grip in the dry it went around the corners yes.
It was fun driving with them for what i paid for them, but always felt it was the chassis making them feel better than they really was.
Not a patch on equivalent cheaper known tyres imo.

And then it rains...
What a dangerous tyre.
Go over a crest of a hill = wheel spin.
Come to brake and you might as bail out safer imo.

You get what you pay for :wink:

Why skimp on the safety aspect of your car.
Only thing which keeps you on the road the tyres.

Couldn't agree more!

Justin..
20-10-2008, 18:04
:shock: but lol @ safer to bail out :oops:

Coops
20-10-2008, 18:35
its a renault, of course its safer to bail out :P

white16valver
20-10-2008, 19:24
tin foil crash structures F T W! lol :lol:

1995clio16v
20-10-2008, 19:58
And then it rains...
What a dangerous tyre.

Not got to this point with them. Theyre brilliant though I think, better than I thought they would have been.

Its like anything though, technology moves on I suppose.

Its like comparing them to fords, they were laughable cars up to mid ninetees really, but now theyre right up there against entry level BMW's, spec wise and to a certain extent quality wise £ for £

8)

Oszy
21-10-2008, 08:35
they are perfect in winter tyres!

BRUN
22-10-2008, 06:48
most tyres are good in the dry, its when the rain comes, that sorts the men from the boys

even nankang ns-1 sports are not bad in the dry.....and i used to get those for £25 !

white16valver
22-10-2008, 13:11
My bro ran £15 remoulds on a williams for a while - arse out action aplenty! :P LOL :lol:

Rob72
24-10-2008, 22:25
can supply barums for much cheapness..pm if u want#

andreas395
25-10-2008, 09:11
barums are made by continental there not bad for a the price i have avon zv3 on mine great in wet and dry