PDA

View Full Version : New clutch slipping, high idle when braking...

Glekke
19-10-2008, 11:41
I just finished my turbo engine, there was also fitted a new uprated clutch... I drove it the first time yesterday, and when I go above 4k rpm, it revs silly, but not going faster... so I assume that the clutch is slipping already.
The turbo is still on 0.3 bar, so it's not that much... the clutch should handle that. Any idea what else might be wrong?

And when I slow down and stop, the idle stays at 2500 rpm for like 10 seconds, then drops down to 1000... Also any idea's?

Thx.
Grtz. G

Coops
19-10-2008, 15:28
high idle, more than likely road speed sensor or idle control valve, use search to find more info but should be easy fix

clutch, sounds ****ed, what clutch is it and what turbo engine? i ran 0.7 bar through a standard williams clutch, soon as i upped to 0.9 bar it did the same, started slipping, i now use a full helix paddle setup and 1.1 bar, no issue up to now

Glekke
19-10-2008, 23:15
The high idle is only when I stop (for a red light...)...

And the specs are... :
- F7P
- dished standard pistons, CR 9.1 (and something...)
- turbo from a nissan S13 20DET
- standard williams clutch
- custom turbo chip from Henk/Fastchip
- running 0,3 bar atm, but should go to 0,8 bar

so the clutch is officialy dead after 20 miles? lol

MAXIBOY
20-10-2008, 00:08
have you checked there is free play once the clutch is off.

Glekke
20-10-2008, 11:38
There's no free play at all, but i'm gonna take the engine out anyway, is there any way to see that the clutch is dead?

Glekke
10-11-2008, 20:17
Clutch and gearbox was replaced a week ago, I am 100% sure the box was not leaking...
Took the car for a spin, about 30 miles... all went well, no oil leaks, clutch was fine.
Day after I went for a 100 mile trip to fastchip, the last miles the clutch was slipping again, and the shaft in the gearbox was leaking...
Does this mean that i'm just very unlucky? Or that there's something wrong with the engine, the keeps breaking gearboxes?

Grtz. G

Wobba
11-11-2008, 10:57
With the revs, could it not also be something to do with the vacuum change when applying brakes? I get that, but only very very slightly and it's not an issue.

Wobba
11-11-2008, 10:59
There's no free play at all, but i'm gonna take the engine out anyway, is there any way to see that the clutch is dead?

Clutch is probably not dead after 30 miles. It will be something fitted incorrectly or sticking. How is your gear selection? Any crunching?

Glekke
11-11-2008, 12:17
everything was fitted correctly, the car/clutch was fine the first miles, but then the gearbox started leaking (again); so the clutch slips, aka dead lol.