PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust mount position on centre section

Smudger
17-10-2008, 15:11
I bought a stainless exhaust from a member off here a while ago but when it came to fitting it to the Williams, the hanger on the centre section was on the opposite side to the one on the underside of the car.

Could someone tell me what side the hanger should be on

i.e. when looking underneath the car should the hang come out to the left or the right? Pretty sure mine on the underneath of the car comes out to the right

MatBrown
17-10-2008, 17:07
Yes, in there infinite wisdom Magnex decided to put the hanger on the opposite side and supplied you with a different bracket to bolt to the car, this has probably been lost over the years.
I think you can get away with turning your bracket around but you will need to grind the corners off a bit.

Mat.

Smudger
20-10-2008, 14:00
thanks for the reply mat.

i wonder if it would be easier getting a proper williams stainless centre section and sell mine to one of the valver boys?

Foka
20-10-2008, 14:55
thanks for the reply mat.

i wonder if it would be easier getting a proper williams stainless centre section and sell mine to one of the valver boys?

I know it doesn`t sound like, but yes, easier way would be selling it to me I guess.. :mrgreen:

:doit:

Smudger
20-10-2008, 17:10
if you have a williams stainless center section then i would happily sell to ya mate, but i need the car day to day so cant take it off and leave it till i find a williams center

MatBrown
20-10-2008, 19:00
The front hanger is in the same place on both the 16v and williams magnex systems.

Mat.

Smudger
20-10-2008, 23:09
The front hanger is in the same place on both the 16v and williams magnex systems.

Mat.

doesnt have to be magnex though does it??

might just get another hanger put on the other side of the exhaust

katbloke
21-10-2008, 08:37
for fitment you wont get better than a magnex imo, just get the right bracket, i have a bbpt one that needs modding to fit like my magnex once it fells as well magnex is coming off

Smudger
21-10-2008, 11:33
would getting a bracket from a 16v to replace the williams one be ok? that way i can keep the original one just incase i ever put the standard system back on?

Wobba
21-10-2008, 18:23
My mid section magnex knocked like a bugger on the mount under the car. It also was the wrong way round :roll:

I removed the hanger. I believe you can up it on the other side and it will work, but may take modification to fit.

eternalife
25-10-2008, 00:46

Mat.

doesnt have to be magnex though does it??

might just get another hanger put on the other side of the exhaust

Or you could use a little trick I i know....

1. Buy a normal exhaust clamp (like the one used to connect the exhaust over the rear beam)
2. Purchase a small metal rod - similar in size to the hanger on the wrong side.
3. Pay someone a few quid to weld the Rod to the exhaust clamp.

Hey Presto, you now have an adjustable Exhaust Hanger which will clamp to suit your requirement. should allow more adjustability in aligment and height due to the nature of the exhaust clamp being able to rotate.
Looks very good when an exhaust sits exactly in the middle of the Exhaust Tunnel 8)

Exhaust Clamp = £2
Metail Rod = £1
Welding = £2
Non Rattling Exhaust = £Priceless :wink: