PDA

View Full Version : Chasing Honda Del Sol (K20A)

cliokongen
16-10-2008, 23:53
Just a few videos.
Ring Knutstorp is by many considered one of the best tracks in Scandinavia - it really is a lot of fun!

Chasing Honda Del Sol (K20A DC-5 engine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsz6LTgQT_8

Having fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlubyw-44f8

Michael

Purple
17-10-2008, 01:35
Lovely track, looks slippery though. Must be well-suited to a torquey good-handling clio. That downhill right-hand hairpin must be awesome to go round.

dhay14
17-10-2008, 16:01
nice going there..

i have been in a honda civic EG with a K20A engine and that's pritty quick so a del sol must be quicker. pritty impressive....

eternalife
18-10-2008, 02:42
8) 8) Cool vids
Track looked quite decent too - not overly complicated with plenty of favourable camber around corners.

Will look forward to the next video you make - once you have replaced a few 'wear and tear' items lol.

schakal
18-10-2008, 09:21
glad you got him in the end 8)
what are the specs of your engine ??

cliokongen
18-10-2008, 22:47
@ schakal: Well - easy as he did pull over :-)
Specs: 2,0L BE, Cat225's, BenR head, Cat verniers, 2,5" custom exhaust, Devil manifold, Wössner rods, Wössner 11,2 pistons, lightened and balanced BE, Sachs sinter metal clutch, stand alone ECU, semi stripped, buckets, F+R Leda adj. dampers, R5 Express torsion bars (thicker), Willwood calipers, Brembo Max discs, PF97 pads, std. rear brakes

@ eternalife: You're right - It's not overly complicated but it does have parts that can easily surprise you - especially after the straight, the combination of various corners with off set camber seems to catch a lot of drivers. I've seen many a car in the wall there :?
Had to go all the way home with metal to metal contact when braking.
With a little planning and non aggressive driving it's amazing how little one actually has to brake! :-)
Both pads and discs replaced now: Brembo Max with PF97's :twisted:

@ dhay14: I've been told the K20A in that Del Sol has got approximately 255bhp
A Del Sol must be a very heavy thing!!!!!...... :D

Michael

dhay14
19-10-2008, 10:55
@ dhay14: I've been told the K20A in that Del Sol has got approximately 255bhp
A Del Sol must be a very heavy thing!!!!!...... :D
Michael

yes i think that might be a very heavy thing :D

doug2.0
11-11-2008, 22:26
good vid and some good driving, your lines round the corners were a lot better than his.