PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the Prima throttle bodys?

kneesparks
15-10-2008, 14:43
Hi all iv seen these motorcyle flat slide throttle body convertion for the williams on the Prima racing web site. Has anyone used them, or rate tham? They say you get around 25BHP increase with lots of torque. What you think? Scott 8)

MAXIBOY
15-10-2008, 15:35
if your using bike bodies stay away from prima and do the yourself

MAXIBOY
15-10-2008, 15:39
carbs are a step backwards really..

could use bike throttle bodies and do a decent conversion though..

16v_paddy
15-10-2008, 18:22
carbs are a step backwards really..

could use bike throttle bodies and do a decent conversion though..

:goodposting: carbs are crap on these engines (so I've read on here) and at that price :shock: dont bother

I'm going down the motorbike bodies route on my F7R, I remember seeing a post by stan saying the throttle bodies from a GSXR600-1000 are the ideal size and then you'd only need to get a manifold made to suit.

Lokk on ebay and you can pick up a set of bodies for less than £100 :wink:

J o n
16-10-2008, 11:44
Would love to see a bike ITB'd car vs a proper setup for the car. I'd put money on Jneveys spanking them tbh.

MAXIBOY
16-10-2008, 12:05
why...

the car has no idea where the bodies came from....

as long as there set up well the should produced the same power really..

Tanks
16-10-2008, 13:02
I was thinking of r1 carbs.

Bayliss
16-10-2008, 13:14
why...

only if you don't tell the car, she can get very upset keeping secrets especially when all the other cars laugh at her for her snorting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Allan
16-10-2008, 13:22
there was a williams running the prima carb conversion at the last hill power rolling road day, not sure what power it made, but it left a nice oil slick on the rollers :D

Guy was a member on here, not sure if he still is

Wobba
16-10-2008, 13:35
Quite interesting:

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/itb/

Wobba
16-10-2008, 14:09
Anyone tried these guys?

http://www.altiss.com/ThrottleBodies.html

16v_paddy
16-10-2008, 15:36
:D nice find wobba! :D Thats where I'll get my manifold from methinks 8)

J o n
16-10-2008, 17:11
why...

very true, the car has no idea, I guess it comes down to the quality of the manifold, induction length, size of the bodies and the quality etc etc, but I'm sure if they were as good or better then companies doing the kits would just get batch runs of manifolds and a load of bike carbs in for a fraction of the cost and do it that way instead?

I've wonder many times how effective they are, but it isn't a popular option even though anyone aware of ITB's is usually aware that bike carbs can be used... dunno, I'd like to see one myself and have a power run against it on a dyno. I'd certainly not be worried it would make anymore power mod for mod... in fact I'd be confident it wouldn't make near the same as jenveys. This could be scepticism or delusion, but until I see one make some impressive figures or do something impressive on track the jury is still out on them.

iirc wasn't there a lad on here that asked this a while back and was going to use bike carbs?

Daz.
16-10-2008, 17:27
someone fund it and I'll do it on mine.. y know... for the club :wink:

MAXIBOY
16-10-2008, 19:08
yeah bike carbs suck

i think the problem with bike throttle bodies as you say is the fitting...

getting the right length and a smooth transition between trumpets, bodies and manifold...

kits are easy as its all done for you