PDA

View Full Version : New gearstick

Evogone
14-10-2008, 22:34
My knuckle in the plastict gearstick housing is all loose and sloppy. Can you but a new one with all the ball joint etc or can you get a quickshift type one but with all the std dimensions.

I just want the to take all the slop out not reduce the shift.

Any diologies pics prices number ?

MAXIBOY
15-10-2008, 02:36
think renault only sell the complete item...

and its not cheap...

get a quick shift...

northy
15-10-2008, 08:16
yanoo sells a stifner kit Evo

Foka
15-10-2008, 12:37
Should I contact him then as our states share the same border?
Someone knows how much does he sell it for?
Sorry for being a bit cheeky.. :oops: :lol:

Foka
15-10-2008, 12:38
Sorry just to add I`m from Slovakia and he is from Hungary me thinks?

white16valver
15-10-2008, 12:46
You write superb english :D

Foka
15-10-2008, 17:18
Thanks mate but you know I can`t realise it.. Try writing slovak and I`ll tell you how it is.. :lol:

Foka
15-10-2008, 17:21
Damned edit button

You write superb english :D

I ment "you too mate".. :D :wink:

Evogone
18-10-2008, 03:56
yanoo sells a stifner kit Evo

Whats a stifner kit????

Yanoo_
18-10-2008, 06:49
Yes, I'm selling a stiffner kit for the OEM gearstick + I'm planning to sell a cheap short shifter kit.
I wrote about the Stiff Shift in this topic: http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31547&highlight=stiff+shift

The price has been reduced since then, now it's 15 quid (only for Williams Clio members).

The Stiff Shift is available, the shortened sleeve will be ready next week. (the 2 prototype ones are mounted into my Williams and Clio 1.2, both works well. I would like to make a quick shift too, it has already designed and waiting for making.)

I'm planning to send a stiff shift to Northy if He will give me his address :P ;)

Now I'm from work :( I will be able to post more pics from home.

Evogone: I have a spare knuckle, it's used but in good condition.

Yanoo_
18-10-2008, 06:57
I would like to make a quick shift too, it has already designed and waiting for making.

The quickshift is the shortened gear linkage at the gearbox.

Allan
18-10-2008, 08:01
would be intrested in 1 once you have it all developed :D

Yanoo_
19-10-2008, 00:30
would be intrested in 1 once you have it all developed :D

Ok mate, thanks, I understood :). I hope the full kit will be available soon (but first the quickshift must be ready and tested).

Yanoo_
19-10-2008, 00:30
Foka, PM sent ;)

Allan
19-10-2008, 09:39
well would probably be intrested in a quickshift and the siffener :)

one for the williams and one for the dimma :D so let me know how you progress

Yanoo_
19-10-2008, 09:52
the stiffener is ready, the quickshift will be ready for next week hopefully (2 prototypes will be made). I want to test them for a week before my workmate will make more ones.

busterhymes
19-10-2008, 10:06
pm'd :) :)

richy
19-10-2008, 10:18
i have a stiff shift i got off yanoo, not fitted it yet but it will be going on once i get the car back from bodyshop!!

Allan
19-10-2008, 10:31
might have to take one apart down the scrappy, and see how it all works before doing mine :P

Yanoo_
19-10-2008, 11:41
:)

Allan, the stiffener collar was tested by more Hungarian guys, they were satisfied with it.
Stiff Shift can give noticeable improvement if the OEM rubber housing is sloppy / moves a lot in its place. As in my Clio 1.2 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zba7yTHxew
(It was awfull in all gears, particularly in neutral.)

In my little Clio all gears became more precise (especially 5th) because the hesitation of the ball joint was eliminated. In my Willy the change was not so great (but was noticeable) as in the 1.2, because originally the rubber house wasn't so sloppy as in the little one. A Hungarian guy who replaced his perfect/fix OEM rubber housing for the Stiff Shift, said the reverse became smoother.

The use of the Stiff Shift gives the possibility of making a cheap short shifter, so I was curious how it would work therefore I made a shortened reverse sleeve. This make possible to cut the OEM gearstick by 33 mm, this dimension is very similar to the BB short shifter's dimension, but my shifter uses the 2 sleeve not only one (the upper - shortened sleeve and the bottom sleeve), I can use the OEM gearknob, so it will not become to hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter, and the car interior is almost the same as the stock, and naturally it doesn't cost 150 quid or more, the price of the full kit (Stiff Shift + the metal bush with modified bolt and nut + shortened sleeve + (later the quickshift) is bargain compared to the BB or B&M.
The shortened gearstick in my Willy (left one is the genuine):

http://www.freeweb.hu/yanooka/before_after.jpg

At this moment (without the quickshift) it can short by 15% (it's not so great but gives a very good stiff feeling), but with the quickshift this value will be slightly more than 30%.

When it will be ready, I'll inform You. I'm very curious :)