PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a car stereo

Slithers
27-06-2005, 12:49
Is it hard or easy, can potentially **** anything else up in the process?

Cheers folks

big hp
27-06-2005, 13:02
Piece of piss. Should just be a iso block connector plugs into stereo and the aerial. Then push in dash. (obviously fit cage first if the one in there at the moment isn't suitable)

Lunner
27-06-2005, 13:02
Piss easy, if the connectors don't line up don't chop the wires, go and buy the audioleads connectors, 2 min job :)

If its going inot a clio it will go straight in

Slithers
27-06-2005, 13:44
Whats the best way of getting the stereo out :oops:

cant suss out this auto electrikery too well.

Lunner
27-06-2005, 13:51
Either with the keys provided, or failing that, on the bit that holds the radio there is a little torx screw in each corner, undo these and pull, and the facia bit and the cage comes out, can then bend teh tabs back and remove the sterieo and cage from the facia, put the facia back in and you are sorted.

Nice to know Mr renault made it hard for car theives

Slithers
27-06-2005, 13:52
Either with the keys provided, or failing that, on the bit that holds the radio there is a little torx screw in each corner, undo these and pull, and the facia bit and the cage comes out, can then bend teh tabs back and remove the sterieo and cage from the facia, put the facia back in and you are sorted.

Nice to know Mr renault made it hard for car theives

Bloody hell i didnt realise it was that simple.

I paid 30 squid for me last stereo to be fitted, i feel raped now.

Slithers
27-06-2005, 19:54
UPDATE:

Went to fit the tape player my mate had lent me and was overjoyed to find that the existing stereo was resting in the stereo bay, not even screwed in.....RESULT!!!! i thought, then i saw the connectors behind it, completely different nothing the same apart from the arial input..........bollox sed matt.

2 live
27-06-2005, 20:30
like lunner said mate..u can but connectors from the std blocks to the head units blocks...if its a kenwood i have some.they even incorperate the remote near the steering wheel hehe