PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

Daz.
11-10-2008, 08:37
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electric-Supercharger-Turbo-RENAUL-MEGANE-5-CLIO_W0QQitemZ330278090196QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 330278090196&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Now I know they're all bulls poo but surely even that ^^^ is better than just having say a K&N on the end?

Even if that supposed charger just whurs (sp?) around pathetically its got to do more good than harm?

The reason I'm curious is anyone who's played around with overclocking knows that the right fan setup can help greatly increse performance gains and reducing temps...

Does anyone think the above would actuall push more air through the intake?

schakal
11-10-2008, 08:52
lol ,i cant beleive you just said that :D

](*,)

Daz.
11-10-2008, 08:59
Why?

harder you blow on the dust on your book shelf the further it goes :D

schakal
11-10-2008, 09:11
Why?

harder you blow on the dust on your book shelf the further it goes :D

ok i wont lie to you , it works
only if you combine it with one of these

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wHOS7tZVGCg

think of all the bum fun you will have :P

spikey-ben
12-10-2008, 08:56
Hmmm i dont agree with these electric turbo's, they cant spin fast enouth to make any difference. Just think how many rpm a normal turbo compressor spins at plus on a normal turbo they have to a oil feed so the bearings dont eat themselves. These little electric argos specials are really marketed for young skins in there 1.2 corsa's. If you want better inlet airflow just make a better induction system. You will gain more from this mod plus having injectors cleaned and throttle body cleaned make a noticible difference.
But hey you never know after saying all that they might do somthing but cant see it lasting for that long.

Daz.
12-10-2008, 11:13
everyone laughs at them but no-ones ever actually had the balls to try one thats all I was getting at - imagine it made an extra 3-5 bhp on the rollers one day - bet you a tenner there's be a few more people buying one!

MAXIBOY
12-10-2008, 12:46
you get more air in a car induction buy flowing it to create a smooth passage of air in and out..

by bolting this in the way it will hinder the airflow more than increase it..

drsmith1979
12-10-2008, 17:15
Easy way to experiment...

go and buy yourself a childrens 'wind star' those windmill type things from the corner shop..... get a hair dryer and put it on cold. Firstly, hold up the hair dryer and blow it directly at your face..... secondly, put the windmill in front of your face and then turn on the hair dryer....... the wind mill will spin up just like a turbo...

once its been done, tell us which feels like there is more airflow... cheaper than buying one and finding out that way!

schakal
12-10-2008, 18:42

go and buy yourself a childrens 'wind star' those windmill type things from the corner shop..... get a hair dryer and put it on cold. Firstly, hold up the hair dryer and blow it directly at your face..... secondly, put the windmill in front of your face and then turn on the hair dryer....... the wind mill will spin up just like a turbo...

once its been done, tell us which feels like there is more airflow... cheaper than buying one and finding out that way!

dude ,why not just call the guy a "mong" out right
instead of humiliating like this :?

:P

Daz.
12-10-2008, 20:24
children children children - ask a question get silly answers...

I'd like to actually see someone do this - anyones opinion on these is just farcical until someone actual does it.

Think I'll leave this one here! :lol:

summeh
12-10-2008, 21:31
this is a stupid question so get stupid answers...

Daz.
12-10-2008, 21:50
Good god :roll:

No!

But I find it funny how everyone can slag something off they have had zero experience of.

Its like looking at a good looking woman and saying I bet she's good in bed - how the **** would you know! :lol:

Anyway I'm not arsed anymore, I'm looking at a supercharger on ebay thats run by 3 blind mice on a wheel 8)

franksvalver
12-10-2008, 21:59
Good god :roll:

No!

But I find it funny how everyone can s*@g something off they have had zero experience of.

Its like looking at a good looking woman and saying I bet she's good in bed - how the f**k would you know! :lol:

Anyway I'm not arsed anymore, I'm looking at a supercharger on ebay thats run by 3 blind mice on a wheel 8)

:shock: power :P

number1
12-10-2008, 22:02
put your hand over the inlet and watch your hand disappear through the throttle body when you open it up ;) ok that wouldnt happen, but you will get an idea just how much air an engine sucks in the little pc fan inside that electric supercharger could probably just about handle the intake vacuum of a lawnmower lol

Even 7-8 psi coming out the pressure side of a 60-70mm turbo boost hose would surprise you of the volume or air being forced into the engine! i Was!

Dave

drsmith1979
13-10-2008, 01:31

dude ,why not just call the guy a "mong" out right
instead of humiliating like this :?

:P

haha... i would never dare to call Daz a 'mong'... i was merely suggesting a rather informative experiment for him to do which would be a lot cheaper than buying one.......

IF you want a cheap fix, do what some of the red neck yanks do and fit a petrol leaf blower to the air intake and crank it up when you want some extra power!... oh, coupled with a shot of Nos.... theres some youtubes around somewhere ;)

schakal
13-10-2008, 12:32
children children children - ask a question get silly answers...

I'd like to actually see someone do this - anyones opinion on these is just farcical until someone actual does it.

Think I'll leave this one here! :lol:

get yourself on clio16yearolders.co.uk ,there must be a few people
on there that bought and tested this stuff :wink:

ohhh and most importantly ,they knows how to party innit :P 8)

franksvalver
13-10-2008, 20:52
You sound like the sort of person who tests ladies underwear imo :P

bbaazz-08
23-11-2008, 00:11
they actually do work if u spend the money :shock:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0406tur_knight_turbo_electric_supercharger/index.html

jamesy
23-11-2008, 11:45
^that looks like the biggest bodge in history!

why are you lot even talking about this?lol

Tanks
23-11-2008, 13:48
get yourself on clio16yearolders.co.uk ,there must be a few people
on there that bought and tested this stuff :wink:

:roll:

Don't think so fella.