PDA

View Full Version : std alarm query...again :)

titcharoony
10-10-2008, 11:43
Have managed to aquire a standard alarm box and key for a williams, as my own has no key. The idea was to take off the old box and wrap the new one with the key around it. giggedy.
However, u cant really just 'undo' the case, and the circuit board obv wont come through the wire hole... is there any way of disconnecting the cable somehow from the other end? I have no diea exactly where it leads to. Hope that makes sense. The idea is to keep the std alarm, with the remote fob working, so the lights flash, it immobilises, and remote locks, but without the siren working. So worst case scenario if it goes off at night, theres only lights flashing, as oppose to all hell breaking lose with the best action i can take being to wrap towels round the alarm to muffle it. At 4am. In the cold. With neighbours threatening to kick your face off.

LEIGH-ANNE
10-10-2008, 15:43
olay

u can just undo the case titch....there are seperate batterys inside that box too, take them out and i beleive the siren wont go off....as for the lights working too im not sure of tho :wink:

titcharoony
10-10-2008, 15:57
thats the only thing i thought, if i disconnect the battery pack from the existing alarm on my car. Ohhhhhh, but i wanted to use my key :(

ah well nipples, perhaps ur right. unl;ess anyone else has got any ideas?

northy
10-10-2008, 17:57
the batterys provide power when the battery is disconnected - so it can still sound off.

I have a wiring diagram if u want a copy

andreas395
11-10-2008, 11:05
the batterys provide power when the battery is disconnected - so it can still sound off.

I have a wiring diagram if u want a copy

can i have a copy of the wiring diagram please thanks mate

andreasevlambiou2005@yahoo.co.uk

titcharoony
11-10-2008, 13:07
i have a second solution. :)