PDA

View Full Version : 30 second hesitation problem - possible solution ???

BRUN
08-10-2008, 12:07
ive had this problem many times before, usually fixed for a few months with a new lambda sensor

recently i fitted one, and the problem came back in about 2 weeks

now, ive recently changed where i buy my fuel, and the problem has gone, the only other thing thats changed is that ive started to put the clutch in when i start the car, but i cant see that being related really....

always used V-Power, so its the same fuel just from a different, busier, Shell

if anyone else gets that first 30 seconds of the car holding back, try a different petrol station and see how you go

Wobba
08-10-2008, 13:02
I notice a difference when using shittier fuels. It's not huge but it is noticeable.

LEIGH-ANNE
08-10-2008, 15:55
my car is more 'ticky' if I use shell petrol, usually I use bp though. Only it fibers in at shell to make it to BP LOL.

LEIGH-ANNE
08-10-2008, 15:56
Ps. I've just had a wispa and a cuppa mmm

1995clio16v
08-10-2008, 16:34
Slightly off topic but I dont buy this high octane fuel AT ALL.

I used to use V POWER in the 16v every fill up (seriously for around a year until my pocket ruled my head), go out of my way to find one. Friends used to think I was mental ''gotta find a shell station''.

IMO it makes no difference whatsoever, I just use regular unleaded now.

I reckon if your using an aston martin vanquish you probably would notice. Its all come down from the F1 scene and all the marketing, no ****ing wonder no one has any money in the credit crunch! I blame shell and their VPOWER.

Its all in the mind guys!

Brun - is fuel stored at temperature in stations? It may be something as simple as that?

Goodness me there are some anorak subjects talked about on this forum!

:roll:

8)

white16valver
08-10-2008, 19:23
I still prefer super as I think mine runs smoother on it, extra power or not.

My mum's car is night and day with super in it! Metallic and harsh when cold and running 95 but smooth as you like with super in it!

I get the occasional hesitation thing - I just put it down to character :P lol

BRUN
08-10-2008, 22:05
i use V-Power because of its cleaning power, not its performance increase(if any), a few extra pence per month works out cheaper than spending £5+ on any fuel treatments every few months

white16valver
08-10-2008, 22:10
Agreed.

Daz.
09-10-2008, 06:57
I use it because this chip runs like a nail on standard! :lol: