PDA

View Full Version : Servicing and service history

Greg_99
08-10-2008, 08:31
My Williams is due a service within the next month, it has covered 111,000 miles and has full service history since it was first registered back in 1994, however the majority of the history is not from main dealers just normal garages who have stamped the book.

I am more the capable of doing as good a service on it then any garage and would also like to save a few pennies along the way. What are you guys views on this were?

Should I continue to keep up with the stamps in the book or would it be more than acceptable to just provide the receipts of parts purchased for the serviced and with a note of the mileage as proof of the service history being continued?

If it had been serviced by a main dealer the whole way through i would deffantly keep up with the offical servicing but i'm not so sure.

white16valver
08-10-2008, 19:30
If it has FSH then I'd seriously consider keeping it up - will be more money now but when the market comes back up again you'll get a much higher price for a car with a stamped history!

Do you know anyone who owns or works at a garage who would let you borrow a stamp? ;)

I'd have kept mine up but I don't think it's worth it on a valver!