PDA

View Full Version : New top mounts

Evogone
07-10-2008, 10:07
Getting new suspension fitted to the cup racer next week and want to renew the top mounts aswell.

Where the best place to get them and how much.

eternalife
07-10-2008, 10:19
Getting new suspension fitted to the cup racer next week and want to renew the top mounts aswell.

Reno supply the 'top mount kit' for approx £27
From motorfactor its approx £23.

I personally pay the few extra quid and get Reno OEM item.

Evogone
07-10-2008, 10:23

Reno supply the 'top mount kit' for approx £27
From motorfactor its approx £23.

I personally pay the few extra quid and get Reno OEM item.

Are the 16v and williams the same part ? any numbers so to make sure the Renault numptys dont order the wrong one ?

arj256
07-10-2008, 13:12
You can get the rubber top mounts from Gsf and they are stamped up as Renault anyway.
And they also sell the bearings to.
If your after a top mount kit with all new nuts top plates etc, then Renault would be the best bet.

Evogone
09-10-2008, 14:35
You can get the rubber top mounts from Gsf and they are stamped up as Renault anyway.
And they also sell the bearings to.
If your after a top mount kit with all new nuts top plates etc, then Renault would be the best bet.

Part Numbers ??

Evogone
09-10-2008, 15:21
Ordered 2 of these so should fit my new suspension new week..

7701470089 @ £25.44 each Ex.VAT

Hope these are the correct ones..!

geesus
09-10-2008, 16:36
i know its too late now, but i phoned compbrake today as they currently have an ebay listing for 'renault clio top mounts'

and after speaking to a guy there he says the top mounts should fit all clio's mk1 or mk2!

might be useful for someone, i was looking for some aftermarket, uprated top mounts, but i'm leaving the standard ones on now

just passing on information

Evogone
09-10-2008, 17:16
i know its too late now, but i phoned compbrake today as they currently have an ebay listing for 'renault clio top mounts'

and after speaking to a guy there he says the top mounts should fit all clio's mk1 or mk2!

might be useful for someone, i was looking for some aftermarket, uprated top mounts, but i'm leaving the standard ones on now

just passing on information

The CS lot had some issues with these, dont know if they were fitting them wrong. Will fit the std ones and see what its like.

geesus
10-10-2008, 09:53
yeh i was advised by a good friend who fit them not to bother, not worth the extra money in his opinion