PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

gixxer_g
05-10-2008, 22:34
ok the clio is just about finished its total overhaul, pics coming soon

but

the exhaust

the original was all cable tied up and rotten so got a full system, i have fitted all new mounts, but, i cant for the life of me figure out what type of mount is missing, its just infront of the rear wheel on the curved section of pipe, both the car and the exhaust have a solid loop so you cant fit the normal type of exhaust mountsm whats meant to be there? anyone got some pics of it, as i am sure a cable tie and jubilee clip aint oem fitment

Ta

G

Wobba
05-10-2008, 23:34
Normal rubber mount goes there.

Some are strange though. If your exhaust is high then it will appear that the bracket on the exhaust is too high and should rest on the metal hanging bracket.

Over the years some peoples cars have had their modified to fit different exhausts etc.

Are you sure it is hanging correctly from other mounts? Is it knocking anywhere?

gixxer_g
06-10-2008, 09:48
yeah its on all the other mounts fine, althou the exhaust doesnt have one just after the cat(or where it should it) and the original one did, its confusing me what mount i need thou as its 2 closed mounting points so no way of sliding a mount over either of them, oh and it does still knock too.