PDA

View Full Version : has anyone got............

richy
26-06-2005, 16:44
any experince on the integra type R??

1998 DC2 1.8 16v 187bhp uk spec ??

just intrested cheers :)

Martin
26-06-2005, 16:50
Not me no.....

http://www.****ingslags.com/willy/2live/jonpassing.mpg

owned though!

KingStromba
26-06-2005, 17:28
Id like to see the next bit of that vid. The Porsche looks like its going quick on the corners.

GazTwo
26-06-2005, 17:30
any experince on the integra type R??

1998 DC2 1.8 16v 187bhp uk spec ??

just intrested cheers :)

Reckon Mark would be your best bet mate.

richy
26-06-2005, 18:25
cheers gaz, will talk to him when hes on, thinking about another car for early next year!

GazTwo
26-06-2005, 18:37
ITR is defo a good route to go, my mate has owned his 98 ITR since 2000 on 10k....5 years later and 60k he still loves it....I know Mark rates them aswell.

richy
26-06-2005, 18:43
yeah , have looked into a scooby wrx(1995ish) or evo 2/3 aswell but think running cost will be bit to much compared, can now insure all these cars no problems, so tempted to get one next year in place of clio pos(not sure yet lol)
:)

Jan
26-06-2005, 18:47
hmm - very nice cars, but not sure if it's much of an upgrade to a well sorted williams, which yours is looking like :)

richy
26-06-2005, 18:55
cheers jan, its just a option thats all, mine is far from perfect!! needs some more TLC lol :)

Jan
26-06-2005, 18:59
Don't we all know it - a williams always needs tlc and will never be perfect - lol

ITR on the other hand - just get in and give the thing death :twisted:

richy
26-06-2005, 19:04
to true lol!

2 live
26-06-2005, 20:53
Id like to see the next bit of that vid. The Porsche looks like its going quick on the corners.

not quick enuff to get past the pesky williams tho hehe :wink:

Mark_Ritchspeed
26-06-2005, 21:17
ITR's are seriously good cars. For trackdays they are simply awesome when driven properly.

I cant remember exact laptimes, but I lapped Oulton nearly 2 secs a lap quicker than the Clio in a 96 JDM Teg. Admittedly, one shock was up the duff on the Clio which didnt help, but down the straights, the punch from the B18C is much better than the 2litre Clio and they sound amazing. The Clio

I did want a Type R for rallying, but the costs would have been too much when compared to a Clio.

Having said that, although I consider a Teg a step up from a Clio, its nowhere near as much a step up as going to an early Evo.

If it was my money, I would get an Evo2 with some minor mods which would work out at around £4.5-5k for a very good one and the money saved from not buying the Teg could go on uprating the brakes and a few trackdays.

richy
26-06-2005, 21:31
cool sounds good :)

Purple
27-06-2005, 01:33
I had wanted to swap my Williams for a '99 Integra (JDM, think it was stock 197bhp). But, at the end, decided against it.

As a daily car, the Clio is easier to drive (better low-end torque), quite a bit more comfortable, less noisy, better steering/chassis feedback and more chuckable round corners. Whereas, the Intregra's engine is really intoxicating, it just revs and revs and urge you on. The gearbox/clutch are superslick. Good seating/pedals position (but harder bucket seats). And it goes round corners decently quick too.

I think in real world driving, there won't be much performance difference between both cars, so I chose to keep the Williams, mainly because it was more comfortable. But, if you are more into hardcore driving, the Integra would be a very good choice after the Williams.

neme
27-06-2005, 16:38
Nice looking cars , amazing engine , considering its a 1.8 as standard the perfomance is is bloody good too ! Cant go wrong with a vtec in my opinion.

steve.

richy
27-06-2005, 22:01
cheers all, just pondering at the mo, got to see how clio go's for the trackday and sprint day tbh (and general running faults) lol

do i?
1) carry on with clio?
2)look at a evo 2 or ITR?
3) sit n cry and hope i win lottery lol

Mark_Ritchspeed
27-06-2005, 23:01
Its hard to say. Generally ITR's are completely bullet proof in all the right areas and have an lsd as standard. They are also one of the best sounding cars on the planet.

Evo's are completely insane, but do have some gearbox weaknesses, although unlike the Clio they are fairly easily resolved and for not too much money. If you wanted to track one though, budget an extra £700-800 for uprated 4pots as Evo brakes are woeful on track including later Evos with their 2nd rate Brembos.

Clios? Well at least we know all the weaknesses here, but to be fair (in comparisons to Jap cars) they are fairly high maintenance when used on track. You've sorted the brakes, so apart from the odd pad, disc and fluid change that should be strong for years to come. Getting power at a reasonable cost out of the Clio lump is not easy and we all know the gearboxes at best are built from melted chocolate.

I'm also in the same sort of boat as you, in as much as I love Clios the time comes to move on and the fact that a German rally team are interested in mine may force my hand sooner rather than later.

richy
30-06-2005, 23:29
cheers like u say clios are not cheap to maintain, cost me a arm and leg lol and tbh the saying getting a little long in the tooth or to that point! comes to mind with the clio!

would love a evo and ifs defiantly a car to consider as is the ITR due to as u say how reliable they are and the awsome VTEC!!

:roll: