PDA

View Full Version : New Car...

ian711
02-10-2008, 19:02
...unfortunately, back in july my Williams 2 was written off. :(
was a pretty mint example too.

but it gave me the chance to get a new car and i had my heart set on Civic Type R EK9 (Jap import) have had it a couple of weeks and i'm loving it. :D
For you guys that dont know about them, they are only a 1.6 but are 185bhp.
Once you get it up in Vtec, it would have eaten my williams and if im honest, it would probably take it in the corners too. Here's a few pics. its completely standard apart from the lip on the front bumper.

Comments welcome.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/Iarno/DSCF11881.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/Iarno/DSCF11891.jpg[/img]

Totti
02-10-2008, 19:11
Very nice. I do like these a lot.

Whats the insurance like on them?

Any plans for it?

ian711
02-10-2008, 19:20
nah, i'm one of the 'Keep it standard' lot! :)

Hmmm, everyone you phone will say its insurance group 20 but in reality you can expect to pay as much you would for a williams. I'm Paying about £700 fully comp for the EK9.

The interior rivals that of the williams with red Recaro's as standard but the dials aren't as nice... well not until you see the rev counter hit 8,300Rpm, then they look nice!

Totti
02-10-2008, 19:25
Can't you get bolt on turbo's from the states for a couple of grand??.... 8)

I thought they would be more expensive to insure than the williams.

What are the differences between the EK9 and the Jordan? Other than the rank yellow seats....

dhay14
02-10-2008, 20:21
my mate got one too but with a integra type R (1.8 16V 200hp)engine in it.
after a few months he thought that was not enough for hin so now he supercharged it.

that thing is a beast...

now i'm finishing my 2.0 turbo lump to see if i can teach him some matters.. :twisted:

nice car btw

ian711
02-10-2008, 21:17
Totti Posted:

Can't you get bolt on turbo's from the states for a couple of grand??....

What are the differences between the EK9 and the Jordan? Other than the rank yellow seats....

I believe the trim is different, skirts etc. the seats and inside is different. then as you say, the jordan has rank seats whereas the EK9 has red recaros. the jordan is also only 155-160ish bhp but the EK9 is 185bhp.
and i imagine the the jordan doesnt come with a LSD as standard.

there are probably quite a few other differences as well.

Jamie.
02-10-2008, 21:26
Chris off CS was looking at these.

I'm not a fan tbh but I am most probably just ill informed.

bendee
02-10-2008, 22:35
looks nice geez i do like these

dhay14
02-10-2008, 22:58
Totti Posted:

I believe the trim is different, skirts etc. the seats and inside is different. then as you say, the jordan has rank seats whereas the EK9 has red recaros. the jordan is also only 155-160ish bhp but the EK9 is 185bhp.

the jordan's are a special model where only 500 rare made iir. they come with a B16A2 (1.6 16V 160HP) engine no LSD. The Type R version comes with a B16B (1.6 16V 185HP) engine with LSD. the TypeR engine's has a head that has been port & polished by hand, bigger valves, better exhaust, bigger inlet manifauld and are fitted with High compression Pistons.

ian711
02-10-2008, 23:10
dhay14

ian711 wrote:
Quote:
Totti Posted:

the jordan's are a special model where only 500 rare made iir. they come with a B16A2 (1.6 16V 160HP) engine no LSD. The Type R version comes with a B16B (1.6 16V 185HP) engine with LSD. the TypeR engine's has a head that has been port & polished by hand, bigger valves, better exhaust, bigger inlet manifauld and are fitted with High compression Pistons.

what that guy said! :wink:

dhay14
02-10-2008, 23:15
i will try to get pic's of my mate's engine bay.
it looks sick with a supercharger.

dhay14
02-10-2008, 23:26
it looks Jolly Good Show Old Boy! with a supercharger.

what is happening that is NOT what i wrote !!!
should be It looks very sick with a supercharger

dhay14
02-10-2008, 23:27
is the word S.I.C.K. banned ? on this forum?

Totti
02-10-2008, 23:48
Totti Posted:

Didn't realise they came with an LSD. Must be a great car with that. Can imagine that it would leave the williams. Even round the corners.

I know you aren't one for modifications, but a set of Toyo R888 would make a massive difference. I have some on my 1-7-2 and they are worth every penny.

Coops
03-10-2008, 00:56
never seen the point, if i bought jap it would have to be big power and at least rwd if not 4wd, european hatches do well enough on the fwd :wink:

J o n
03-10-2008, 02:12
There was one of these at Snetterton on slicks... it got smoked :lol:

nice cars, do like em, no idea how they stack up against a Williams, only ever had a proper encounter on track

dhay14
03-10-2008, 12:01
There was one of these at Snetterton on slicks... it got smoked :lol:

nice cars, do like em, no idea how they stack up against a Williams, only ever had a proper encounter on track

the B16A1 and B16A2 will get smocked by the williams if they are both stock, that i have seen with my own eyes. the B16B i don't know as my friend did not run against the williams in the short periode he had that engine in before the swap.

ian711
03-10-2008, 13:18
as i said, feels faster than my williams and will most definitely handle better.

From what i've heard, if driven properley an EK9 can easily compete with the big 2 litre turbo's, scooby, evo's etc.
how true that is i dont know.

number1
03-10-2008, 17:39
there nice cars, mate has a b16b lump in his eg civic rolling roaded at 183bhp, its not as fast as my hybrid tho, Damn impressive power for a 1600 though! just a bit lacking in the torque department for my liking!

eternalife
04-10-2008, 15:24
Very nice indeed!

Only ever heard good things about the EK9's - remember chatting to a guy at pod who had a very mint example, which he had imported for himself and then he turbo'd it :shock:

It is a shame they never released them in the UK officially.

eternalife
04-10-2008, 15:26
never seen the point, if i bought jap it would have to be big power and at least rwd if not 4wd, european hatches do well enough on the fwd :wink:

Aye, juts doesn't make sense - a bit like turbo-ing a valver :wink: :lol:

Is my sarcasm apparent enough? :P

Wobba
04-10-2008, 15:56
I remember when these came out. PC did a review of it and stacked it up vs the Williams.

The Williams won.