PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Coops
02-10-2008, 10:53
Its coming up to my first full years insurance on the williams, so i need advice on best places to check over for insurance

what group is the williams?

i live in an 'a' rated zone, so that should help right?

car is parked on drive, is that best place?

no mods

thatcham cat one alarm and immobiliser

NCB: 2 years
convictions: 3 points in august 2005, so over 3 years but they ask for previous 5

anything else i can do to bring my premium down, that wont cost, so no advanced driving or tracker systems etc, just simple stuff?

any advice much appreciated

cheers

Ben

Smudger
02-10-2008, 11:22
i just got ny renewal through for the williams this morning.

Not too sure on the zone rating my house is in but im 24 have 4 years no claims and my premium is £403 a year fully comp through elephant.

I have my mum as a named driver (not that she ever drives it) and its reduced my premium down last year by about £80.

Thats without a thatcham alarm, the car is on the drive and no points

busterhymes
02-10-2008, 11:32
garaged best m8 taking a bigger excess should help so worth asking on what savings u can make
re insurance companies shoppin around on the comparison sites covers a lot of ground
limited mileage policies can save a bit
no matter what m8 remember they are all robbin b*****d
bein an old git like me helps but seein as your a young un no luck on that front :lol: :lol:

LEIGH-ANNE
02-10-2008, 13:09
Im just about to renew my insurance ben, im gona be paying £430

At the mo im with admiral which i found have been the best so far. Tesco is quite expensive imo. And diamond and elephant are the same people. (not that u can use diamond :roll: )

Im going for diamond this time around, with my dad added to the policy (hes 48).

Im 24 with 2 years ncb now. I was always a named driver on my exs policy and it works in everyones favour.

You could add me to ur policy ben.......it will certainly bring it down. Ill give ya details and u can check online....honestly it will bring it down by bout £100 :wink:

driveway is certainly better and i always put around 4k a year milage wise. And as buster says.....bigger excess

:D

Smudger
02-10-2008, 13:36
with excess i would say its best to see what quotes you get.

i.e. ask for a premium with a 200 excess then 250, 300 etc. you will get to a point where you might be increasing your excess but not really dropping your premium much.

ive left mine at £300 (front what i remember) as changing it to £400 only propped my annual premium by £30.

My mileage is stated as 6,000miles i believe

fasterthanjesus
02-10-2008, 14:17
always check what the policy offers regarding "legal fees"

Coops
02-10-2008, 14:35
cheers people, i will have a trawl, best i've got so far is halifax at 470 quid fully comp, but they dont even exist any more :lol: :wink:

leighanne, i would love to insure you on my willy................... :P

LEIGH-ANNE
02-10-2008, 15:11
cheers people, i will have a trawl, best i've got so far is halifax at 470 quid fully comp, but they dont even exist any more :lol: :wink:

leighanne, i would love to insure you on my willy................... :P

We will talk bout this at length tnite then.....will certainly benefit u anyways :twisted:

BRUN
02-10-2008, 17:26
adrian flux for me, cheapest for 3yrs running

Allan
02-10-2008, 18:32
aye flux for me, 380 fully comp 250 excess on the williams with all mods declared, 26 with max ncb though, every year they put it up and i have to go to admiral or direct line to get alower quote, then the year after i move back, its strange.

flux always give me silly low quotes then high ones on renewal :S p.s thats with my mum and dad both as named drivers and also having the dimma insured with flux aswell

Daz.
02-10-2008, 21:12
Limited mileage knocks it down a lot, tell them it will see less that 6k a year..

Also see if they do discounts for duel policies? you could insure the willy and the tub through the same company

richy
02-10-2008, 21:23
grp 17 btw for the williams!

Jamie.
02-10-2008, 21:33
I really do think they could do with rebanding and re-assessing cars every 5 years.

As based on todays standards the Williams is not 17.

Coops
03-10-2008, 00:52
no way will flux even touch the turbo compared to green light, tried it and it wasnt pretty despite double policy i've been insuring 2 cars for years :wink: and green light wont touch anthing that isnt stupidly modified :lol:

with flux atm, not sure what renewal will be bit i think i need to go into discussions armed

both companies i use tho use HIC as underwriters, could i no got to them direct, or does it not work like that?

leigh lass, sorry if i missed you, been out climbing again and on the piss, same for the weekend, back monday to resume normal service :wink: :P

white16valver
03-10-2008, 12:35
I will never go with Flux again, and I also make sure that any broker giving me a price isn't putting me with Highway insurance as they're a bunch of c***s IMO.

HIC have done me well the past couple of years, going with Chaucer and NIG. Haven't claimed so not sure how good the companies are but so far so good...

Limit your mileage to under 5 or 6k to bring it down a bit.

Beware on the excesses though - a voluntary excess will be added on top of standard excesses. In my case this is something like £150 for Fire and Theft, £150 for a Fault accident, and £100 for something else, meaning my Nil excess is actually £250... :?

franksvalver
03-10-2008, 19:10
Willy is a group 14

Im 19, 1yncb

Nan and mum on policy and can insure a willy 3 for 1100 quid

Daz.
03-10-2008, 19:45
Willy is a group 14

Im 19, 1yncb

Nan and mum on policy and can insure a willy 3 for 1100 quid

its 17 mate not 14

franksvalver
03-10-2008, 21:33
LOL i can get insured on an insurance group 17??

Time to try an M3....

katbloke
04-10-2008, 08:01
Limited mileage knocks it down a lot, tell them it will see less that 6k a year..

Also see if they do discounts for duel policies? you could insure the willy and the tub through the same company

Was gonna say that too, gmta or fsd.
Admiral multi car is a good way of reducing insurance, mine works at 200quid fully comp with my mrs car on top

Jamie.
04-10-2008, 09:03
Problem with ig is that underwriters will go off their own statistics anyway.

I wanted to change my policy from a williams to another car recently and despite it being a lower insurance group it was still more. And a fair bit more at that.

Gives you a reasonable "indication" though.

MAXIBOY
04-10-2008, 11:22
HIC ftw...600 on the maxi upto 500bhp and agreed valve on 20'000 in case the worst happens..