PDA

View Full Version : Williams 3 Oil Cooler?

carterwilliams
01-10-2008, 19:10
Any suggestions on wether to fit or not?

Wobba
01-10-2008, 19:44
Any suggestions on wether to fit or not?

Hello, and welcome to the forums :)

It depends what you use it for really. The stock one is ok for general use though I know lots of people have fitted Mocal oil coolers etc. Quite a few peeps here trackday their cars so best wait for one of them to comment.

As standard, mine rarely gets overly hot on a hard run.

Justin..
01-10-2008, 20:06
i wouldnt bother, unless your seeing high temps on track, the stock cooler is enough

Allan
02-10-2008, 18:51
if you do fit one, make sure its got a thermostat else it will not get upto temp quickly and cause problems with cold oil

arj256
02-10-2008, 19:43
Unless your driving very enthusiastically, then the standard water cooled oil cooler is fine for road use.

If your getting rather high temperatures then you could try a higher grade oil which can handle that better as a compromise.

What temps you getting?

carterwilliams
03-10-2008, 19:53
Unless your driving very enthusiastically, then the standard water cooled oil cooler is fine for road use.

If your getting rather high temperatures then you could try a higher grade oil which can handle that better as a compromise.

What temps you getting?

Havnt run the car since i bought it in march, took it on as a retoration which is not far off. Got some cash left over and was looking for some worth while additions!