PDA

View Full Version : Clio keys

LEIGH-ANNE
26-09-2008, 12:59
Ok, so mentioned to my renault source that i got a new key cut the other day, cost me £8 for a normal thing

He said that the machine at work that they use to code the keys with (the same one pictured below) is easy to use and can get an exact copy of mine done no prob as it dont cost them anything to do.

8)

This usually costs around £80 dont it..........?

So anyone else thinking of getting a spare or sumthing, let me no and ill help ya out :D

Bayliss
26-09-2008, 13:17
nice picture

mossyv6
26-09-2008, 13:21
LOL Mr Bayliss :P

LEIGH-ANNE
26-09-2008, 13:22
opps :lol:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/leighanne24/july2008873.jpg

Coops
26-09-2008, 14:22
dammit cant view pics in work, what happened :lol:

i'd be interested in a spare for the turbo miss :D

busterhymes
26-09-2008, 14:31
looking at that palm looks like you will lead and long and healthy life and be wealthy and generous unfortunately you will blow your money on keeping the renault running as for generous well instead of my usual fee a free key will do ta :wink: :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
26-09-2008, 15:28
dammit cant view pics in work, what happened :lol:

i'd be interested in a spare for the turbo miss :D

Loser :P

Okies, will chat later bout getting it done but not a prob :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
26-09-2008, 15:30
looking at that palm looks like you will lead and long and healthy life and be wealthy and generous unfortunately you will blow your money on keeping the renault running as for generous well instead of my usual fee a free key will do ta :wink: :wink:

lol - i can send u a free key no probs! Didnt state a percific key tho :wink:

busterhymes
26-09-2008, 15:53
:lol: :lol: :lol:

eternalife
27-09-2008, 01:50
I was under the impression Mk1 keys could not be recoded to a different sensor :?

Will await for you to have yours done to prove the above wrong (hopefully).

2 live
27-09-2008, 02:06
ur hands are tiny

my cock would look massive in them ;)

MatBrown
27-09-2008, 08:18
ur hands are tiny

LoL.

1st time for everything eh? :P

Mat.

LEIGH-ANNE
27-09-2008, 10:22
ur hands are tiny

Yea my hands are tiny, good for diddly bits in engine bays

And just for u 2live cos u had the cheek to say it...

Handy having small hands as in most cases I use both hands, helps with extra presicion :roll:

Justin..
27-09-2008, 11:55
lol oh dear, but yeah your hands are usaul in the bay clio lol, i've had 1st hand experience - sorry lol bad pun

any way, leighanne, on my naples i got 2 keys but only one plip is coded to open it the other is from an old car, could they re-code it so they both open the car??

2 live
28-09-2008, 00:56
ur hands are tiny

LoL.

1st time for everything eh? :P

Mat.

well its never been in her hands before.so yeah. i guess so ;)

2 live
28-09-2008, 00:57
ur hands are tiny

Handy having small hands as in most cases I use both hands, helps with extra presicion :roll:

cool..u can come n refit the wire to the oil pressure sensor on mine. wont have to take the heatshield off that way either lol

LEIGH-ANNE
28-09-2008, 22:44
lol oh dear, but yeah your hands are usaul in the bay clio lol, i've had 1st hand experience - sorry lol bad pun

any way, leighanne, on my naples i got 2 keys but only one plip is coded to open it the other is from an old car, could they re-code it so they both open the car??

Justin im pretty sure yes, cos its all bout re coding etc.....

So even if u just found one say in the street or brought of ebay....should just be able to be coded to ur car using the reg....

Will have to check first but thats wot i would say....

Justin..
28-09-2008, 22:50
wicked, would be smart if ya could, or tell me who does it :) sucks having one working and one not :lol:

LEIGH-ANNE
28-09-2008, 22:51
ur hands are tiny

cool..u can come n refit the wire to the oil pressure sensor on mine. wont have to take the heatshield off that way either lol

You can cum to me and ill do it for ya if u want... And me thinks the headshield will have to cum off! :roll:

LEIGH-ANNE
28-09-2008, 22:52
wicked, would be smart if ya could, or tell me who does it :) sucks having one working and one not :lol:

Only if u wana pay £80.....

Keep ya posted

Justin..
can do it form underneath :wink:

Justin..
feking edit button lol

ok thanks leighanne :)

LEIGH-ANNE
28-09-2008, 22:55

Oh....can i have some blue overalls and one of them sliding trays to lay on? :roll:

Justin..
28-09-2008, 22:58
lay on me if you like :lol:

:P

Justin..
28-09-2008, 22:58
oh i and thought you liked getting white tops oily :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
28-09-2008, 23:00

u wana see my one tday, used the one i was wearing when adam made me clean the wheel arches.......!

No.....it never came out!

16v_paddy
28-09-2008, 23:00

Keep ya posted

:shock: £80 to decode a key :shock: I've got 1 I need doing :(

Justin..
28-09-2008, 23:01

u wana see my one tday, used the one i was wearing when adam made me clean the wheel arches.......!

hahah i remember that, god darn stub axles making an imprint on your chest :P

LEIGH-ANNE
28-09-2008, 23:02

Keep ya posted

:shock: £80 to decode a key :shock: I've got 1 I need doing :(

Didnt see this post before then? Okies well ill get mine done first, and check its all ok, then do ur lot....have a few now to do lol :roll: :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
28-09-2008, 23:04
Actually, need to get a few of the casings.....for the keys....

Cos obviously ive got one of them shite keys, but if i want it to work with central locking i need a housing and a circuit board dont i....

16v_paddy
28-09-2008, 23:10
:oops: didn't read the thread properly :oops:

sort of drifts about this 1 :roll: :lol:

My car only came with 1 key (18 months ago :roll: :oops: )
I've got a complete key fob from another valver I broke and I've got a blank blade coming, I can my key copied, so can the key from the other car be de-coded to work with my central locking etc???

Justin..
28-09-2008, 23:11
i hope so, cos thats what i'm after!
:lol:

but the code for my key isnt the for the car its used on now, but i'd guess you'd need the reg from the donor car (in my case anyway as its not the orginal sensors etc)

LEIGH-ANNE
28-09-2008, 23:12

hahah i remember that, god darn stub axles making an imprint on your chest :P

Yes thats right......how do u remember that lol

Justin werent gawping at my chest peeps btw i werent wearing it wen i showed him the t-shirt!

Justin..
28-09-2008, 23:13
aye, i have to admit, its unfortunate that she wasn't wearing the said item of clothing :(

LEIGH-ANNE
28-09-2008, 23:14
:oops: didn't read the thread properly :oops:

sort of drifts about this 1 :roll: :lol:

My car only came with 1 key (18 months ago :roll: :oops: )
I've got a complete key fob from another valver I broke and I've got a blank blade coming, I can my key copied, so can the key from the other car be de-coded to work with my central locking etc???

Yea blame 2live for that one!

Understand wot ur all saying so ill go and speak to someone whos knows bout it soon and get them all done hopfully...

white16valver
29-09-2008, 17:04
I'm confused :oops: LoL

All I know is I would like a second key if they are available and not ££££!

2 live
29-09-2008, 18:01

Oh....can i have some blue overalls and one of them sliding trays to lay on? :roll:

sorry i only have red overalls...ex kenny roberts racing team ovvies ;)

been around the world and they happiest when under the willy lol

sliding tray could be fun.....would b a new experience lol

hey....dont blame me, i was only saying out loud what evryone else was thinkin lol.

LEIGH-ANNE
29-09-2008, 18:09
red overalls and blonde hair! U won't miss me will ya LOL

So will anyone else own up to thinking the same thing as 2live then?? :roll:

16v_paddy
29-09-2008, 18:18
Yeah, ME! :lol: :oops:

Any news on the keys?

Justin..
29-09-2008, 18:24
:ninja:

LEIGH-ANNE
29-09-2008, 18:26
Yeah, ME! :lol: :oops:

Any news on the keys?

:o :o

No news yet peeps....

Coops
29-09-2008, 19:14
:( :doit:

LEIGH-ANNE
15-10-2008, 16:20
Right ok...

So managed to have a chat with my source now.

He says that he is able to order in the circuit boards needed for the key fobs, although cant do too many at a time... unsure of price yet.

Tell me if im wrong but werent there sumwhere selling the key fob casings for our keys? If so ill check to bulk order some for us. Although i do have a feeling that the casing comes together with a new circuit board. Will let u no bout this.

Once a circuit board inside the fob has been printed so to speak with ur cars details it is usless to be used on another car....it can not be re coded for another willy.

To code on of these circuit boards they will need the car itself, or the ECU as the machine is plugged into it, and also sumthing else which i cant think of off the top of my head.

Obviously the majority dont live close to me at all. So the way it would have to be dun is that i can get the circuit boards and maybe the casing etc done. And the coding of the key can be done at a later stage. So once u get the bits through the post, ud need to head to reno and get that done. This i believe is around £40.

I will clarify later this week that all details are correct.

Ive actually known this about a week but not had the chance and forgot about it really until sumone reminded me (u no who u are lol)

Yes im usless i no lol.....

Well not at everything :wink:

16v_paddy
16-10-2008, 03:53
Yes im usless i no lol.....

Well not at everything :wink:

Please elaborate..... :wink:

Correct me if I'm wrong.......I have a spare casing from a valver I broke - the circuit board in that is uaeless and want chucking in the bin???

So I'll need a fresh circuit board from you, put it in my spare casing with my newly cut blade then take it to renault and get it coded to my car?

16v_paddy
16-10-2008, 03:57
:rant: DAMN EDIT BUTTON FFS! :rant:

crap typing :roll: :oops: It's 4am and my brian is mushy :screwy: :tongue3:

LEIGH-ANNE
16-10-2008, 09:22
lee ur correct yes. Would have cost u over £100 in total but coding a key is around £40

I'll be speaking to sumone at sum point tday to clarify

BRUN
17-10-2008, 14:14
coding a key is £76 at our place

16v_paddy
21-10-2008, 18:37
any news leighanne? :cowboy:

franksvalver
21-10-2008, 19:26
for anyone who goes to north weald market theres an old boy who cuts and recode keys.

The blade cost me 4 quid and the plip to recode in his machine cost 30 quid

34 quid all in. but thats north weald market jobby

white16valver
21-10-2008, 20:31
Did it work? lol

And do you just need an old key and the key you want the code off of?

LEIGH-ANNE
21-10-2008, 22:08
Ill get all confermation tmora...promise! :wink:

Justin..
21-10-2008, 22:11
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/mcbar52/Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

Justin..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/mcbar52/Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

Justin..
Shit :x

white16valver
22-10-2008, 13:09
:lol:

LEIGH-ANNE
22-10-2008, 14:17
Oks.........

So rung up a reno dealer, not my closest one and not the one with my source at.

The blade and key cost £104.60 + vat
Coding costs £45.24

Keys cannot be recoded at any point, once recoded they belong to that car full stop.

The keys are orderd directly from france.....everytime they are ordered, england dont stock them so to speak.

So it is up to my source to see if he can get a few sent over somehow. I will hopefully talk to him tnite bout this.

So now looks like the coding will be the easiest thing to 'get away with' as its just done through diagnostics. Although for people living a fair distance from me it wont be possible unless ud like to come and visit moi.

Will keep updated guys

:D

BRUN
22-10-2008, 16:39
what your trying to do is impossible, they cannot 'get some over' from France to keep in stock, each one is ordered against a security code which is assigned to the vehicle, you CANNOT order a key without this code, and its highly likely the key will not code to any other vehicle other than the one it was ordered for, this is the case will nearly all 2001-current vehicles but im not 100% on the older ones, however the ordering issue still remains, they cannot stock any for you, each one will need paying for in advance and log book and ID produced

every time a key 'plip' is ordered, ID and log book must be copied and stored securely, this is a procedure that must be followed by all dealers, if your friend is ordering keys for people without this, i suggest you dont name him or the dealership involved otherwise they will be in serious trouble from Renault and i guess in breach of their franchise contract

LEIGH-ANNE
22-10-2008, 16:46
what your trying to do is impossible, they cannot 'get some over' from France to keep in stock, each one is ordered against a security code which is assigned to the vehicle, you CANNOT order a key without this code, and its highly likely the key will not code to any other vehicle other than the one it was ordered for, this is the case will nearly all 2001-current vehicles but im not 100% on the older ones, however the ordering issue still remains, they cannot stock any for you, each one will need paying for in advance and log book and ID produced

every time a key 'plip' is ordered, ID and log book must be copied and stored securely, this is a procedure that must be followed by all dealers, if your friend is ordering keys for people without this, i suggest you dont name him or the dealership involved otherwise they will be in serious trouble from Renault and i guess in breach of their franchise contract

Yed thanks BRUN but i knew all of that i just choose not to share it until id spoken to the person in question!

Brun u dont seem to keen on the idea.....if this is impossible why not mention it before..

I think i just wont try to help others out in the future

white16valver
22-10-2008, 17:55
I'm intrigued by frank's post, as it ties in with what I've been told by my local Timpsons keycutting place.

They said it's £30 for a new key, but they have to sell you a coded one as they won't just sell you a cut blade (presumably because of the theft issue).

If it can be done for £30 from them then the Renault line on it doesn't seem to stack up!

I'm confused :( lol

16v_paddy
22-10-2008, 18:21
I'm confused :( lol

Same here :?

I've got a blank blade and a plipper from a dead valver, so what's it gonna cost me to get the circuit board thing?

u know I'd come visit :wink: :roll: then I'd have the chance to stand around dribbling :droool: over justins 4 wheeled lunacy :lol:

Justin..
22-10-2008, 18:28
lol :oops:

franksvalver
22-10-2008, 20:05
Right the blades can be cut by a key cutter...the blades are just hard to get hold of apparantly.

Renault charge alot. To order a new key from renault you must supply your number plate and chassis plate as each individual car has its own individual code on it that works for one car These keys will work straight away like as soon as you insert the battery. HOWEVER the fobs can be recoded. The chap at north weald did mine off a spare i had so i then had two keys.

The first key i had i bought from renault out of a packet which was a special order thing. cost abut 110quid after my discount. Fair enough expensive but i wanted it. The key from renault came pre coded to my car. Simple

I then changed the ecu and it all went tits up haha :D

16v_paddy
22-10-2008, 20:12
I got my blade for £2.95 :D here
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Castle-Keys-Ltd-Nottm-UK_W0QQ_trksidZp284.m183QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%26i ts%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26o tn%3D4

white16valver
23-10-2008, 13:15
Right the blades can be cut by a key cutter...the blades are just hard to get hold of apparantly.

Renault charge alot. To order a new key from renault you must supply your number plate and chassis plate as each individual car has its own individual code on it that works for one car These keys will work straight away like as soon as you insert the battery. HOWEVER the fobs can be recoded. The chap at north weald did mine off a spare i had so i then had two keys.

The first key i had i bought from renault out of a packet which was a special order thing. cost abut 110quid after my discount. Fair enough expensive but i wanted it. The key from renault came pre coded to my car. Simple

I then changed the ecu and it all went tits up haha :D
This is good to know. I need to take a trip I think...

Matty86
23-10-2008, 14:38
I've replaced my valver blade before because it had snapped. I ordered a blank blade from renault (<£10 iirc) and then had a local locksmith match it to my old key (he just looked at it and was able to copy it :shock:)

I've also had a new fob for my RT. as said, it was about £100 :( and I needed to bring in ID and a V5.

afaik, you can't order 'blank' fobs and you can't recode them either :?

the code they use should either be in the service manual (along with the key code :shock:) or it should be on a strip of paper inside the fob or stuck to the top of the sensor unit

BRUN
25-10-2008, 23:35
Yed thanks BRUN but i knew all of that i just choose not to share it until id spoken to the person in question!

Brun u dont seem to keen on the idea.....if this is impossible why not mention it before..

I think i just wont try to help others out in the future

if you already knew they couldnt order them in for stock then why even start the thread in the first place, getting peoples hopes up of a cheap new key

i work for Renault in parts, and keys are one of the most complex things their are, different models and different ages of vehicles have totally different procedures for ordering and coding, thankfully all the newer ones on key cards are all the same so it makes it easy, its the older ones which can get complicated

LEIGH-ANNE
27-10-2008, 22:10
Brun pm'd