PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problem

harrys
25-09-2008, 21:34
Hiya!
Its been nearly a week since my williams came out the garage for the first time in 2 years. All MOT'd last Fri all seemed good...
However took it up the shop quickly and put my foot down, and in the low revs in first gear the car started juddering, almost bunny hopping. Took my foot off the throttle and then just gently put it back on and all was good. But then changed gear, and in the low revs of 2nd, again the problem occured. Anyway this keeps happening.
Long and short of it all, whenever im in a gear and put my foot down at low revs, the car doesnt move, just starts to bunny hop like a learner driver! But if i slowly/gradually put my foot on the throttle the car goes as it should. Therefore just cant put my foot down!! Grr!
Any guesses/ideas as to what the prob is? Im tthinking new clutch. If this is the case, how much am i looking at? Thanks for any help! Ta

MAXIBOY
25-09-2008, 22:14
doubt its the clutch mate..

think its more an electrical maybe a loose bad connection etc..

worn plugs leads old fuel..

Coops
25-09-2008, 22:28
throttle position sensore, idle control valve

talkingfish
26-09-2008, 09:28
injectors/injector plugs???

harrys
26-09-2008, 16:22
Coops, sounds like you may have it! Thanks! Just taken it to an Indy guy round the corner to let him have a drive and he suspects the throttle sensor! Booked in next week! Cheers guys!

MatrixGuy
26-09-2008, 19:20
Mine does a similar thing! :shock:

Coops; where is the throttle position sensor? sorry, am no good with cars!

MAXIBOY
26-09-2008, 19:51
the small red item with three wires coming out of it..

on the throttle body to the left of the air filter..

MatrixGuy
28-09-2008, 13:55
the small red item with three wires coming out of it..

on the throttle body to the left of the air filter..

Cheers mate, found it.

What do you need to do with it? or should i leave it to my mechanic? lol