PDA

View Full Version : 2 live jr

2 live
24-09-2008, 23:19
thats my boy....8 year old, 3rd time karting, vs a 9 year old

he now has the cadet lap record of 23 secs, which is 3 secs slower than me, in a kart that 5 secs a lap slower.... :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MztGNw0Pg94

eternalife
25-09-2008, 09:45
JB was telling me bout ur boy being a dab hand in a kart - heard his quite talented (and doesn't he know it :wink: ).
Lets hope he makes it big in the world of racing eventually 8)

Don't be too shocked at him being faster - big weight difference between you and your boy.

2 live
25-09-2008, 16:20
aye but the power/weght ratio is about same mate. the kids karts are a fair bit down on power compared to the full size ones. lol.

apparently the marshalls etc, say theres a 5 sec diff between em.....which technically makes im 2 secs faster than me lol

Daz.
25-09-2008, 17:54
Where is that?? I've been there!! like ten years ago or something but I recognise the place!

Been wondering where that was for ages!

northy
25-09-2008, 17:59
Good lad....did he lap the other guy ?

2 live
25-09-2008, 18:43
tis in colne mate. end of 65, hit a right then left at roundabouts, 1/4 mile up road on ur left ;)

lap him....i cant remember tbh mate..was that long ago. hes mastered it quite a bit more now, taken another second or so off his laptimes

FlamingMonkey
25-09-2008, 20:36
Ive been there a few times, last time on mini motos :shock: i think im the wrong size for mini motos though :P

2 live
25-09-2008, 22:11
yeah they used to do that there, not sure if they still do tho. lol....wewre ur knees tryin to force ur helmet off??

they are just about to recieve 10 new full size karts, maybe we should get a mini meet up there lol.

FlamingMonkey
25-09-2008, 22:59
yeah they used to do that there, not sure if they still do tho. lol....wewre ur knees tryin to force ur helmet off??

they are just about to recieve 10 new full size karts, maybe we should get a mini meet up there lol.

hehe was a few years ago,knees up by the ear, and evertime i went round a corner my trainer gripped on the track and tried high sidingme :D

I'm up for some karting there not too far away, reckon I could rustle up a few if needed

Daz.
26-09-2008, 15:20

I'd be well up for that - been donkeys since I've been in karts!

2 live
26-09-2008, 17:15
rite, im not goin next weekend, but il be goin a fortnight after that.

will get some figures for the sessions etc

what would ppl rather do? arrive n drive, think these are limited to 10 per session, and £25 for 1/2 hour

or grand prix type thing?

2 live
26-09-2008, 17:30
in fact...arrive n drive £25 for 30 mins, £40 for1 hour

their prices are going up to this on 1st oct.

need to b over 16 to take part in the rand prix's but il see if theyl let taig on with us, i dont think therel b a problem lol. hopefully he wont be tall enough to get in the big karts by then...lol

2 live
20-11-2008, 19:59
bit of an update. this his 2nd attempt at the intermediate class at daytona manchester.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1mhgTMnHFM

stevie_b
21-11-2008, 21:12
My son's making murmurings about me getting him a kart now since I won't let him use mine (he's too young!) and I'm thinking of a GX160 since the supposed lower maintenance appeals. Has anyone had any experience of these and is there any strong reason why I should not get one of those and go the route of an S60/W60 instead?

2 live
22-11-2008, 02:21
from what i can gather mate, it depends on where abouts u live, and which comps u gunna put him in for , tracks/clubs etc. the closest track to me runs mainly w/s60 orientated events, with the odd wtp allowed to attend on certain dates.

swings n roundabouts really....the w/s60s need refurbs more often, but the gx/wtp engines cost more to refurb......

simonr85
22-11-2008, 12:48
2LIVE, do they allow you to bring your own go kart to the 1 in colne????

Ive got a YZF R6 go kart :twisted: and struggling for places tp use it!

stevie_b
22-11-2008, 12:56
Looking at the video of the track I'd doubt it. Those little indoor tracks usually don't let you bring your own karts, of any type. Wouldn't be much fun there anyway - I wouldn't think of taking my 250 Biland somewhere like that, and I presume yours is making a heck of a lot more power than that?

2 live
22-11-2008, 15:12
2LIVE, do they allow you to bring your own go kart to the 1 in colne????

Ive got a YZF R6 go kart :twisted: and struggling for places tp use it!

no mate they dont. ins purposes etc.

trax in preston will allow u to run ur own kart

cliopete
23-11-2008, 12:38

How about it Jon?
I would be up for a meet and a bit of fun in the carts, it's a few years now since I last went carting.

Pete

2 live
23-11-2008, 17:53
if i can drum up enough interest mate then yeah.deffo.

eternalife
23-11-2008, 19:27
Little'un looks like he understands the motors a lot better than his competition!
do u talk him through lines etc? or does he tend to go with it and find his own?
I do like the fact that his not over aggressive either - seems disciplined and waits for his opportunities 8)

Probably too far for you northerners :roll: - I did Hoddesdon a few years back.
Nice long circuit (over 1k long) in 320 cc karts (2x160cc).
I do remember someone saying its where Lewis Hamilton first started up although I havent bothered to check personally.
Was a good experience, we rented the track to ourselves - 15minutes qualifying and 45minute race (laptimes displayed digitally too).

But if you gent's fancy coming where its warmer (slightly), i'd be up for it.

2 live
23-11-2008, 22:02
no mate. cant take any credit for his style. its all down to him. throw him in a kart n let him loose, thats what hes come up with lol.

stevie_b
23-11-2008, 23:57
I did Hoddesdon a few years back.

I'd definitely do it if we went there - it's the track I go to most anyway. £40 for the day if you have your own kart, so pretty cheap really. A full day is too much for my fitness levels anyway so usually share and it's just £20 each!

Wobba
24-11-2008, 01:14
A full day is too much for my fitness levels anyway so usually share and it's just £20 each!

Too right! It is a demanding sport. My fitness is not high enough for long sessions anymore either! Need to get to the gym :D

When I was young I did karting and was pretty good :D Thing is I had a good advantage as I was a skinny little bugger back then and power to weight was in my favour.

Went with my uncle who was semi pro or something, he used big karts with gears and stupid top speeds for such small vehicles.

stevie_b
24-11-2008, 20:51
Yeah, even my non-gearbox one does 100 mph. The superkarts can do 160+ I think, but you need a big track to play on! I have a GPS data logger for the Clio that I think should just power off the 12v battery (I have a TAG kart) so I will give that a go next year and post up the trace with speeds on it - no idea what they'd be at the mo but could probably work it out based on cog sizes since I have a rev counter and know I hit about 12k on the straight at Rye House.

simonr85
27-11-2008, 13:26
Yeah, even my non-gearbox one does 100 mph. The superkarts can do 160+ I think, but you need a big track to play on! I have a GPS data logger for the Clio that I think should just power off the 12v battery (I have a TAG kart) so I will give that a go next year and post up the trace with speeds on it - no idea what they'd be at the mo but could probably work it out based on cog sizes since I have a rev counter and know I hit about 12k on the straight at Rye House.

12k??? is that it??? :lol:

I hit 17k :twisted: in the R6 Kart :twisted:

anyone know where i can take it for a few top speed test runs??? need to practice high speed runs for pod!!

2 live
27-11-2008, 20:09
i know a nice little road ;)

simonr85
28-11-2008, 10:22
where is it mate??? any chance of rozzers turning up???

2 live
28-11-2008, 20:13
errrrr not really seen any coppers up there tbh. does get a little bumpy, but iv raced many a bike over there lol......btw...apparently its the road that jamie whitham learnt how to ride fast on......;)

2 live
27-12-2008, 23:41
little clip of his 1st outdoor day....was a test day at hooton park, lot of quick kids there. and quick karts lol

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LDB702NYh4s

kinda held his own against a couple of team riders....showin them they werent comin past lol.

2 live
12-03-2009, 21:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZQK6Ru9QE&feature=channel_page

his 9th b/day party .....foook me where does the time go???