PDA

View Full Version : widetrack, williams brake hoses needed?

bendee
24-09-2008, 19:44
just a quick one sure i have more i need to ask but this is all i can think off atm. do you need the hoses or are the valver items long enough?

Coops
24-09-2008, 20:07
iirc the valver ones are not good enough to get through an mot

MAXIBOY
24-09-2008, 20:40
use the renault 19 ones iirc.

Geezer
24-09-2008, 21:26
use the renault 19 ones iirc.

Yup thats what I did, perfect for the job.

Craig

Matty86
24-09-2008, 22:49
:shock:

knew there was something I was forgetting!!

how do you go about changing brake lines? do they unscrew? do you have to bleed the system through again? :(

stevie_b
24-09-2008, 23:04
Yes, if you swap the brake lines you will definitely need to bleed the system.

Adi82
24-09-2008, 23:08
I have a set of brand new goodridge bradied hoses that have been made up the correct length for a williams.

PM me if your intrested

Geezer
24-09-2008, 23:09
:shock:

knew there was something I was forgetting!!

how do you go about changing brake lines? do they unscrew? do you have to bleed the system through again? :(

As stevie_b said, you will need to bleed the system.
As for the lines themselves, invest a good old brake spanner thats the correct size for the job. They are slightly different to a normal spanner...

Craig

stevie_b
24-09-2008, 23:15
I have a set of brand new goodridge bradied hoses that have been made up the correct length for a williams.

PM me if your intrested

Just to add that he is a great seller. Really helped me out on my bespoke brake line setup :lol: Thanks again Adi. Will let you all know once finally setup through the adjustable bias valve.

bendee
25-09-2008, 07:37
i got some willy lines with the widetrack so im good for lines. Can anyone tell me how to bleed the system? I might actually get rid of the abs now as i have the hubs and shafts that dont have it so how hard is it to remove the rest? Also can i reuse the fluid or do i need new stuff? What fluid do i need if it does need bleeding?

stevie_b
25-09-2008, 09:43
Under no circumstances reuse the fluid! You just need a good DOT4 or DOT5.1 fluid to replace it with. Castrol SRF is about the best stuff to use, if you are likely to need that kind of performance.

I've not removed the ABS system on a Clio but did so on my old Peugeot race car. It was quite simple - just swapped the master cylinder and made my own brake lines to each caliper.

As for bleeding you need a pipe to put on the nipple and a jam jar or similar to catch the fluid in and keep the end of the pipe submerged. Whilst someone steps on the brake you crack open the bleed nipple and shut it off again before telling them to release the brake. Repeat until no more bubbles are coming out in the fluid in the pipe and then move on to the next wheel.

white16valver
26-09-2008, 17:07
As for bleeding you need a pipe to put on the nipple and a jam jar or similar to catch the fluid in and keep the end of the pipe submerged. Whilst someone steps on the brake you crack open the bleed nipple and shut it off again before telling them to release the brake. Repeat until no more bubbles are coming out in the fluid in the pipe and then move on to the next wheel.
This is just what I need to know, cheers mate :D 8)

bendee
26-09-2008, 17:19
yeah cheers geez ill get it sorted tomorrow and fit it all tomorrow.