PDA

View Full Version : horn does not work but still have power going through

andreas395
24-09-2008, 11:03
horn does not work but still have power going through the wire got an other second hand one and still the same problem they maybe both faulty . i relised there is only one wire as my other car has 2 how does it earth, does it earth when attached t o the car :?

16v_paddy
24-09-2008, 11:14
I aint got a clue how it earths or how the wiring is supposed to go :oops: but try giving it a bit of a clean, they stop working when they're full of shit & dirt

it's how I fixed mine 8)

cliokiz
24-09-2008, 11:47
The horn earths through the metal bracket so take this off and clean it up along with where it bolts to the chassis to ensure you have a good earth.

If you've got 12v coming through the single wire that connects to it and the horn is not working then you have a broken horn.

They tend not to like getting water inside them so if you're missing your arch splash guard thats probably why it's broken.

I've got a spare horn that works if you need one.

andreas395
24-09-2008, 12:23
The horn earths through the metal bracket so take this off and clean it up along with where it bolts to the chassis to ensure you have a good earth.

If you've got 12v coming through the single wire that connects to it and the horn is not working then you have a broken horn.

They tend not to like getting water inside them so if you're missing your arch splash guard thats probably why it's broken.

I've got a spare horn that works if you need one.

ok thanks will try that if it does not work i will contact you for the horn what do you want for it mate 8)

cliokiz
24-09-2008, 17:19
All sorted :wink:

andreas395
24-09-2008, 17:21
All sorted :wink:
thanks mate as good as new :D