PDA

View Full Version : Snetterton 22-09-08

2 live
23-09-2008, 21:23
well a couple short.ish clips from the day there.

i only managed about 10 laps of driver in this car but heres my attempt at snetterton with Jons kindly loaned car ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ji9B8gXPV8

northy
23-09-2008, 21:46
that carnt be you mate - didnt hear the limiter :wink:

2 live
23-09-2008, 22:03
lol...im not sure ud know wot a limiter sounds like would u??

;)

was taking it steady tbh mate, have only ever driven the car about 800 metres b4 the track day, and never done that track

and it was quite off putting with the speed most things came up behind u. lol some rapid rapid cars there

2 live
23-09-2008, 23:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiE5pJLd2-M

heres another little clip.

eternalife
24-09-2008, 05:30
Looked like good fun - second clip seems like the few laps under the belt helped despite the 'No Brakes' :lol: incident.
R34's and what I am guessing were some M-Powered 3 series on track 8) Clearly track favoured them - although some more power in Jon's car and who knows :wink:

Way too much rubbish in the boot also - that should have been emptied well ahead of time :D
If circumstances were different I would have definitely have come to this.

The abusive/aggressive style of driving some akin you (2live) too seems to be unfounded. I thought you took it way too easy on that gearbox :lol: guess it was needed for journey home

Did either of you make it out ontrack with an instructor? Them guys really make you push your car - Good fun for you - pure abuse for car :evil:

J o n
24-09-2008, 11:40
There were some insanely fast cars there, it was almost as bad as the last time I went to Silverstone where the slowest cars still probably had over 300bhp/ton AT LEAST! lol

There were loads of CSL's, tuner M3's, tuner Skylines, Evo's, Scoobyclinic Subaru and then the usual Exige (charged K20A) and Caterham type of track cars. Out of the Clio's that went there was nothing that could touch it but for Andy's. Never had much trouble against a Mk2 Cup race car with sadev etc either, on corners or straights which was a bit of a shock, CTR's were passed with absolute ease on cornering and straights as were the standard Scooby's and Evo's. We held our own and were deffo punching WELL above our weight, but obviously a lot of the cars there were simply in another class... I reckon on a Clio day most things wouldn't see which way it went with 2 live, Richard, Danny or Andy driving it.

As for the stuff in the boot... erm yeah, kinda added a bit of comedy to the whole day, had coats and other crap on the back seats, empty drinks bottles and food on the floor in the back... was a full interior job with all day to day shite still installed :lol:

2 live never had an instructor in, I did though, had Andy take me out and show me the lines and felt more confident for it deffo. Makes a massive difference, especially when you're clueless like me! lol

2 live
24-09-2008, 16:45
Looked like good fun - second clip seems like the few laps under the belt helped despite the 'No Brakes' :lol: incident.
R34's and what I am guessing were some M-Powered 3 series on track 8) Clearly track favoured them - although some more power in Jon's car and who knows :wink:

Way too much rubbish in the boot also - that should have been emptied well ahead of time :D
If circumstances were different I would have definitely have come to this.

The abusive/aggressive style of driving some akin you (2live) too seems to be unfounded. I thought you took it way too easy on that gearbox :lol: guess it was needed for journey home

Did either of you make it out ontrack with an instructor? Them guys really make you push your car - Good fun for you - pure abuse for car :evil:

lol.i had been warned to take it fairly steady, hence the short shifting, and slooooooooooow changes.

i wasnt that kind to the brakes tho...... :wink:

tbh, most things there were in a different league. the noble was an absolute beast, 3rd gear tickover thru chicane b4 start/finish straight. 160+ coming up to the 1st corner.....and that was taking it easy lol. shockingly fast car.

didnt have an instructor in with me no..last 2 iv had have got out very white for some reason. 1 even refusing to drive me round cos i was quicker.which i found hard to believe.

jons car could be a lot faster there tho without a doubt, as u say emptying al the shit out the boot, must be at least 10 kilos of the stuff, old brake discs , footy boots/ball etc. a decent susp set up, and some brakes would b good.

i found the track quite hard to judge tbh, lot of the corners i was braking far too early for, just couldnt judge the speeds i could go round , but dont think i embarrassed meself much lol. was starting to get into 'the bombhole' a bit b4 the brakes gave up the ghost, i reckon it cud b done flat out, but i was having a little comfort lift, which is my way of taking it steady hehe. ;)

J o n
24-09-2008, 16:57
Well a week Friday Andy or one of the lads will be setting up the negative camber and I'll run it on track not road settings hehe. Reckon just from suspension setup alone it would be a few seconds a lap quicker at least. All in all very pleased with the way it performed... cant see any of these Mk1's troubling it tbh... even the race cars ;) lol

2 live
24-09-2008, 17:05
wait til i get the willy sorted lol. well see then

2.11s ish round oulton on pe2s and detuned. shud b knockin at least 10 secs off wen finished, if i ever get it done

J o n
24-09-2008, 17:13
1:50ish then I'll have to aim for... might need you or Andy to drive it to get that time like, but meh! Will obviously have all the interior and a boot full of crap too... LOL

Need to have a do with Northy's race car and the Nana next, will find out when those mincers are next on track ;)

J o n
24-09-2008, 17:14
Oh, sort that sharing folder out too lad, it's got too much in to syncronise, remove some of the other vids so I can grab mine! lol

2 live
24-09-2008, 23:10
well download the fukkin rest of em

northy
25-09-2008, 12:43
haha shame 2live crashed at oulton last time we were out, i had just caught up with him! missed a good do there.

Next trackday for the Mk1 boys is The renault sport day at oulton 2009.

J o n
25-09-2008, 13:27
oh do I have to download them first? I have them all anyway from all the times I've backed your stuff up and re-installed Windows (only for you to break it 5 minutes later again lol).

Northy, I'll deffo be doing the Oulton RS day, Andy's going to pop alone with KT53. 9 lives, you up for this one as well?

2 live
25-09-2008, 16:25
haha shame 2live crashed at oulton last time we were out, i had just caught up with him! missed a good do there.

lol...as u knew mate i was having trouble with teh rear brakes locking up, and the pe2s were completely knackered, unlike ur slicks. ;)

shame u couldnt have got on track wen i was out, opting to stay in the pits and carry on the polishing ;)

2 live
25-09-2008, 16:26
oh do I have to download them first? I have them all anyway from all the times I've backed your stuff up and re-installed Windows (only for you to break it 5 minutes later again lol).

Northy, I'll deffo be doing the Oulton RS day, Andy's going to pop alone with KT53. 9 lives, you up for this one as well?

yes mate im up for that....mite have to try a set of semi slicks to really show these cup boys how it s done. ;)

J o n
25-09-2008, 17:42
it still wont touch a mk2 ;) lol

northy
25-09-2008, 18:01

shame u couldnt have got on track wen i was out, opting to stay in the pits and carry on the polishing ;)

haha u know thats not true - i took u out of a good 20mins passengering in the afternoon lol....remember :wink:

2 live
25-09-2008, 18:44
lol.me remember??

u avin a laugh lmao

yes mate i do.lol