PDA

View Full Version : Williams head

lukebartlett2405
23-09-2008, 16:58
Was originaly a 18 head but has had williams valves put in comes with inlet manifold matched to fit dosnt include cams injector rail. I will try to answer any questions dont know too much about it bought it off laine so he may be more help.

100 quid ono needs to be gone quick

lukebartlett2405
24-09-2008, 15:54
Ok first of all just to clarify the auction title describes a Clio Williams cylinder head, it’s not. It is a modified Renault 19 16v cylinder head upgraded to a Williams spec head.

This Cylinder head came on part of an engine i purchased and used for about 3 months. Its a bit of an uknown but i will share everything i know about it.

The cylinder head was part of a high performance forged engine that was built for a rally/race or hill climb car. The head has “Hill head” written on the side, whether that means its for use on “Hill Climb” cars, or whether its tuned by Hill Power i am unsure.

The cylinder head has full headwork done on it with extensive reworking on the inlet and polishing of the exhaust ports (although coked up in picture). The inlet work is so extensive the chamber dips that have been cuts away extend back into the inlet manifold which means the inlet manifold and head are paired with eachother. I cannot take the inlet manifold off as it has a custom gasket on it that would have to be made bespoke if it was to be replaced, if there is no interest in this head i will take the inlet of and re list but will not be able to get another gasket. The inlet was taken off once for inspection parts of the gasket flaked and had to be carefully repaired hence i dont want to do it again

Although the inlet headwork cannot be viewed, it was witnessed by the engineering company www.ap-developments.com who speciliase in these cylinder heads, so Craig @ APD can vouch for the headwork.

The head is from a Renault 19 16v this can be known by the fact the CTS screw hole is on the head and not on the thermostat, but this has been blanked off by a bolt so there is no issue.

The inlet valves on a Williams are 32mm in diameter compared to a 1.8 16v head having 30mm inlet valves fitted. This has had the larger Williams valves fitted therefore bring it up to Williams spec.

The head includes the cam cover e.t.c the gasket is missing, and there a few random nuts and bolts missing from it, what you see in the picture is what you get, i am very happy to answer any questions,

Original advert