PDA

View Full Version : hybrid conversion problem

Asho
20-09-2008, 17:42
right got the engine in all wired up plumb up etc

got to start it...................... nothing..... just turns over.

so take the plugs out one by one, check for sparks, all 4 have sparks

try again nothing............. just turning.

next we look at the fuel lines (which iirc are the ones going into the fuel rail the 2 pipes) ........ no fuel going in

so we then changed all the relays over under the bonnet, still nothing, no fuel i mean! the fuel pump is pumping too......... and yes there is petrol :lol:

so where do i go from here i'm literally pricing up parts as we speak!!! i can not be bothered with stress at the moment of a car not working!!

so if anyone has any ideas on how i can get my car to fire then please drop a line here

donsrno1
20-09-2008, 19:07
Are you sure there is enough petrol in there?

I had this problem once before where the aux fuel pump died and although I had over a gallon of petrol in there it still wouldn't start because none of the fuel was getting to the main tank to be pumped to the engine.

MAXIBOY
20-09-2008, 19:20
what loam did you use....

Asho
21-09-2008, 11:40
used the loom that was already in the car.......

the engine came out of a ph2 (M reg) and went into a ph2 (N reg)

the fuel pump is pumping when i crank the engine.........

but thats all the engine does, crank - doesn't even look to fire or anything.

fuel lines arn't blocked as we can suck fuel through them - so whats the problem now?

the fuel pump i'm worried about, when i turn the key it's quite loud, when i crank the engine you can hardly hear it? then stop cranking and it ghets loud again..........

MAXIBOY
21-09-2008, 13:13
well if you haven't changed the loams and theres no fuel

either the pump is broken or theres an electrical fault.

if you can here the pump running though and theres no fuel in the lines you must have a pump fault..

jay s
21-09-2008, 13:36
try a ph1 ecu?

lewis_willy2
21-09-2008, 13:38
i had to put 2 jerry cans of fuel in to get the williams fired up, one can wouldnt get it started!!!!

Asho
21-09-2008, 22:05
:lol: :lol: i'm such a dumb ass - i had the fuel lines the wrong way round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to everyones replys