PDA

View Full Version : Help with clocks if possible

McPikie
17-09-2008, 13:25
As you know guys, I have an RSi, so the clock set up us different. I think mine is an early N plate as it does not have the extended top dash and oil guages.

I want to retro fit these, and winston tells me that this is my oil level

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/McPikie/clocks.jpg

However, it is supposed to double up as either oil temp, or oil pressure........... which is doesnt, as when the negine starts it drops to bottom and never moves.

So, can anyone tell me how I go about fitting the 3 dials, what I need to move from my clocks to the dials, and will my external temp guage work with valver clocks fitted??

Cheers guys

FATBOY
17-09-2008, 22:02
yeah thats just ya oil level. if it drops just after ignition???? not sure how you would go about rigging up the other clocks tho??? im sure this has been touched on before tho???? do a search and see what you can find??

Justin..
17-09-2008, 22:50
iirc its only a pressure dial on the 19 mate not the clio

you can just plug in the valver dials but they wont work except oil level as the engine doesnt have the right loom or sensors req'd.

ph3 RSi's had the extended dash with dials.

McPikie
18-09-2008, 08:12
ph3 RSi's had the extended dash with dials.

so did they work on that?

I dont mine throwing a sensor or two on

Yanoo_
18-09-2008, 08:50
It's an oil level AND oil pressure dial in my friend's R19 16V.

My first car was a Mk1 Clio 1.4 RT, it had the same dash, but this dial showed only the oil level.

u33db
18-09-2008, 09:51
On my L plate Clio RSI (with no aux dials) that dial is oil level and yes it drops to zero once the ignition goes on

As for fitting the 16v clocks i looked into it on mine...the engine physically has the hole to plumb in the pressure sender (its in the same place as the 16vs - i.e. back of the block) but the problem is wiring...i.e. the loom won't have the cabling for that particular sender.

You could fit a phase 3 engine loom whcih should cure that but then you might run into difficulties with the cabin loom - i.e. it may not have the plug for the aux dials. I never got round to checking that though as when i saw half my dash rusting away to put it back togther before anything fell off!

It would be nice to have the aux dials right enough but probably not worth the effort IMO.