PDA

View Full Version : Hey up everyone

Magnumpi
16-09-2008, 00:30
Hi all, joined here coz you seem like a good bunch, with a nicely laid out site.

Mainly because i've got a slow ass Volvo 340 1.4 requiring 16v power (awaits the backlash!!) , so i may be picking some peoples brains over the coming weeks/months!

Quick Q, if i get no replys here i'll put it in another section, but i think i'll be going for a Willys lump if i can get one, but what is the difference between this engine and the Megane 2l?

Yes i'm a newbie, so have no idea, is one more tuneable than the other, same sort of power outputs as standard?

Cheers guys, and girls?

Coops
16-09-2008, 00:37
hi mate

same basic lump, same power output etc megane has 1mm bigger inlet valves iirc aslwell but runs more complex management so people tend not to use it in clio or stick a willy/vakver head on the megane b/e to run clio dizzy management. not sure which would be easier into volvo tbh, if u need whole loom anyway then meggie may be better bet as its generally newer/less mileage, lumps are lighter than clio f7r i think and better tuning potential from the head due to valves as mentioned before

white16valver
16-09-2008, 21:05
hahaaa 340 RWD + 2.0 power = fun ;) :twisted:

Welcome aboard!

Magnumpi
16-09-2008, 21:23
Thanks for the welcome guys and the info :D

Now i just need to find me someone selling a Willys engine in the SE ?