PDA

View Full Version : Car Covers

Jamie.
13-09-2008, 17:50
What should I be looking for and how much should I be spending.

With a second car looking quite likley in the coming weeks the Williams is going to be stored but unfortunatley I don't have a garage so it will sit on the drive for 6 days a week.

busterhymes
13-09-2008, 18:03
just been looking myself funnily enough had a halfords one and ok but noticed some rubbing of the paintwork so dont recommend the halfords ones so guess first something that is non abrasive after that it needs to protect against UV be waterproof and breatheable plenty around if you just google car covers as for cost thats determined by your budget you might want to have a look at this site

http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/

speed
13-09-2008, 18:44
i got a tyvek (sp) from halfrauds, it was 70 quid tho

Jamie.
13-09-2008, 18:49
Yeh thats not cheap, but neither is fixing rust I suppose.

I am waiting for Tommo as I know he uses a car cover on his and has done for years and wondering which one he plumped for.

MattyH16valver
13-09-2008, 19:53
Check this out
http://www.car-cover-uk.com/tailored%20size%20specific%20car%20covers.htm#Saha ra

rob-legend
14-09-2008, 22:44
group buy? :wink:

Wobba
14-09-2008, 23:47
Problem for me is I need to show my tax disc, parking permit and reg I guess to be legal on a street...plus it would mean knob ends would always be trying to took under it...

Tommo
15-09-2008, 09:41
Yeh thats not cheap, but neither is fixing rust I suppose.

I am waiting for Tommo as I know he uses a car cover on his and has done for years and wondering which one he plumped for.

I used the Halfords Tyvek one for about 3 years, it was good but could leave a few marks on the paint work where it would rub. Unfortunately it blew off and ripped in high wind last year so I bought a Hamilton Classic Moltex cover from Tweeks and it's been good so far, it's a better quality material than the Halfords one and it has proper tie straps so they won't break in high wind and it doesn't leave any marks, it wasn't cheap tho, I think it was about £100 mate....

northy
15-09-2008, 10:47
I have two of these covers http://www.classicadditions.com/index.php?cPath=47_48&osCsid=2b56728889b356755acc790b4a23c066

Carole Anne
05-03-2009, 10:58
Which did you go for in the end Jamie?

Carole Anne

fasterthanjesus
05-03-2009, 11:21
(this may be of use)

Thank you for your email enquiry. We are pleased to recommend the following Cover-Zone products for your requirement. Cover-Zone manufacture high quality fitted covers for a wide range of vehicles and in several different materials. We can offer you special internet purchase prices & delivery directly to your door by 24/48 hour carrier!

As requested we now quote for the Monsoon and Voyager Outdoor covers together with the new Stormforce 4 layer waterproof & breathable cover for your Renault Clio Williams and advise the full specifications are as follows:

Stormforce: These are our premium quality 4 layer covers that can be used for outdoor use in any climates & weather or in the garage as a soft lined dust cover!

The outer layers are very strong & offer some cushioning against knocks & scrapes. The third layer is a special membrane that is breathable but prevents water from penetrating the cover and the cover is soft lined for maximum care of paint and body fittings. Exclusive UK designs for your particular model ensure that the cover fits snugly and elasticated hems and a unique detachable strap system is included for ease of fitment.

Welded seams are used wherever possible to maintain a watertight finish & double stitched seams are used for strength & long life. Stormforce covers have been designed for cars that remain outdoors year round and will provide maximum protection against rain, ice, snow, frost, tree sap, birds, pets, dirt, dust, hot sunshine, scuffs & scratches. The fabric is also 100% UV resistant. They are suitable for continual use in all weather conditions. In summer they keep interiors cool and protect against top & interior fade and degeneration.

Special Internet Price: £109.50 Incl Vat

Monsoon: These are sturdy covers that have been specially designed for outdoor, winter protection. The outer layer is robust yet pliable PVC and the cover is soft lined for maximum care of paint and body fittings. Monsoon covers fit snugly with elasticated hems and a unique detachable strap system for ease of fitment. Roof vents allow dispersal of any condensation or build up of damp.

These robust covers have been designed for cars that remain outdoors through winter & rainy seasons and will provide full protection against rain, snow, frost, tree sap, birds, dirt, dust, scuffs & scratches. Double stitching and heat sealed seams ensure long life & that the weather remains on the outside of the cover!

'Monsoon' covers offer maximum protection, yet at a sensible price. They are suitable for continual use in all winter weather conditions including very low temperatures where the fabric still remains pliable.

Special Internet Price £89.50 Incl Vat

Voyager: A very strong yet lightweight breathable covers for both ‘in garage’ and outdoor use. Fabric breathability ensures that damp or condensation can evaporate away from the covered car whilst water resistance is maintained by a special bonded coating that ensures that 95% of rain is shed from the fabric surface.

Voyager covers feature double stitching for strength, elasticated hems and a unique detachable strap system is included for ease of fitment with anti scratch fittings. They are manufactured from a latest generation 210G silver fabric that reflects UV & sunshine. The construction & durability of Voyager covers makes them a favourite in both hot climates & very cold conditions. The fabric is non abrasive and compresses down to a compact size that is ideal for tucking in the back when not in use. Special Internet Price: £52.50 incl vat

Your Renault Clio Williams cover includes fitted door mirror pockets, a special detachable underbody strap system and a strong zipped storage bag all included in the price!

We can despatch your new cover directly from stock by 48 hour carrier & UK carriage is just £8.95 for the Stormforce/Monsoon or £6.95 for the Voyager.

We can also supply a cable/lock security kit for an additional £8.95. This is a non-scratch plastic coated cable & padlock set that fits under the car through 2 eyelets in the side hem of the cover effectively securing the cover to the car.

We accept Visa, Mastercard & Switch cards or UK personal cheques.

We accept Paypal payments to carcoveruk@yahoo.co.uk Please let us know if you require a Paypal request.

If you wish to place an order you can do so by phoning us on 01903 731333 weekday daytimes or via the secure internet link: https://www1.securesiteserver.co.uk/carcovers/form/order.php

We hope to hear from you again soon.

Best regards

John Hamilton

Car Cover UK

eternalife
05-03-2009, 12:44
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28060&highlight=covercraft

Carole Anne
05-03-2009, 13:46
Ta for that

not very good at searching :oops:

Carole Anne

white16valver
05-03-2009, 18:42
Problem for me is I need to show my tax disc, parking permit and reg I guess to be legal on a street...plus it would mean knob ends would always be trying to took under it...
Would you?

I mean, if they can't see it, I don't think traffic wardens are legally allowed to move anything blocking your plate, hence mopeds park in london with plastic bags over their plates and tax discs (apparently lol)

rob-legend
05-03-2009, 19:38
(this may be of use)

Thank you for your email enquiry. We are pleased to recommend the following Cover-Zone products for your requirement. Cover-Zone manufacture high quality fitted covers for a wide range of vehicles and in several different materials. We can offer you special internet purchase prices & delivery directly to your door by 24/48 hour carrier!

As requested we now quote for the Monsoon and Voyager Outdoor covers together with the new Stormforce 4 layer waterproof & breathable cover for your Renault Williams clio and advise the full specifications are as follows:

anyone fancy a group buy?

Stormforce: These are our premium quality 4 layer covers that can be used for outdoor use in any climates & weather or in the garage as a soft lined dust cover!

The outer layers are very strong & offer some cushioning against knocks & scrapes. The third layer is a special membrane that is breathable but prevents water from penetrating the cover and the cover is soft lined for maximum care of paint and body fittings. Exclusive UK designs for your particular model ensure that the cover fits snugly and elasticated hems and a unique detachable strap system is included for ease of fitment.

Welded seams are used wherever possible to maintain a watertight finish & double stitched seams are used for strength & long life. Stormforce covers have been designed for cars that remain outdoors year round and will provide maximum protection against rain, ice, snow, frost, tree sap, birds, pets, dirt, dust, hot sunshine, scuffs & scratches. The fabric is also 100% UV resistant. They are suitable for continual use in all weather conditions. In summer they keep interiors cool and protect against top & interior fade and degeneration.

Special Internet Price: £109.50 Incl Vat

Monsoon: These are sturdy covers that have been specially designed for outdoor, winter protection. The outer layer is robust yet pliable PVC and the cover is soft lined for maximum care of paint and body fittings. Monsoon covers fit snugly with elasticated hems and a unique detachable strap system for ease of fitment. Roof vents allow dispersal of any condensation or build up of damp.

These robust covers have been designed for cars that remain outdoors through winter & rainy seasons and will provide full protection against rain, snow, frost, tree sap, birds, dirt, dust, scuffs & scratches. Double stitching and heat sealed seams ensure long life & that the weather remains on the outside of the cover!

'Monsoon' covers offer maximum protection, yet at a sensible price. They are suitable for continual use in all winter weather conditions including very low temperatures where the fabric still remains pliable.

Special Internet Price £89.50 Incl Vat

Voyager: A very strong yet lightweight breathable covers for both ‘in garage’ and outdoor use. Fabric breathability ensures that damp or condensation can evaporate away from the covered car whilst water resistance is maintained by a special bonded coating that ensures that 95% of rain is shed from the fabric surface.

Voyager covers feature double stitching for strength, elasticated hems and a unique detachable strap system is included for ease of fitment with anti scratch fittings. They are manufactured from a latest generation 210G silver fabric that reflects UV & sunshine. The construction & durability of Voyager covers makes them a favourite in both hot climates & very cold conditions. The fabric is non abrasive and compresses down to a compact size that is ideal for tucking in the back when not in use. Special Internet Price: £52.50 incl vat

Your Renault Williams clio cover includes fitted door mirror pockets, a special detachable underbody strap system and a strong zipped storage bag all included in the price!

We can despatch your new cover directly from stock by 48 hour carrier & UK carriage is just £8.95 for the Stormforce/Monsoon or £6.95 for the Voyager.

We can also supply a cable/lock security kit for an additional £8.95. This is a non-scratch plastic coated cable & padlock set that fits under the car through 2 eyelets in the side hem of the cover effectively securing the cover to the car.

We accept Visa, Mastercard & Switch cards or UK personal cheques.

We accept Paypal payments to carcoveruk@yahoo.co.uk Please let us know if you require a Paypal request.

If you wish to place an order you can do so by phoning us on 01903 731333 weekday daytimes or via the secure internet link: https://www1.securesiteserver.co.uk/carcovers/form/order.php

We hope to hear from you again soon.

Best regards

John Hamilton

Car Cover UK :wink: