PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so Williams is staying but I want a few parts.....

Jamie.
07-09-2008, 17:45
Ok I'm going to keep the Williams as any rival car just doesn't have the magic. I recently tried some 172's and 182's and they felt very bland and nonescelent.

So now that its staying I plan to buy a 2nd car to use as a run around and do some work to mine but in the short run I have a few changes I want to make immediatley.

They include a new exhaust and manifold. So KTEC do a S/S manifold but I am aware I need that flexi joint or something to stop crackage? Are there any other alternatives? The 2nd part of that is the exhaust. I want it to be fairly quiet only picks up high in the rev's.... Where to go for a reasonably priced good option?

Want some new suspension parts, thinking of either some decent coilovers or refresh all standard elements. Included in the standard elements are bushes and other worn elements front and back mainly to make it handle as it did when new. Anyone just replaced all the std stuff instead of coilies, interested to know how good it just feels all new rather than non-std set up.

Daz.
07-09-2008, 18:15
Standard exhaust is really nice and quiet low down but does roar well when giving it some.

I'd stick with stock parts and replace as much as the suspension and related components as you can - I dare say it would give a greater feeling than sticking on just a set of coilovers..

as for manifold I want hear this too :wink:

richy
07-09-2008, 18:31
suspension wise if its for road only i would just renew all the std bits, i did that on my old willy3 and it felt fantastic, just on track i didnt like it which is why i went to coilovers etc

as for exhaust manifold cracking i think thats more down to fitment, ive had mine yonks without any issues and mine gets thrashed everytime i take it out!

as for exhaust noise there isnt any aftermarket which are really quiet tbh, the scorpion is about as close as you will get tbh

Jamie.
07-09-2008, 18:47
Yeh its really intended to be a weekend car. I may track it a couple of times a year but I am not sure it will end up as a designated "track car".

I do enjoy a good thrash in it so I suppose making it too watered down maybe a small error as I will have a now 2nd car for day to day driving.

What exhausts will people recomend then discluding my above comments.