PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP!

williams3
06-09-2008, 19:39
Last weekend i had a slight accident involving a tree. As i was going round a corner, hit a puddle, and spun and hit a tree. The smash wasn't that bad, and i thought it was alright because i had fully comp., so the insurance would fix the car. Got the car back to my house and rang the insurance company to get the process going.

When i finally got through to someone to start the claim, they told me i only had TPF&T. I said when i brought the clio i upgraded the insurance to Fully Comp, so they looked into it. When they got back to me 4 days later they said my insurance had only been put to Fully Comp for a month and not made a perminant change. I agrued that that wasn't right but all they said was that i should have checked.

Hate to say it but they were right!

Started to strip the front of the car off today to see the full extent off the damage. At first glance it just looked like it had smashed the bumper, bonnet, grill, and the radiator. Thinking this wasn't to bad, started to strip more off the car i found more damage. Most of the front of the car has been bent out of shape to the point where it would be very expensive and possibly dangerous to try and put it right.

I'm now faced with the dilemma, i want to re shell the car as the engine, gearbox, etc..... have only covered 77,000 miles and all works really well.

But would it be better to cut my losses and break the car for parts?

If its better to reshell the car does any one know of a Rolling Shell for sale?

Please Help!

Cheers Tim

BRUN
06-09-2008, 20:50
i didnt think that was even possible !....ive never heard of it before (fully comp for 1 month)

Wobba
06-09-2008, 23:15
i didnt think that was even possible !....ive never heard of it before (fully comp for 1 month)

It's possible.

At the end of the day, although it is good practice (due to FSA guidelines) to inform and update a policyholder it is essentially at the end of the day the policyholders responsibility to thoroughly check the policy wording.

As for the damage, is it the subframe thats buggered or the actual front of the shell? An insurance company would probably right it off if it's chassis damage (or even subframe for that matter).

williams3
07-09-2008, 09:59
Its the chssis thats bent, could probably be fixed buut would require alot of cutting and welding to get the chassis almost sttrraight again. I think the subframe is sttill alright butt can't really tell till i get it off the car.

Think the insurrance company would definitely right the car off, but i don't have the isurance cover to get a replacement. :(

white16valver
08-09-2008, 13:32
How does only a month of FC work?

That's a dumb policy to offer a customer, surely? :?

Sorry to hear it's a bit fooked - if you've bent the underneath then getting it fixed will probably be more expensive that getting a shell and reshelling :(