PDA

View Full Version : May have to sell the willy :(

MatrixGuy
06-09-2008, 16:54
My car is due to have a new cambelt, clutch and various other vital work to be done on it.

Now, my gf was going to help me pay for it but now she can't, so basically am fuvked and the bill is going to be in excess of £500, which i cant afford!!

I have pretty much maxed out my credit cards and i dont really know what to do.

Selling this car would be a major blow.

Having been through a few difficult years with my life buying this car really made me feel happy again, sounds sad, but its strange what little things can do.

It also got me into car detailing which i now do in my spare time, but without the car i would quickly lose interest.

Sorry for the rant.

stan
06-09-2008, 17:05
Sell some things...£500 is alot when u havnt got it, but its not out of grasp if you sell a few spares or unwanted possesions...

Bayliss
06-09-2008, 17:21
where u from mate??

i don't mind lending hand provided you ain't miles away for a small fee

MatrixGuy
06-09-2008, 17:25
Am from Lancaster mate.

I guess i will have to find things to sell.

Bayliss
06-09-2008, 17:35
well if u get really stuck mate i can do cambelt for ya, i know i'm nigh on 100 mile away but its an option for ya

cliorod
06-09-2008, 17:39
Matrix
pm me a list of parts you require ,I know where I can get original equpiment Renault parts at the right price, :wink: :wink: I could meet you at the Crooklands junction of the M6,for a few quids worth of petrol I am near Burnley ~~ It will save you a few quid,I aint a mechanic,so other than bolting things on etc etc ,I would not be much use.
Rod.

MatrixGuy
06-09-2008, 18:11
Wow, you guys are very kind and helpful, really means alot to me!

cliorod; i think my mechanic can get parts fairly cheap too but i am also unsure on the part codes.

bendee
06-09-2008, 18:44
theres always people willing to help id do the lot for nowt if i had the know how i think people realise what its like when its tight ect and dont mind helping others out, its good to be apart of a comunity like this for these reasons. good luck.

MatrixGuy
06-09-2008, 20:20
Well said bendee, definately is a great community here!

Tommo
07-09-2008, 00:16
Mate, do you need the car as an every day runner? If not my advice would be to take the car off the road for a few months, then buy a part each month using discounts available on here (most part codes are in the members section). Then when you have have all parts needed put a message out on here asking someone to do the work for a small fee (or a few beers!), I'm sure somebody would take you up on the offer (some people on here are very handy with the spanners!) Hopefully things will be a bit better for you by then and the willy will be back on the road... :)

Good luck anyway!

LEIGH-ANNE
29-09-2008, 19:52
Mate, do you need the car as an every day runner? If not my advice would be to take the car off the road for a few months, then buy a part each month using discounts available on here (most part codes are in the members section). Then when you have have all parts needed put a message out on here asking someone to do the work for a small fee (or a few beers!), I'm sure somebody would take you up on the offer (some people on here are very handy with the spanners!) Hopefully things will be a bit better for you by then and the willy will be back on the road... :)

Good luck anyway!

Good advice.....ur only feel worse off if u sell it! U WILL regret it! Be patient, they are big jobs to be done and u will just have to save up the monies. Just stick to selling is not an option :D

LEIGH-ANNE
29-09-2008, 19:54
Where bouts are u anyways....as some of u may no ill be getting my water pump and cam belt done soon for a very ****ing reasonable price....Once mine is done and all is ok, and thumbs up for the mech would it be worth u travelling to me to get the mech to do it as hes quite cheap..... Just a thought

Coops
29-09-2008, 19:55
i'd be willing to muck in mate for a few beers and a bed, get a few of us up your way on a weekender, bring and engine crane and we'll whip the lot out, do the cambelt, clutch, etc etc all in one go, easy over a bank holiday or something 8)

16v_paddy
29-09-2008, 20:08
Don't get rid for the sake of £500! :shock:

I know exactly how you feel, was the same for me when I bought mine. If need be, take it off road save up/buy bits at a time then get it done.

You'll be worse off getting rid anyway, you wont get how much you really want for it and you'll be back to square 1 with no car and all the effort you've put into yous will have disappeared plus the fact that the next car you get is still gonna need all the same time effort and money putting back into it again.

I'd offer to help but I dont wanna go near a valver/willy cambelt while in the car :lol:

I asked my mechanic about doin my cambelt after he'd just fixed my pas pump, he told me to f*ck off :lol:

Clio_GTT
29-09-2008, 21:09
i'd be willing to muck in mate for a few beers and a bed, get a few of us up your way on a weekender, bring and engine crane and we'll whip the lot out, do the cambelt, clutch, etc etc all in one go, easy over a bank holiday or something 8)

I'm in too

LEIGH-ANNE
29-09-2008, 21:12
Ill cum and make the tea.....

16v_paddy
29-09-2008, 21:21
DAMMIT WOMAN! :x that would be my job :D

Although I'm a dab hand at removin engines, albeit the really messy and difficult way :lol:

katbloke
30-09-2008, 07:54
dont do it matrix, scrounge enough vintage for both cars and the rest wont matter then

MatrixGuy
30-09-2008, 12:55
Cheers everyone.

I have been scraping some money together from car detailing. Still not got enough though.

I will keep you all updated. :)

Rich
30-09-2008, 14:00
i'll wander up that way too for another pair of hands if ya like pal (dont even own a renault anymore :lol: ) but sure as hell know how to take one apart and put back together! cambelt, clutch ect is easy done in a day! (two if we're gonna get drunk too)

Clio_GTT
30-09-2008, 14:07
i'll wander up that way too for another pair of hands if ya like pal (dont even own a renault anymore :lol: ) but sure as hell know how to take one apart and put back together! cambelt, clutch ect is easy done in a day! (two if we're gonna get drunk too)

WC Rebuild Weekend, i'll pick you up on the way through

Rich
30-09-2008, 15:01

good plan! matrix guy keep everyone updated mate as there are enough of us on here who can sort you out easily (and quickly)

Clio_GTT
30-09-2008, 15:06

good plan! matrix guy keep everyone updated mate as there are enough of us on here who can sort you out easily (and quickly)

That sounded dirty :shock:

Rich
30-09-2008, 15:11

well it seems like that may be why some people are going seen as leighanne is gonna be chief tea lady :lol:

Clio_GTT
30-09-2008, 15:31

well it seems like that may be why some people are going seen as leighanne is gonna be chief tea lady :lol:

LMFAO

Bayliss
30-09-2008, 16:14
don't let rich try and fix it, everything he touches breaks!!! :lol:

Rich
30-09-2008, 16:15

or everything you fix you leave half the bolts undone!!!!

Bayliss
30-09-2008, 16:21

or everything you fix you leave half the bolts undone!!!!

liar them bolts where on your side

LEIGH-ANNE
30-09-2008, 17:17
:whip:

Now now boys......enough with the fighting about whos the screwer upper! It was obviously a team effort therefore both to blame i expect! :wink:

And well......

at least its helping someone out..... :roll:

LEIGH-ANNE
30-09-2008, 17:30

It was only u and willy lover that have said they are going after i offered :wink:

Clio_GTT
30-09-2008, 17:47

It was only u and willy lover that have said they are going after i offered :wink:

leighanne are you any good with the old spanners? You're not allowed to just stand around looking pretty, i expect you to muck in.

LEIGH-ANNE
30-09-2008, 17:49
Tut tut dont u read my previous threads......small hands work well in confined areas........bays*

Clio_GTT
30-09-2008, 18:02
Tut tut dont u read my previous threads......small hands work well in confined areas........bays*

You're the official lost bolt recoverer then 8)

LEIGH-ANNE
30-09-2008, 18:04
thats not a job.....u always get a few more bolts and screws left over when working on clios..... :roll:

Wobba
30-09-2008, 18:52
thats not a job.....u always get a few more bolts and screws left over when working on clios..... :roll:

This is true. I have a bucket full of bolts and I have no idea where they came from :roll:

Clio_GTT
30-09-2008, 19:05

This is true. I have a bucket full of bolts and I have no idea where they came from :roll:

That's called weight saving :lol:

MatrixGuy
30-09-2008, 22:07
what the hell is going on in my thread?! lol :lol:

LEIGH-ANNE
30-09-2008, 22:07
what the hell is going on in my thread?! lol :lol:

sorry its my fault :oops:

Coops
01-10-2008, 00:45
:roll: :wink: