24-06-2005, 16:16
Guess wot this is for:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/Le_smithier/thetool.jpg

Winston
24-06-2005, 16:17
Oil filter remover?

GazTwo
24-06-2005, 16:19
Might be...not a chance u'd get it in to remove any Reno oil filter..... :?

Slithers
24-06-2005, 16:20
Oil filter remover?

Bollocks, that was short lived.

WINSTON WINS!!!!

Slithers
24-06-2005, 16:21

Nope it does fit mate, squeezes inbetween alternator and rad temp sensor, quite easily.

GazTwo
24-06-2005, 16:26

Nope it does fit mate, squeezes inbetween alternator and rad temp sensor, quite easily.

Did well with that....lucky to get a friggin hand down never mind that thing...lol

Winston
24-06-2005, 16:30
Ave it :P

Swervin_Mervin
24-06-2005, 16:40
My hand is cheaper though. :D

Slithers
24-06-2005, 16:45

This has a lifetime guarentee tho :D

lagerlout1
24-06-2005, 16:48
Too easy!!

VIPERONE
24-06-2005, 17:31

This has a lifetime guarentee tho :D
not if you steal in arabia

Lunner
24-06-2005, 19:06
Looks far too posh, how much and where from?

Rajk
24-06-2005, 19:09
that filter remover is the biggest waste of time, all you need is to warm the car till it starts to register 40 degrees, bit of sandpaper which you line your hand which grips the filter and it will twist off no probs.

Slithers
25-06-2005, 12:56
that filter remover is the biggest waste of time, all you need is to warm the car till it starts to register 40 degrees, bit of sandpaper which you line your hand which grips the filter and it will twist off no probs.

Alright then, whilst your out warming your car up, then you return only to find you've run out of sandpaper so you nip out to b&q to get some more, get stuck in the sunday traffic on the way back. Then you drain the oil and stick your arm in remove the filter and burn and lacerate your arm on something sharp and hot, all whilst its begun to rain.

During that time ill have used my funky tool to have the filter off and put the new one on (all without harm to my arm), got the kettle on and be enjoying a brew and a biccy.

Slithers
25-06-2005, 12:58
Looks far too posh, how much and where from?

Halfords professional mate, i know someone who works there and i got it for 11 quid, the normal filter wrench was 6 quid.

And im a sucker for technology so it was an easy sale for him.

MatBrown
25-06-2005, 14:43

Alright then, whilst your out warming your car up, then you return only to find you've run out of sandpaper so you nip out to b&q to get some more, get stuck in the sunday traffic on the way back. Then you drain the oil and stick your arm in remove the filter and burn and lacerate your arm on something sharp and hot, all whilst its begun to rain.

During that time ill have used my funky tool to have the filter off and put the new one on (all without harm to my arm), got the kettle on and be enjoying a brew and a biccy.

Sandpaper schmandpaper!
I just used my hands when the engine was at 100 degrees.
Was too hot to go from underneath tho so i just went in between the rad and alternator.

Mat.

Slithers
27-06-2005, 19:34
Ill hold my hands up, i was wrong its a pile of shite that tool, taken it back and swapped it for a standard filter wrench and 5 litres of semi 10w 40.

Me and my bright ides :oops:

RajK you are without doubt more correct than me in this instance, feel free to call me a tit at any point during the rest of today.