PDA

View Full Version : +++ Williams needs makeover +++

nonamer
02-09-2008, 22:59
Hi everyone! Just joined the club with my recently purchased Williams 2. :D

But before I can enjoy her I need to sort her out properly.
I need the following done:

1. i have quite a lot of play in my steering. and i read a few threads here on the forum about this common problem but not sure which part exactly needs fixing on my car

2. my oil gauge in the dash does not work

3. exhaust is aftermarket i think cause it is quite loud, but maybe there's also a hole somewhere in it

4. battery needs replacing (i'll sort it out)

5. engine runs a bit unevenly so i'd like to have it checked on compression/leak/spark plugs etc etc

6 need general service (oil, oil filter, coolant, belts/pumps checked) and everything checked (suspention, brackes etc etc)

7. replace air box with induction kit

Anyone has an idea of the cost? And who can do all this (I'm in Berkshire) Much appreciate! Wink

Clio_GTT
02-09-2008, 23:10
Hi everyone! Just joined the club with my recently purchased Williams 2. :D

But before I can enjoy her I need to sort her out properly.
I need the following done:

1. i have quite a lot of play in my steering. and i read a few threads here on the forum about this common problem but not sure which part exactly needs fixing on my car

2. my oil gauge in the dash does not work

3. exhaust is aftermarket i think cause it is quite loud, but maybe there's also a hole somewhere in it

4. battery needs replacing (i'll sort it out)

5. engine runs a bit unevenly so i'd like to have it checked on compression/leak/spark plugs etc etc

6 need general service (oil, oil filter, coolant, belts/pumps checked) and everything checked (suspention, brackes etc etc)

7. replace air box with induction kit

Anyone has an idea of the cost? And who can do all this (I'm in Berkshire) Much appreciate! Wink

1. Most likely the UJ at the bottom of the rack, can be welded up for about £10, not a big problem.

2. Oil level guage only comes on for 10 seconds when you first turn the ignition on then drops to zero, that's normal.

3. Get the car in the air on some ramps and look for leaks, if you want a quieter exhaust get a std one put on

4. Go to halfords and get the 065 guarenteed for life jobby, good battery

5. + 6. Use one of the decent lads on here, Craig of APD, Hillpower etc, search the forums.

7. Don't bother with an aftermarket air filter, they rob you of power, instead have a look on motorsportworld and get yourself an ITG panel filter for the standard box and maybe sort a better feed.

Coops
03-09-2008, 12:04
define uneven running?

everything else the lover got u cover...ed :lol: :wink:

nonamer
03-09-2008, 12:12
a bit like when you're running out of petrol.. misfiring kind of... :?

stan
03-09-2008, 12:35
could be lambda sensor, TPS, Coolant temp.

could just need a service.

titcharoony
03-09-2008, 13:04
i agree, sounds like it just needs a good service, might need a new set of sprkies...does wonders dunnit?

talkingfish
03-09-2008, 13:30
an injector clean helped mine a lot when I first had it....