PDA

View Full Version : Track Day Spec

Greg_99
01-09-2008, 19:26
Looking to turn my Willy into a bit of cheap track day tool over the winter.

Going to look at the brakes, suspension. Is their any tricks of the trade or recomendations of what to get to gain maximum performance for minimal outlay.

I know this is a bit of a general post but im still a bit new to the Williams so my knowledge of what works and what doesnt isnt as strong as other cars.

MAXIBOY
01-09-2008, 19:32
remove everything not needed...

get good tyres..

2 live
01-09-2008, 19:39
fit 3lb of lead in the sole of ur right foot, dont bother much with the brake pedal. shud b ok. lol

northy
01-09-2008, 19:57
standard and fit a set of slicks - slicks alone transform the car !!!!!

MAXIBOY
01-09-2008, 20:00
i think slicks can be to much for standard suspension in lots of cases...

though A048's R888's are good..

need firmer suspension and bushes for slicks in my opinion.

richy
01-09-2008, 20:01
std suspension is to soft for slicks, asking for a rollover at that rate! needs to be firmer!

number1
01-09-2008, 20:14
A standard engined willy with a refreshed suspension setup oem Shocks, springs etc would be pretty handy on track, great car to learn in because they just loved to be pushed hard, get some decent matching tyres, dont bother with out and out grip, for a newbie track enthusiast it might be better to not have as much grip so the car lets you know when its about to let go but at a lower speed,

2 live
01-09-2008, 21:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-JzMDPAllM

std susp and brakes. altho the engine was slightly tweeked, the brakes on this car were very poor tho lol.

Greg_99
02-09-2008, 19:23
Thanks for all the replies, i believe the car just has lowering springs on it at the moment, the ride is quite firm but it has a little more body roll than i would like.

Going to replace all the discs, pads and brake fluid shortly which should improve the stopping.

Got some new tyres on there way as the ones i have seem to have passed their best, matched with an upper and lower strut brace should be enough over the next few months.