PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Battery

MattyH16valver
28-08-2008, 11:07
I bought a new Bosch Battery from EuroCarParts yesterday and it's a bit smaller than my currect one and is rated at 45ah. My currect one is 65ah. is this small battery gonna have enough cranking power for a williams?
Cheers
Matt

Allan
28-08-2008, 11:11
A battery is a battery, they all produce the same power, the size just determines how much power it holds.

Easy way to explane is:
If you need 12v to run somthing and you us a 12 volt battery it will run, but if you use a smaller battery it just means it will run out of charge quicker

MattyH16valver
28-08-2008, 11:34
Ok mate...cheers, that makes sense. Think i'll take it back and go for a higher AH anyway.

Yanoo_
28-08-2008, 12:51
A smaller battery has a smaller cranking amp, so it can not rotate the engine with so high torque as a bigger battery. Many times it's enough to start the engine but the smaller battery becomes weaker compared to a bigger one after starting. It causes that the alternator must charge with more "power" the weaker one -> the charger circuit /alternator must work harder until the battery reaches its starting condition (if can). There are 2 ways if your charger circuit isn't fine / harder charger work may cause: 1, charger voltage less then the desired (about 14-14,4 V) -> your battery cannot reach its original condition, it begins to sulphate (goes wrong) 2, charger voltage higher than 14,4 -> it begins to separate the water, it causes higher acid density -> your battery will die soon. It's suggested to use such battery which has higher Ah (5-15 unit) than the genuine.
Williams's genuine battery is 55 Ah. So if you buy new, it should be about 65 Ah.

northy
28-08-2008, 12:55
Is the battery a 063 or 065 mate ?

The 65 will fit if u remove the spacer in the battery tray but you will be upsetting daz 'im the standard' lol

MattyH16valver
28-08-2008, 13:40
Is the battery a 063 or 065 mate ?

The 65 will fit if u remove the spacer in the battery tray but you will be upsetting daz 'im the standard' lol

Looks like its a 063 mate....none of the batteries that ECP do are over 45AH....looks like i'll be taking it back then.