PDA

View Full Version : Best way of selling a for breaking?

El_Douglito
27-08-2008, 09:51
I have a 1996 Clio Williams 3, which I aquired with the intention of breaking for spares towards the hybrid and to sell on. A lack of garage space and time has, however restricted these plans meaning I now need it shifted ASAP.

It has sufficient damage to confine it to being irreparable, but does have a strong F7r engine in with 116k on it and a freshly fitted JC5 gearbox, which had no crunches between the gears. It also has the complete Williams manifold, exhaust system and stainless exhaust. The interior is in mint condition and has been unmolested in any way.

The question I have is will I get more if I try and sell it whole to someone with the intention of breaking it?

Or,

As an engine, box and scrap the rest?

Also what is an acceptable value to ask for the car as a whole?

Thanks,
Doug

chris16v
27-08-2008, 13:49
whats the damage front or rear??

drsmith1979
27-08-2008, 16:00
the problems with damaged cars is that it costs to go and pick them up, trailer them etc.. so although the cost of the vehicle may be cheap, the whole thing isn't....

It will be worth something to someone, the engine is the main factor, and if there are any suspension parts that can be salvaged, rear brake bias valve for a start! rear discs perhaps etc.... if you can keep it then do it, you will make wayyyy more money, but to sell as a package you will have to factor in transport costs and the fact someone has to put many hours into stripping it etc...

Clio_GTT
27-08-2008, 16:26
pm me a price for the whole car

El_Douglito
28-08-2008, 22:55
"what's the damage, front or rear?"

Is isolated around the near-side front arch.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I don't have the anticipated garage space to split the car so will probably have to sell as a whole. Any ideas of the going rate?[/code]