PDA

View Full Version : front pads

Justin..
25-08-2008, 04:40
whats the best to get, i had some ferodo ones before. dunno the number but they were awesome when hot.

richy
25-08-2008, 09:17
when i had std calipers(a good few year ago now) i ran the mintex 1144 pads which i thought wasnt bad, also tryed to ds2000 which tbh didnt really feel any different to the mintex so couldnt complain!

had ebc greenstuff years ago and they were shockingly shite!

Lunner
25-08-2008, 11:15
Got the 1144's in my 4 pots, shit hot!

When i had stds i always used to like the pagid fast roads, cheap from gsf too

Allan
25-08-2008, 11:17
mintex are the choice for me, dimma is running green stuff and they are not amazing

Lunner
25-08-2008, 11:25
Green stuff are shit because they are designed to be low dust, all the decent pads give off a fair bit of dust

arj256
25-08-2008, 11:59
Green stuff are s**t because they are designed to be low dust, all the decent pads give off a fair bit of dust

Change the record :wink: there new compound is much better than there old.

If i was after some new std pads, i would be tempted with trying some of the Carbone Lorraine pads.

Lunner
25-08-2008, 16:29
Never had the old compound, but had the new one in my 4 pots when i got them, and they were wank

Laine_16v
25-08-2008, 18:10
Where can one get hold of mintex 1144 pads? google wasnt very helpful.

Lunner
25-08-2008, 18:16
Rally design iirc or failing that tweeks should be helpful

Matt_16v
25-08-2008, 22:24
Green stuff are s**t because they are designed to be low dust, all the decent pads give off a fair bit of dust

Change the record :wink: there new compound is much better than there old.

If i was after some new std pads, i would be tempted with trying some of the Carbone Lorraine pads.

I have some waiting to go in my can when I get the chance...will let you know the results.....

Coops
25-08-2008, 23:24
carbon lorraine are supposedly very good by all accounts

greenstuff are ****in shite, end of

i run redstuff in the 4 pots now and they are infinately better

2 live
26-08-2008, 19:29
ferodo ds2500. have them on both my cars. never given me any probs, and have given them both abuse lol.

altho 1 set was red, the latest set, and i seemed to gain a little sponginess on the pedal with them, nowt major tho

16v_paddy
26-08-2008, 21:11

greenstuff are F***IN shite, end of

I had greenstuff in my std calipers, thought they were fantastic, it could have something to do with the discs you use as well, I know certain disc & pad combinations are shite

I've got redstuff in my 4 pots, I'm not overly impressed with them but thats just down to pedal feel and me bein fussy :oops:
It stops like fook tho :lol:

white16valver
02-09-2008, 20:46
Pagid blue have done me alright but I've got a properly spongy pedal now - new fluid is needed! lol

I've never got the blues to fade, and neither has MarkCup on CS who drives like a getaway driver LoL

stevie_b
02-09-2008, 22:41
The blues are pretty good, although mine did break up badly after some heavy sessions on track and at the 'Ring.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j299/2stis/sub_brakes.jpg

They are probably still the best pads I have used to date though, but I thought I'd replace them with Ferodo DS2500 that everyone seems to rave about. However, in the end I have gone for Pagid RS29s (yellow) - I'll let you know how they fare.

eternalife
02-09-2008, 23:11

greenstuff are F***IN shite, end of

I had greenstuff in my std calipers, thought they were fantastic, it could have something to do with the discs you use as well, I know certain disc & pad combinations are shite

I've got redstuff in my 4 pots, I'm not overly impressed with them but thats just down to pedal feel and me bein fussy :oops:
It stops like fook tho :lol:

My current set up is Standard discs/calipers with greenstuff (fresh castrol SR fluid too).
Went for the greenstuff after a few people who have tested the 'new improved greenstuff pads' said they were very decent.
Only ever used standard stuff previously on my valver, 172 and now the Williams.

IMO they do exactly what they say on the tin - better braking then standard from cold and a lot better when they have some heat in them - cant tell if they produce less dust compared to standard at the mo, wheels need a good clean/wax (for winter) first.

At £70 for all 4 corners for greenstuff - hard to beat for the money.

Clio_GTT
02-09-2008, 23:20
Don't rate green stuff at all TBH

DS2000 or DS2500 if you can get the heat into them, pagid blues are even better but more money

white16valver
03-09-2008, 07:59
What do people recommend with regards to front discs?

Yozza sells the blues with the Brembo Max but for some reason I never found they bit very well - they never faded and pedal feel was always strong once you had the pressure on, but they never really had any bite at the top end of the pedal.

What else have people used and can recommend? :)

Clio_GTT
03-09-2008, 16:23
Genuine Renault Std Discs

measor
03-09-2008, 18:32
Im glad this topic has come up as I was just about to start a thread!! Car goes in for its MOT tomorrow, its been off the road for a year and just had a full engine rebuild but the brakes are shot to bits so Im in need of some new ones!!
Does anyone know the best place to get them online and what to get, budget is between 100-150 for set of decent front discs and pads....

2 live
03-09-2008, 23:08
last set of discs i got were £35 the pair, front. from halfords with the trusty trade card.
:lol:
pads were £35 iirc

hybridhughes
09-09-2008, 20:57
just fitted some carbon lorraines and there bloody ace work perfect even when cold and havent suffered any break fade at all, in fact the hotter they get the better they are. would deffo recommend them to anyone.