PDA

View Full Version : Had my car RR'd today at Omex

J o n
22-08-2008, 18:35
Well, the 17pooooo is having newer bigger ITB's fitted today, but before anything was done Andy and Richard decided to RR the car first.

Mods:

GDI straight through (2.5" 88db)
Janspeed silenced decat (2.5")
PiperX open IK
Omex600 - The car was only ever road mapped on std inlet as the intention was for ITB's to go back on, so it wasn't amazing.

At this stage I'd like to point out that the best figure a 182 has ever made on their rollers was 156bhp for a totally standard car.

1st run 172bhp

for the next run Andy loaded on another map for a pretty much standard car which was very close, but not 100% to the car.

2nd run 180

So basically with just breathing mods and an Omex it has picked up 24bhp over a standard car! It's also 14lbs/ft more through the rev range! Well happy with this as mod for mod it's the quickest Clio they have ever had on the rollers. It's also making more than cars running cams, so anyone thinking of getting cams I'd seriously consider a stand alone system instead.

I'll see if Andy can scan the RR print outs and overlay it against a stock 1*2 to show the difference :)

Allan
22-08-2008, 20:07
where is omex btw ?

J o n
22-08-2008, 20:21
it's based in Cheltenham, I'm going to arrange an RR day there for the club and friends too. Just trying to get the club an extra special price :)

Allan
22-08-2008, 20:23
cool :D

No money atm but def something i would look at

J o n
22-08-2008, 20:42
well, i'm trying to get a price that wont hurt the wallet much :D

Daz.
22-08-2008, 21:30
Very interesting, cams would be the next logical step for me but I'd be interested to see the gains on a standard f7r - how much would it cost for a mapping session?

geesus
22-08-2008, 22:06
does anyone else smell a sales pitch here? lmfao :wink:

how much is the omex system again?

J o n
22-08-2008, 22:29
Me too Daz, I know they have figures for Bex's Spyder powered RSI with cams and Omex, not sure if they have any figures for stock or mildly tuned F7's to compare with though. Would certianly be interesting to see if it's similar story to the F4's. Then again it could well be my cars an isolated case, so good excuse to pitch the RR day! ;)

End of the day the RR is more for you guys, I've paid for mine already and it's been done. I'm trying to get it as cheap as possible for everyone, would be interesting to see what the F7's make :)

As for price on an omex I've no idea, i think it's similar to getting cams and a remap/reflash on the stock ECU, but dont quote me.

Daz.
23-08-2008, 07:00
My standard f7r with cat back made 163 somthing on the RR day at hill power a couple of years ago...

I think its running very nicely now - bit worried this standard exhaust might be a bit restrictive though so would be interesting to see what it makes on stock air filter and exhaust (but with a chip :shock: :oops: :wink: )

I'd certainly come especially if theres someone there to talk to about potential figures and prices.

Daz.
23-08-2008, 07:01
does anyone else smell a sales pitch here? lmfao :wink:

how much is the omex system again?

Who cares! Jesus' discounts FTW! :D

Evogone
24-08-2008, 10:16
Me too Daz, I know they have figures for Bex's Spyder powered RSI with cams and Omex, not sure if they have any figures for stock or mildly tuned F7R's to compare with though. Would certianly be interesting to see if it's similar story to the F4's. Then again it could well be my cars an isolated case, so good excuse to pitch the RR day! ;)

End of the day the RR is more for you guys, I've paid for mine already and it's been done. I'm trying to get it as cheap as possible for everyone, would be interesting to see what the F7R's make :)

As for price on an omex I've no idea, i think it's similar to getting cams and a remap/reflash on the stock ECU, but dont quote me.

What info is there on Bex engine from the spyder, plus how much is the OMEX system as im thinking about this on the cup racer...?

J o n
24-08-2008, 12:36
Not really got any info on Bex's car, I know what mods it has just because I go see them a lot. Not sure on the price of the Omex either (yes I'm useless lol), best bet is to give GDI/Omex a call and speak to Andy or Richard. They will probably do someone a deal on the Omex for an F7 as they mainly deal with F4's, so they might want to use this as a chance to RR the standard car and see before and afters.

Clio1.8
25-08-2008, 13:12
has the engine been changed in your car,is it the same engine that had the throttle bodies on it?.

i thought it had cams and headwork on yours to make it so powerful with the bodies on?

J o n
25-08-2008, 13:32
engine is the original one, now on 88k

not had headwork on it, head is totally standard and the cams were sold at the same time as the bodies (catcams 428's). Engine just seems to be a freakishly quick one.

Clio1.8
25-08-2008, 19:13
will the new bodies require a different cam profile then?

are 428's like a road rally cam?

J o n
26-08-2008, 12:21
nah, cam profile makes no difference to how they run, just affects the power and torque curve. 428's are pretty much the mildest cam that Cat do for the F4, other than the 420's, but they are totally pointless as they are very very similar to the stock F4R cams, but billet.