PDA

View Full Version : Williams track rod ends

lukebartlett2405
19-08-2008, 17:45
Do i need to change my track rod ends when going from valver to a wide track set up? anyone know the part number if so

Clio_GTT
19-08-2008, 18:20
nope, they wind out far enough

lukebartlett2405
19-08-2008, 23:18
Good good thank you

stevie_b
20-08-2008, 12:24
But are the Willy ones definitely longer though? I've just fitted widetrack and a manual rack to my car and am not that happy with the amount of thread that is able to go into the rack, so I'd like to fit longer track rod ends, if they exist and will fit.

Winston
20-08-2008, 13:03
Looking at the Williams rack i have out side... I would say they are no longer than valver ones

Manual racks are pretty skinny, but ive never had a problem with using them for widetrack.... But there is a lack of thread i agree

Manual racks tend to use female rack ends, where as the Williams uses Male ends, so even if they was longer... be no good

stevie_b
20-08-2008, 14:09
Cheers for the info Winston. You'll see that I am about to put that widetrack I bought off you to some use :lol: So the Willy track rod end itself is a female fitment and the Willy PAS rack a male end? The manual rack I have (think it might also have come from you originally, via a chap called Julian who I then bought it off? :lol: ) definitely has male track rod ends and female onto the rack, so I agree if that's the case then me looking to get the longer Williams ones would seem to be a complete waste of time. It's just I thought I read somewhere that the Willy could have either female or male track rod ends depending on the year, etc.?

stevie_b
27-08-2008, 10:37
Bump for Winston - could really do with your input here please as I need to buy the track rod ends in the next week or so.

Laine_16v
27-08-2008, 10:46
I used valver rod ends on my widetrack, and theres plenty of thread to spare.