PDA

View Full Version : Oh NOEZ - Wet lap

McPikie
19-08-2008, 08:20
:cry:

Had the car a couple of months now, no issues when washing it or anything, then all of a sudden last night on a sharp left hander, I was treated to a bloody soaking :? Nearly caused me to veer off the road I was that startled :shock:

It seemed to come from the sunroof switch itself.

So, not wanting to make the car look a mess by filling it with silicon, or nailing a big metal plate over the roof, how are these things fixed? Surely it's just a seal?

I can understand if it means taking the thing to bits, I just don't wanna get drenched all the time :evil:

white16valver
19-08-2008, 08:29
There's a guide in the members section I believe! :P

Not a fun job though lol

McPikie
19-08-2008, 08:35
There's a guide in the members section I believe! :P

Not a fun job though lol

I R not haz paid my membership :oops:

I think I will entrust this to the local spanner monkeys

Coops
19-08-2008, 10:03
easy to do mate, and i will answer thalt pm :wink:

dan-hipgrave
19-08-2008, 13:13
Check its not the aerial leaking first. I used to get a shower from the sunroof switch area and it was water coming in around the aerial base and building up in the plastic tray. Bit of sealant around the aerial on the inside of the car and it was all sorted.

Dan

McPikie
19-08-2008, 13:36
Check its not the aerial leaking first. I used to get a shower from the sunroof switch area and it was water coming in around the aerial base and building up in the plastic tray. Bit of sealant around the aerial on the inside of the car and it was all sorted.

Dan

Aye, will try that later

It's weird tho, not a drop for months and then BHAM!! Drenched.

Wank car

J o n
19-08-2008, 14:06
get a Mk2 Phil ;)

replace rust and sunroof problems for enging mount problems instead :lol:

bendee
19-08-2008, 14:22
i took the motor out of mine and it comes loose thougth **** it and wacked some ghetto tape around it. looks shit but not a drop since lol.

Wobba
19-08-2008, 18:25
I think if it is water in the centre console then it is likely the aerial thats leaking. There are two holes there, can silicone them up easily. Make sure you dry out the circuit board as well, and make sure you discon battery when handling stuff like that, especially when wet!