PDA

View Full Version : Respritory mask

Slithers
23-06-2005, 13:21
Anyone had use of a decent safety mask they can recommend?

Gonna be doin a lot of spraying, sanding and polishing soon and wouls like something thats gonna stop all the shit getting into me lungs.

Cheers folks

Purple
23-06-2005, 13:46
3M's N95 respirator should be good enough for the work you described. Should be able to get them on ebay.co.uk.

Slithers
23-06-2005, 14:41
Cheers mate for the advice.

Sez that type is for medical use though, unless u know summit i dont, lol

Purple
23-06-2005, 14:55
Something I snipped from ebay:

"General Use Particulate Respirator - 3M™ 8210 N95 3M™ 8210 N95 Particulate respirator is an economical respirator is designed to help provide comfortable, reliable worker protection against certain non-oil based particles. Workplace applications include grinding, sanding, sweeping, bagging and other dusty operations. Its lightweight construction promotes greater worker acceptance and comfort and increased wear time. This respirator features 2 straps and an adjustable noseclip to help provide a custom fit and secure seal. N95 is for non-oil hazards only."

Works for SARS too. :)

Slithers
23-06-2005, 15:01
Something I snipped from ebay:

"General Use Particulate Respirator - 3M™ 8210 N95 3M™ 8210 N95 Particulate respirator is an economical respirator is designed to help provide comfortable, reliable worker protection against certain non-oil based particles. Workplace applications include grinding, sanding, sweeping, bagging and other dusty operations. Its lightweight construction promotes greater worker acceptance and comfort and increased wear time. This respirator features 2 straps and an adjustable noseclip to help provide a custom fit and secure seal. N95 is for non-oil hazards only."

Works for SARS too. :)

Result!!!

Cheers dude

northy
23-06-2005, 16:01
machine mart sell the ones i use mate.

blue with two black filters on either end.

VIPERONE
23-06-2005, 18:37
the best one i used was an s 10 respirator.. resistant to nerve agent, blister agent, orange x, mustard gas, blood agent, sarin, cs and most other opollutants. it has an inbuilt straw which attatches to a genral issue water bottle, with a valve onthe front to switch water on and off.. also incorporates a socker should you wish to fit a radio to communicate to you mates... i have one on the back of my toilet door.

Mark_Ritchspeed
23-06-2005, 18:40
Respirators are for girls. Noxious fumes is just an added bonus when your spraying. :D

Lunner
23-06-2005, 19:58
I use a universal Vitrex respirator, wiht toxic gass filters in it