PDA

View Full Version : Mid exhaust mount knocking and decat

Wobba
06-08-2008, 17:27
Put decat on the otehr day. Have a Magnex system as well, but the mount on it is on the wrong side.

Now, put the decat on, and the exhaust is so high it knocks the mount with the Magnex silencer mid section bit....driving me mad. Put two bungs on it so far and they have fallen off even with being strapped in place!

Now I am in Cornwall on hols, its knocking like a bastard. Is the mount on the heat shield and can I take it off? I dont have many tools though...

summeh
06-08-2008, 22:16
is this how kwikfit put it on? should have taken note as to how I had it set up mate, was no probs with it then :wink:

number1
06-08-2008, 22:50
Wobba, whereabouts are you in cornwall? if your near to falmouth then pm me for my mobile number, could have a look and a chance to put a face to the name

Dave

katbloke
07-08-2008, 00:23
Wobba, whereabouts are you in cornwall? if your near to falmouth then pm me for my mobile number, could have a look and a chance to put a face to the name

Dave

Spent 2 days there last week walking the between Truro and some other station just outside of Falmouth, got bloody drowned walking the viaducts

number1
07-08-2008, 10:45
Katbloke: Guess you were working on the railway line? lol
guessing you mean perranwell station or penryn stn? i actually live in penryn but no one has heard of it lol

katbloke
07-08-2008, 11:53
yep walked from truro to penwithers, then walked both ways from perinwell and penryn, was knackered at the end of it, we have a largeish contract coming up there so did a line walkthrough with my boss and the respective department bosses, never got promotion though not for the want of trying

LEIGH-ANNE
07-08-2008, 12:12
Dont think he can get to the com that much pm me with ur number and ill pass it on, im sure he'd be glad of some help definatly....

Wobba
07-08-2008, 21:27
Cheers guys. Leighanne txt'd me earlier on and gave me a call, just after I managed to borrow a jack and get the car on some blocks. Managed to find you can take the mid mount off, which I managed after borrowing loads of tools and penetrant spray! Got it off, but one of the bolts sheared, but that's np :)

It seems I am not really on holiday as I have spent most of the time ferrying my relatives about in the Willy in the POURING rain :(

Still today was quite nice, and I managed to scare the crap out of my cousin going sideways on some twisties hehe. Thank God for my new F1's is all I can say lol.