PDA

View Full Version : lowering suspension

cliowilly2
03-08-2008, 13:39
hi all, fitted a 2nd hand rear axle to my williams2, which had been lowered before i bought it. i want to lower the front to match but need to know the height of the rear as a standard set up so i know how much this 1 has been lowered,(never even thought about measuring before i started because i didnt know the axle had been lowered) so if someone knows could they share this info with me?!! or if someone has a willy2 with standard ride height could you measure it for me, say from bottom of wheelarch to centre of wheel??

many thanks

stu

Lunner
03-08-2008, 14:45
Have you had a search, sure this can cropped up before, with ride heights being posted?

Lunner
03-08-2008, 14:46
Just a note, the car will tend to handle alot better with teh arse end lower then the front, people will tell you it won't and it looks a tad odd, but it will handle like its on rails, as myself and richy found out

cliowilly2
03-08-2008, 21:42
i did do a search but i struggle to get anywhere with that thing (is that just me???)

ive been driving around with the arse on the floor for a month or so now and it does handle ok. i cant compare to standard because i only drove it a couple of times before changing the axle. but i do want to drop the front because of the way it looks but i also thought it would handle better. cheers for your help anyway

McPikie
04-08-2008, 08:53
Just a note, the car will tend to handle alot better with teh arse end lower then the front, people will tell you it won't and it looks a tad odd, but it will handle like its on rails, as myself and richy found out

Driver preference as I prefer the nose lower than the rear, keeping the weight over the front