PDA

View Full Version : hmm a question to anyone who knows about paint/laquer/finish

titcharoony
02-08-2008, 21:33
A friend told me recently not to ever write 'wash me' or anything 'humourous' like that onto a dusty car, as it will scratch the paint work easily. Stated that dust on cars is tiny rocks and abrasive, and so WILL scratch your paintwork. This started up a lil debate, another mate stepped in and said 'Wah?' if the car is fairly new, the lacquer would protect the paint no problem- and so a lil debate was had with no clear winner. This issue also came up in family the other day lol, anyone got any thoughts on this pointless debate?

spikey-ben
02-08-2008, 22:18
Hmm my only expirence of this was in my college days when i used to smoke way to much, sombody one day wrote weed bus in the dust on my car and no matter how many time i polished it, you could still read it. It wasnt a new car or anything though just a knackered old rover 213. Funny though and a big puller from the bacon

titcharoony
02-08-2008, 22:45
lol. weird eh? i guess it does really scratch your car then!

MatBrown
03-08-2008, 00:40
Yes, new or old, it will scratch the top coat but this should normally be easy to polish out.

Mat.

katbloke
03-08-2008, 14:06
As mat says it will scratch the laquer, hte best and safest way is to rinse it off the more you do to avoid hands to paint the less damage you will inflict ie rinse whole car off and use a good quality wash mitt and drying towel and use a 2 bucket washing method

MatrixGuy
03-08-2008, 15:59
As mat says it will scratch the laquer, hte best and safest way is to rinse it off the more you do to avoid hands to paint the less damage you will inflict ie rinse whole car off and use a good quality wash mitt and drying towel and use a 2 bucket washing method

can't you tell we are members of Detailing World, lol. :lol:

katbloke
03-08-2008, 16:20

can't you tell we are members of Detailing World, lol. :lol:

roflmao, slightly

titcharoony
03-08-2008, 17:29
i heart nerds.