PDA

View Full Version : Clunk coming from OS area

Andy P
31-07-2008, 17:39
Cant work out what it is. Everything is tight, no loose bolts anywhere. But you can hear it and feel it through the steering wheel. Only happens when going over bumps.

Seems to be getting worse too. The bottom ball joint looks ok, the gearbox mount looks fairly new and there isnt any excessive flex when its under load.

It seems to have happened since i fitted my "stiffened" dog bone mount.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

donsrno1
31-07-2008, 18:01
I was going to suggest the bottom ball joint tbh as its similar to the symptoms I had when mine was a bit loose. Have you tried the wheel for any play? I would also check the condition of the top mounts (on the suspension) on that side.

Andy P
31-07-2008, 18:05
Wheel bearing is fine. No play or whining at all. Im thinking either top mount or bottom ball joint. But the bottom one looks fine, pretty new really.

Top mount could be better i suppose...

number1
03-08-2008, 12:25
id doubt a top mount would clonk over bumps. there always under load unless your in mid air 8) sounds like a bottom ball joint to me, there a few quid and easy enough to change, id do that before anything else

Dave

Rob72
03-08-2008, 16:41
possibly the anti-roll bar bush...cheap to buy aswell

Justin..
03-08-2008, 16:49
my brake caliper used to clunk going over bumps, needed the slider pins greasing as they were dry, probably should have replaced them but the grease made them hush up.

spikey-ben
04-08-2008, 21:40
I had similar problem on mine and checked all bushes ect and then i discovered a sub frame mounting bolt had come loose sumhow. If youve already checked fair enouth if not might be worth aving a look .
:) :) :)

Allan
05-08-2008, 10:31
i have the same issue on my williams, not had time to look into it yet