PDA

View Full Version : New throttle cable

Wobba
26-07-2008, 19:34
Got a new cable today. It is different but seems to fit fine. On the end where it attaches to the footpedal, there is also a rubber bung at the end of the sleeve. I guess it is there to fill the hole in the body for the clip.

How the HELL are you supposed to get the bung into the hole? I barely managed the clip as access is, as usual, utter SHITE. I cant reach the bung from the engine bay, and I cant manipulate it from the footwell...

1995clio16v
27-07-2008, 11:47
Be a MAN and bite your lip!! Sore hands time!

:o

It does seem a difficult thing to negotiate, but when I did mine and also clutch cable I pretty much made a big hole/way in all that foam from inside the engine bay that is behind/around that plate thats attached to the bulkhead. Does that make sense?

With a bit of fathaming out you can get your hand down there and I remember just taking a deep breath and pressing the shim thingy into the hole.

Hope that helps. You can get there with a bit of perseverance.

8)

1995clio16v
27-07-2008, 11:48
PS

Best thing to do is put some string or something through from the footwell and pull it into the bay so you know where your heading.

8)

Wobba
27-07-2008, 17:01
Yea I know what you mean by the fireshield foam stuff. I dont wanna rip it to bits. I may be able to take the inner arch off and get access that way. It is going ok now after some fine adjustment at the local southern meet today.

doug2.0
27-07-2008, 19:12
right ive ****ed about for weeks with this and it is by far the worst pig of an access job ive had with the clio this far.

the amount of blood ive cleaned from the plastic in the car, from my shredded knuckles is mad lol

what i ended up doing in the end is sacking off the rubber bung as it really really doesnt fit with the thing through it!
what ive done is give it a rate generous wrapping with insulation tape then pulling it through and fixing it on the other side (footwell) with a small cable tie.

bit of a bodge but i got pig sick of it

doug2.0
27-07-2008, 19:54
like this
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/doug123_2006/DSC02116.jpg

1995clio16v
27-07-2008, 23:15
Hats off to you for even getting your camera in there!!

lol!!

:shock:

ant84
28-07-2008, 00:30
omg!!!!

the easyest way of getting the throttle cable from engine to the pedles is to take wheel off and the inner arch then its peace of piss be done within an hour on own 45mins with two it realy is that easy. :roll:

Wobba
28-07-2008, 14:00
Yea. I'll take the arch liner off this weekend. Will give me an excure to clean out any shit in there and see if there is any rust that needs treating as well.

1995clio16v
28-07-2008, 14:02
omg!!!!

the easyest way of getting the throttle cable from engine to the pedles is to take wheel off and the inner arch then its peace of piss be done within an hour on own 45mins with two it realy is that easy. :roll:

:roll:

geesus
28-07-2008, 16:46
you're not on your own here!

i couldn't get the bung into the hole either so left it, will go back to it another day and try again :oops:

Wobba
28-07-2008, 18:24
you're not on your own here!

i couldn't get the bung into the hole either so left it, will go back to it another day and try again :oops:

I got the same attitude. When you are tired, in a hurry, almost bleeding to death on the street...it's time to just leave it and go get emergency care.