PDA

View Full Version : Valver vs Leon Cupra R

Slithers
22-06-2005, 18:28
Jesus christ what a great big pile of shit these cars are, i mean could anyone create a bigger pile of shit with loadsa flies round it.....i doubt it.

Comin down the bypass at 60 cupra flies up me arse, we then come to one of the numerous roundabouts on the bypass.

Cupra understeers, oversteers, inwardsteers, outwardsteers, creates a few more types of error steers then lets off and ****s off elsewhere......oh dear......

Martin
22-06-2005, 18:39
they are slow too! lol I think a you just created a few new words to describe how bad they handle! :lol:

bigjim
27-06-2005, 21:03
wait till mitchy reads this one :lol: :lol: he slated me for daring to have a go in my shitty old williams now a 1.816v. pmsl

Martin
27-06-2005, 21:10
They are quick once Revo'd.....hahahahahaha

Mitchy
28-06-2005, 08:25
LOL here we go again :lol:

The LCR is a family hatchback, it does not weigh 850kg hence it will not go and act like a go kart! However it is not that bad as it laps in equally the same times as the CTR.

It has 'luxuries' like ESP/ABS/climate control etc. Things that are missing from your little clios! Things that add weight but are beneficial to the car! I bet you guys are suffering with the heat at the moment and have to open your windows :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martin, i bet you have no idea how quick a REVO LCR is. You raced 1 up a strip, big deal! Its more to do so with driver, not the car! i thought you'd realise that being a 1/4 mile king! 14.9 from a chipped example is hardly something to boast about considering standard cars have run 14.5/6 at santapod.

60-top end speed which can be as much as 165 GPS verified is where a REVO LCR shines against other cars! It will never be that quick off the line due to it having to pull 1370kg with it. 60+ though and the cars are very quick!

Extend a 1/4 mile track to 1/2 mile or 1 KM and your little clios would be know where to be seen! Put your little clios on the german autobahn and again they will be a glimpse in the majority of cars rear view mirrors :lol:

Its not all about 1/4 miles and hard launches you know! Most of my racing starts at cruising motorway speeds! Ie 80mph. This is where it starts, not poxy 0-???mph dashes on a disused runway!

Keep dreaming on guys, you know i am talking sense :wink:

Oh and roll up your windows, its embarrassing :wink: Your just telling everyone you cant afford a car with aircon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awaits the witty response from jesus and co :wink:

KingStromba
28-06-2005, 10:25

The LCR is a family hatchback, it does not weigh 850kg hence it will not go and act like a go kart! However it is not that bad as it laps in equally the same times as the CTR.

It has 'luxuries' like ESP/ABS/climate control etc. Things that are missing from your little clios! Things that add weight but are beneficial to the car! I bet you guys are suffering with the heat at the moment and have to open your windows :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martin, i bet you have no idea how quick a REVO LCR is. You raced 1 up a strip, big deal! Its more to do so with driver, not the car! i thought you'd realise that being a 1/4 mile king! 14.9 from a chipped example is hardly something to boast about considering standard cars have run 14.5/6 at santapod.

60-top end speed which can be as much as 165 GPS verified is where a REVO LCR shines against other cars! It will never be that quick off the line due to it having to pull 1370kg with it. 60+ though and the cars are very quick!

Extend a 1/4 mile track to 1/2 mile or 1 KM and your little clios would be know where to be seen! Put your little clios on the german autobahn and again they will be a glimpse in the majority of cars rear view mirrors :lol:

Its not all about 1/4 miles and hard launches you know! Most of my racing starts at cruising motorway speeds! Ie 80mph. This is where it starts, not poxy 0-???mph dashes on a disused runway!

Oh and roll up your windows, its embarrassing :wink: Your just telling everyone you cant afford a car with aircon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least someone talk some sense on here. Its getting embarrassing with everyone thinking their Clio's are invincible. Im sure there is very little that can touch a properly set up Clio on a Welsh Mountain, but in everyday driving, on normal roads, the Clios are not great cars. Williams is THE WORST dual carriageway car i have ever driven.

Andyvalver
28-06-2005, 13:12
On country roads and so on a valver/williams will beat most cars other than its rival hatches, 106gti/vts ect. Ive had a cupra on the twistys before, proper whooped his ass until the big long straight when it raped my ass :shock:

KingStromba
28-06-2005, 13:52
All this talk about Williams / valvers being quicker than cupras on the twisty road is IMO misleading. Im of no doubt that a very good driver would be able to get the Williams round a very twisty roads quicker than a cupra. Its just more nimble at the end of the day. But in reality an average driver, which lets face it most of us are, would not notice any great handling difference and be just as quick in either car, in fact in most sporty cars.

Im not going to get into a debate about who is an who isnt a good driver, suffice to say, most people wouldnt be much quicker in one car over another.

In fact most sporty cars on the road today in Mr averages hands would be just as quick as the 100 other cars in the same performance bracket.

Jamie.
28-06-2005, 14:02
Just knowledge of the roads at the end of the day. knowing where and what u can get away with

Martin
28-06-2005, 14:14

hehe you know I'm only playing...oh and I can't wind my windows up I've removed the e/w to save weight! :lol:

Martin
28-06-2005, 14:19
All this talk about Williams / valvers being quicker than cupras on the twisty road is IMO misleading. Im of no doubt that a very good driver would be able to get the Williams round a very twisty roads quicker than a cupra. Its just more nimble at the end of the day. But in reality an average driver, which lets face it most of us are, would not notice any great handling difference and be just as quick in either car, in fact in most sporty cars.

Im not going to get into a debate about who is an who isnt a good driver, suffice to say, most people wouldnt be much quicker in one car over another.

In fact most sporty cars on the road today in Mr averages hands would be just as quick as the 100 other cars in the same performance bracket.

I disagree fella....I think it takes at least a month to get comfortable in the handling of a new car so I would deffo be quicker in my car then any equivalent hot hatch. I would back any williams owner/driver to be quicker than a cupra on a tight twisty road or track too. 400 kgs less to persuade round tight corners is a a lot.....on faster, sweeping corners the differences would be less noticeable obviously.

KingStromba
28-06-2005, 14:21
Just as someone used to driving a cupra would be quicker in the cupra.

Rudders16v
28-06-2005, 14:46
It all so comes down to how much you actually care about your car too, i throw my Williams around knowing full well that if i stack it into another car or roll it into the ditch, im losing £2k at the most (assuming i remain intact!)........ im certainly much more reserved when im driving a £15k car though!!

Zollo
28-06-2005, 15:14
There are loads of factors effecting what/who would be quicker down some twisty road.

Driver skill
Road Knowledge
Experience, partly of the car, but mainly of the road
Machinery
And the biggest factor of all - Gonad size / Stupidity / Bravery

You can't make a comparison between two cars on the road, around corners particularly, if you don't know the ability (and all of the above factors) of the drivers in the cars.

Simply saying, "I had this CTR/182/Impreza down a country road, so therefore my Williams/Valver/whatever is much better around the corners" is stupid, because it doesn't prove anything. It could have been an old lady driving her sons car down a road she's never been down. If you're a driving genius, you'll be able to thrash her in a Fiat Panda!

....IMO :wink:

Tommo
28-06-2005, 15:27
I think the car does play a large part in how fast you can go round bends. I have so much confidence in my car and have thrown it in2 bends at some stupid speeds cos I have total confidence in the car's handling abilities, something I wouldn't have done in previous cars. Personally I think mr average driving the clio would convincingly beat mr average in the LCR on a twisty B-road.

Zollo
28-06-2005, 15:35
I wouldn't like to say.

On the one hand, the Williams is the lighter, more nimble, more agile car. On the other hand, it's more nervous at the limit and more likely to swing its tail out if you get it wrong. It's a very raw car and can intimidate some.

The Leon, on the other hand, although more heavy, has a very understeery attitude, is more stable and solid, and has more driver aids such as TC and ABS. It'll make Mr Average more confident, therefore he'll push more.

You'd hope the Williams weight advantage and dynamic ability would 'outweigh' (boom boom :roll: ) that though...

northy
28-06-2005, 15:38
do we have a LCR with us on the trackday gaz ?

KingStromba
28-06-2005, 16:04
What im saying is, take Mr average A and Mr average B. Give them 100 sports cars to play with and tell them to go lap a track in all of them. Lap times for all cars would be very similar.

Andyvalver
28-06-2005, 16:16
When i did a ferrari day last year they took me for a passanger ride(flying lap) with qualified racing driver/instructor in a seat leon cupra and it was pretty stable at speed. This guy was taking some real tight bends at 100+mph and it stuck well. I would not feel too confident jucking the valver into bends like that due to it being a tad tail happy at those speeds. Smaller tighter bends is where the valver/willys are better. Lets say 50/80mph bends tops. Thats where a cupra would struggle, just like my mates golf turbo. It dont do tight bends and you can really feel the weight.

Mitchy
28-06-2005, 17:14
Finally we get a sensible discussion without the need for my cocks bigger than yours :)

Take a standard LCR and a standard williams around say bedford autodrome with the same professional driver and i doubt they'd be a lot in it tbh. Where the williams gains in the corners the LCR will gain on the straights.

Zollo
28-06-2005, 17:20
Or, say, Anglesey race circuit, Mitchy? Say on the 29th of July perhaps? :wink: :D

Jabba the...
28-06-2005, 19:51
It all so comes down to how much you actually care about your car too, i throw my Williams around knowing full well that if i stack it into another car or roll it into the ditch, im losing £2k at the most (assuming i remain intact!)........ im certainly much more reserved when im driving a £15k car though!!

-----------------------

get some insurance :lol:

Rudders16v
29-06-2005, 09:33
lol, i'd like to know of an insurance co that'd pay out after you've totalled a car doing 100+ on a twisty B road!

Jabba the...
29-06-2005, 17:25
fully comps fully comp, my mate got cash back after drink driving :!:

gtbloke
26-07-2005, 09:43
Pointless argument!

LCR is faster than a valver/williams its newer technology and has a turbo, i'd have one over my valver anyday.

love my valver but an LCR cummon people :D

J o n
26-07-2005, 10:01
gtbloke... take it you haven't seen Martin OWNING a Revo'd Cupra R then? pmsl

gtbloke
26-07-2005, 10:07
Yeah but martins car is far from standard is it m8 :wink:

std for std an lcr is quicker!

p.s - i seen the vid of the nana eating a revo'd lcr...was pretty funny hehe!

J o n
26-07-2005, 10:39
no idea std vs std... never seen a standard Willy... well, Northy's bro's is closest I have seen and that only has a decat but runs 14's... few standard Willy's would give a Revo'd Cupra R a run if they are only getting 14.5's mate and a standard one is only gonna be slower.

2 live
26-07-2005, 10:48
hmm.

i raced one at york last time out. he had me off the line, i then missed 2nd.....and still beat him to the finish line.

and it looked like he had quite a clean run

never really had a do with one for any great distance tho........they just cant seem to keep up.lol

J o n
26-07-2005, 11:01
I remember lashing one on the way home from work when I was fairly standard (no cams) although I was on my own and he had 2 passengers... so not really a fair comparison...

gtbloke
26-07-2005, 11:26
Okay so how would a valver fare?

no idea what mine is doing bhp wise (yet) nor its 1/4 time but it goes like stink...

these forums give u the impression valvers are slow...yet they arent.

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 16:54
Bollocks, not again :lol:

Jesus where are you getting these figures from? (A revo LCR gets 14.5 so a standard car is slower :?) Standard cars have achieved 14.6 1/4 mile times!!

Standard vs standard an LCR will win! 1 car can do 150 book speed, a williams/16v does about 90 if lucky :lol:

Standard times are around 20secs 0-100 for williams and 17 secs for cupra R. Dont argue facts are facts! You may be able to get it quicker going down hill stripped out and on an egg timer but book facts are 20secs or thereabouts!!

A standard 225 cupra r has ran a 14.6 @ 96mph which isn't too bad for a standard car :wink:

Martin raced a revo cupra R that come in at 14.9 so come on guys get a grip! The driver was disabled! :roll:

Standard capable of 14.6 vs Revo 14.9 LOL

Keep dreaming boys :wink:

vtec abuser ran a 14.2 in his revo LCR (262bhp) @ pod 2 weeks ago when the temperature was 30c. The rear seats were in and he was not running on petrol fumes! He was not running at york either where times are always around 0.2-0.3secs quicker! He would have broke into 13's if better conditions/more practice and stripped a bit more weight! Anything getting sub 14's AT SANTAPOD is quick!

There are only a couple of select clios around that will outrun a revo LCR and i think there is only 1 on this board!

Keep dreaming boys!! :lol: :wink:

richy
26-07-2005, 16:58
err hang on all the clios running at the supposed slower santa pod were getting better times there then at york lol

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 17:00
Different day different conditions springs to mind!

Times are slower at santapod! Fact!!

Martin
26-07-2005, 17:01
Tbh Mitchy I disagree :P, having seen a couple of cupra r's run at york I think they are VERY tricky to launch...therefore on the 1/4 mile standard for standard the williams will be as quick if not quicker...over 100 obviously there is only one winner! I'd say it comes down to the driver....

Oh and as regards pod vs york arguement..I went down with most people from here to pod and I believe EVERYONE who ran bettered their times acheived at york!! I ran 14.01@pod and 14.08 @ york...the surface at pod is much better imo and the whole setup is more professional.

Martin
26-07-2005, 17:02
Oh and I've done 4-5 days at york 60+ runs so it's not a question of conditions...the surface at pod is better for launching imo.

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 17:04
The last time york was run the conditions were terrible and it was around 30c i believe! That would probably be the reason why!

j3ned in his TT clio was pulling crap times for instance!

However many people quote there best 1/4 mile runs and they always seem to be at crail or york!

northy
26-07-2005, 17:06
my brothers standard (bar decat) williams has run a 14.93 at pod on his first ever time.

And totally standard its as quick as mine (14.89) with or without decat.

Im not knocking either cars - but i'd love a quick drive of a leon. :D

northy
26-07-2005, 17:08
my best was at pod - like martin.

Wont be running at york again...pod is worth the extra drive.

richy
Seat Leon Cupra R 225 04 222 1376 163.93 6.62 16.66

^^0-100 16.66

Renault Cio Williams 93 150 980 155.52 6.98 18.92

^^0-100 18.92

std to std the cupra should be faster all time esp 100+

Martin
However many people quote there best 1/4 mile runs and they always seem to be at crail or york!

Not everyone... :)

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 17:09
Well vtec abuser/ben ctr pulled in a 14.2 a couple of weeks ago in his revo'd LCR!

He only had 3 runs and is confident with more runs/cooler day and a little less weight he'll break into the 13's! 14.2 for 1st attempt isn't bad!

The car has no other mods apart from remap which measured 262bhp at a recent RR day.

Just shows you what different drivers can do TO THE SAME CAR!!

Martin
26-07-2005, 17:11
Tbh Mitchy I disagree :P, having seen a couple of cupra r's run at york I think they are VERY tricky to launch...therefore on the 1/4 mile standard for standard the williams will be as quick if not quicker...over 100 obviously there is only one winner! I'd say it comes down to the driver....
Oh and as regards pod vs york arguement..I went down with most people from here to pod and I believe EVERYONE who ran bettered their times acheived at york!! I ran 14.01@pod and 14.08 @ york...the surface at pod is much better imo and the whole setup is more professional.

we agree see^^

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 17:14
my brothers standard (bar decat) williams has run a 14.93 at pod on his first ever time.

And totally standard its as quick as mine (14.89) with or without decat.

Im not knocking either cars - but i'd love a quick drive of a leon. :D

Was it stripped out and running on fumes? Decat isn't standard though and from that time he must be fairly experienced/good driver!

Ive seen and heard of many clio williams pulling in between 15.5 and 16.5secs! However im not so silly as to say thats all the car is capable of. Anyone with 1/2 a braincell knows its down to the driver and not exactly down to the car.

Remaps only produce REAL 260-265bhp. Many people quote/claim 275-280 but this is a lot of bollocks as was proven at a RR day recently! Remember the car weighs in at around 1400kg with driver so its never going to munch up a 1/4 mile strip and yes your right they are very difficult to launch and a lot of time is lost wheelspinning!

northy
26-07-2005, 17:23
yes the back seats were out with the parcel shelf and running on 1/4 of fuel.

But his car is fast for standard. My best was a 15.2 at york untill i went to pod.

Like i said - im trying to convince my old man to get one of these cars....would love a hot ride in one.

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 17:27
I have to say thats a cracking time for a standard car! 8)

Andy
26-07-2005, 17:41
ok mitchy my car run 14.9 but i feel in the right hands (martin) it would run a 14.7 it was way to hot temp on gage was 32oc what people are saying is the williams on a strip is quicker ..

mine and northys dad is buying one so we shall soon see as he drives both our cars on a regular basis 8)

personaly i have always liked them

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 17:45
there was lcr running at pod and no one had a problem beating there times.

Yes but ive seen a scooby turbo running in the 16's so that argument dont mean a thing! Saxo Vtr's were running quicker :lol:

Like i said mate cracking times! Put martin in the car and he probably will extract the very best from it!

Maybe i should let him have a run in mine :lol: :wink:

Martin
26-07-2005, 17:51
heh I think your runs were spot on tbh Andy...some of your starts were v quick :) ... Yours won't run that much quicker without more mods...zorst would be a good start. :wink:

Andy
26-07-2005, 18:03
dont start tempting me mate will get bitten by the bug..

fast enougth for me exhaust will come when that rassping starts doing my head in :twisted:

havent made my mind up if i like it or not

Martin
26-07-2005, 18:10
It's certainly sounds like no other! lol Raspy is deffo the word..

J o n
26-07-2005, 18:42
Bollocks, not again :lol:

Jesus where are you getting these figures from? (A revo LCR gets 14.5 so a standard car is slower :?) Standard cars have achieved 14.6 1/4 mile times!! - eh? no, the Revo'd car get's a 14.5, a standard Willy can do that fool, yet this escapes you as you choose to ignore any figures other than your little chav magazines that you read :roll:

Standard vs standard an LCR will win! 1 car can do 150 book speed, a williams/16v does about 90 if lucky :lol: - win what, and egg and spoon race? we're talking about a 1/4 mile before you start harping on how good your barge is... plus roads have corners mate, on anything other than a motorway your ****ed... simple as, the car doesn't have enough ability to compete with a Willy

Standard times are around 20secs 0-100 for williams and 17 secs for cupra R. Dont argue facts are facts! You may be able to get it quicker going down hill stripped out and on an egg timer but book facts are 20secs or thereabouts!! - not facts at all, get a Williams that's std and prove it... reading a magazine and harping on about blah blah this and blah blah that dont mean shit, heard of the real world? people go there and get better times, or did that escape you?

A standard 225 cupra r has ran a 14.6 @ 96mph which isn't too bad for a standard car :wink: - a standard albeit stripped Willy has run a 14.4 at 97, and what bitch? I bet the cupra was towing a caravan tho and had superman pushing the front down...

Martin raced a revo cupra R that come in at 14.9 so come on guys get a grip! The driver was disabled! :roll: - it seems to be the trend for Cupra drivers..

Standard capable of 14.6 vs Revo 14.9 LOL - well i've not seen it so it must be bollocks :roll: :wink:

Keep dreaming boys :wink:

vtec abuser ran a 14.2 in his revo LCR (262bhp) @ pod 2 weeks ago when the temperature was 30c. The rear seats were in and he was not running on petrol fumes! He was not running at york either where times are always around 0.2-0.3secs quicker! He would have broke into 13's if better conditions/more practice and stripped a bit more weight! Anything getting sub 14's AT SANTAPOD is quick! - well York apears to be slower despite popular belief, so that's that point null and void... your also talking about a car with a 40bhp increase still not getting near a cam'd Willy... that's cam'd and not maped by the way... and he wouldn't have broke 13's mate, torque should make the weight less apparent, plus taking seats out will give you 0.1 at best...

There are only a couple of select clios around that will outrun a revo LCR and i think there is only 1 on this board! - no, more like dozens, we could make a list if you want?

Keep dreaming boys!! :lol: :wink: - uh huh, you keep repeating yourself, you may even believe your own BS. peace ;)

Zollo
26-07-2005, 18:47
Jesus - I hope you're just trying to wind him up and don't actually mean all that you're saying? :?

Andy
26-07-2005, 19:05
lol bad day jesus

J o n
26-07-2005, 19:33
;)

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 19:46
LOL at your rubbish jesus.

14.2 for revo LCR on his 1st attempt! Nothing stripped and in 30c heat.

(where is 14.5 coming from as 14.2 is now benchmark for revo lcr)

Why wont he break into the 13's? 0.21 secs will see him dip under 14!

Turbo's suffer from high amounts of heat soak, he can strip his car and with more practice at launching on a cool day (15c) im pretty certain he'll make up 0.21 secs :lol: idiot!!! :roll: :wink:

A standard williams is no where near as quick as your making out buddy. Dont kid yourself! It has 150hp and around 120lbft torque. it is not a supercar!

BTW a bog standard williams will get no-where near 14.5! With a decat (which is a mod) he got 14.9 so how on earth will it get 14.5! Idiot again :roll:

Give me a long list of clios that will make mince meat of a chipped LCR on the road :? There is 1 or 2 maybe :roll:

BTW a cam'd williams will not make mince meat of an LCR. It will need a lot more than that!

A remap costs £475! Spend £475 on your car and it wont even be enough to fill in the rust gaps! :oops: :cry: :D :wink:

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 19:49
BTW jesus, extend the 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile or a mile and your little clio will be puffing and panting and in need of an inhaler :lol:

I wish we had the freedom of an autobahn style road here in the UK. You would find out what quick cars were then!

TD mondeos would be pissing all over you bud :lol: :wink:

Jesus, my willy is bigger than yours :wink:

2 live
26-07-2005, 21:17
lol
@ u 2 lol

rite i believe the quickest time for a standard williams is around the 14.800 mark, thats with seats in 3/4 tank o juice, and cat on.

take the cat off, and replace the zorst with an exact replia, but in s/s instead of mild( is this a mod??) then the time comes down to 14.6, with the seats out

add cams and the time comes down to 14.4

add re-map 14.07

all times at the slower strip of york raceway, :wink:

now ben (vtec abuser) seems to have a good time in his lcr, but then hes been at the drag strip for about as long as me, so knows how to get the best out of the launches etc.

so again come down to driver

so mitchy...how much does an lcr cost??

u say the re-map is 250 or whatever, fair play..but how much is initial cost of the car?? if we spent the same amount on our cars, buying and tuning them, who do u think would win?? lol

but then the willy only really needs a bit spending on em to make em lcr killers

evr on iv raced i believe iv beaten

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 21:33
So it needs a good few mods to get it down to 14.07.

I'll put my house on it that ben will beat that next time he goes to pod and thats with just a 500 remap!

No decat/exhaust/cams/induction just a remap!

The only clios out there that will show a chipped LCR a pair of heels are j3neds and Nick Reids and both have had serious money spent and big turbo conversions so hardly surprising!

You can use your argument against any car mate! You can buy a £40000 M3 but with the money you could buy an LCR and put 550hp through it and still have £10000 to spare! Same with the LCR and clio williams!

Simple mods will not see a williams pasting an LCR!

Martin
26-07-2005, 21:35
Can't see a chipped lcr catching Mehdi's 13.4 beast until he stops for a brew! lol

Dancliovalver
26-07-2005, 21:38
lol at martin ^^^^^^ :wink:

Mitchy
Yep i knew there was another clio but couldn't remember who owned it! What's his user name?

Martin
Clean16v he ran 0.3 quicker at Pod than york.. :wink:

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 21:40
And what state of tune is his car?

Guessing its a hell of a lot more than a £500 remap :P

Martin
26-07-2005, 21:41
Aaaanyway I think we can all agree the lcr is quick car for the motorway :wink: and the williams/hybrids rule everywhere else :wink: :lol: hehe

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 21:42
Whats a hybrid mate

Martin
26-07-2005, 21:44
And what state of tune is his car?

okay okay, we get the idea the cupra has a TURBO and the williams has'nt...more bhp per£££ with turbo tuning obviously :roll: but if you want a pure driving experience (warning this may involve corners!!!) it's got to be Naturally Aspirated Power... :wink:

Martin
26-07-2005, 21:45
Whats a hybrid mate

Clio 16vs with williams 2.0 engines like mine, Cleans, Winstons etc

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 21:47
True, and that is 1 thing i miss as turbo lag can be very dangerous as i found out last night when overtaking a lorry.

Nearly ended in disaster as by the time the turbo had spooled and got decent boost, a car come flying round a bend and we were metres from colliding! Brown pants moment and it shit me up :cry:

If it had been in my old CTR then it wouldn't have been a problem :roll:

Martin
26-07-2005, 21:49
Shit sounds a bit close! :shock: .......You've got your Nitrous for that situation though...bit of F&F style blurring and that lorry is a memory...just watch your passenger footwell does'nt fall out! :lol:

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 21:51
Nothing like the movies unfortunately!

I hate when people come into the car expecting to be thrust back into warp speed and its like, oh is that it!

I guess with 400hp jets as some american cars use it will be like that, but i only have 50hp jets

All i can describe it like, is a vtec kick after your turbo kick!

richy
26-07-2005, 21:51
hahaha using the laptop to adjust settings while doing 180mph overtaking the car but not looking at road lol

J o n
26-07-2005, 21:54
LOL at your rubbish jesus.

14.2 for revo LCR on his 1st attempt! Nothing stripped and in 30c heat. - sounds like excuses to me...

(where is 14.5 coming from as 14.2 is now benchmark for revo lcr)

Why wont he break into the 13's? 0.21 secs will see him dip under 14! - has he tho? then I guess that makes that arguement void, come on Mitchy, cant make figures up on what 'might' happen :roll: :wink:

Turbo's suffer from high amounts of heat soak, he can strip his car and with more practice at launching on a cool day (15c) im pretty certain he'll make up 0.21 secs :lol: idiot!!! :roll: :wink: - sounds like more excuses... that means the Clio's will run faster to, or have you some theory that they are solar powered now and fun faster in 30 degree heat (*looks for clown smiley...*)

A standard williams is no where near as quick as your making out buddy. Dont kid yourself! It has 150hp and around 120lbft torque. it is not a supercar! - it's not a supercar because aircon wasn't added as an option

BTW a bog standard williams will get no-where near 14.5! With a decat (which is a mod) he got 14.9 so how on earth will it get 14.5! Idiot again :roll: - i didn't say his would idiot :wink:

Give me a long list of clios that will make mince meat of a chipped LCR on the road :? There is 1 or 2 maybe :roll: - great, an LCR will go past the quick N/A Clio's at 120+ maybe wow... you spent however much on it, so i suppose it should be good at something... :wink:

BTW a cam'd williams will not make mince meat of an LCR. It will need a lot more than that! - maybe not, I guess it would depend on the car in question for both sides, but the LCR's faster on top end and loses everywhere else in performance comparison... deal with it :lol:

A remap costs £475! Spend £475 on your car and it wont even be enough to fill in the rust gaps! :oops: :cry: :D :wink: - you'd say rust was lightweight and moan people were stripping it anyway... :roll:

anyway, enough of straight lines, how you getting on with turning the wheel and breaking? is it everything they told you it was? or you like the autobahn more still because it's easier? :wink: :lol:

Mitchy
26-07-2005, 22:04
Jesus, you clio lot are car enthusiasts who enjoy going to 1/4 mile days/track events etc! A lot of you have had years of experience and the clio williams has had 10+ years to achieve them kind of results!

The LCR is a new car and there's only the odd 1 or 2 who will go drag/track racing. Give it another couple of years and these 1/4 mile times will decrease and decrease just like they have with the clio. Ben is nearly breaking 14 on a hot summers day with 262bhp! Mines is running 320 so i cant wait too see what kind of times that will achieve! Might give it to ben LOL

I said it before mate, the LCR wont shine on a 1/4 mile drag strip! Its FWD and its carrying too much weight! Remapped cars are also struggling due to traction. It really is a major problem! These factors hinder its off the line performance!

A 1/4 mile is too short a distance for it too shine! If only they held 1km drag races and then you would see what i mean! :wink:

J o n
26-07-2005, 22:16
look mate I know they are faster eventually, but even over 1km it would struggle imo, the one Martin races never seems to start catching him and bearing in mind you roughly at 100 the LCR's will start getting quicker and maybe pull past, but lets face it, the speed at which it gets past will be minimal, short gearing will stop and end to the Clio's run too. Either way, it certainly wont show a tuned Clio a pair of heels regarless of what people would like to believe. a throttle bodied Clio is a more interesting comparison I think anyway, especially considering the cost to build :twisted:

Andy
26-07-2005, 22:42
good god fellas

lets all take a good look at the video at york with martin and the lcr

topic over untill you can give us evidence to prove other wise (mitchy)
i can quote numbers as well

2+2 =4
:wink:
untill then it is all my dog is bigger than your dog aint it mitchy :lol:

JayR
27-07-2005, 00:13
Lol@this thread..............Mitchy have you ever owned a clio of any spec?

Was just wondering because since iv been around (mainly on the other forum) iv seen that you know soooo much about rusty :roll: old clios yet iv never seen that youve actually owned one!!!

Im off to planet LCR to tell them how crap the LCR is now!!! :wink:

See ya

2 live
27-07-2005, 09:16
i did have the vid of me vs the lcr too.gave it a head start, missed 2nd gear .passed it b4 the 1/8th mile and continued to pull away slightly.

this was running mid to late 14s i think so i presume from the good times had at pod, better times than york, it was a revod one.

btw found a link to the vid now too hehe

is urs a black one btw?? hehe

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=2liveVSCupra

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 11:54
That video doesn't show anything tbh mate and who knows if it was remapped or not

Andy if martin had beat an M3 up the strip, it doesn't mean the M3 is the slower car!

Just means the driver is an old woman!

I think we agreed on the driver part about 10 posts ago just incase you missed it!

2live...What do you mean you missed 2nd gear? How do you manage to go from 1st-3rd :? Its a total unnatural gear change! You go down before you go along springs to mind :P

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 12:09
Tell you what, i'll meet anyone from this site anywhere in yorkshire and show you how far a leon will leave a clio on on a normal everyday road!
Motorway/DC/A road

Being serious, i'll even video the action and show it on here!

Who's up for a challenge? No standing starts rubbush!

Real performance 70 onwards!!

richy
27-07-2005, 13:15
mitchy how fast is a std LCR compared to a std focus RS? just as std to std i know i can match them to 80 tryed a few times lol but after that turbo kills ya!!!!!!!!

Andyvalver
27-07-2005, 13:21
Tell you what, i'll meet anyone from this site anywhere in yorkshire and show you how far a leon will leave a clio on on a normal everyday road!
Motorway/DC/A road

Martin/Clean16v.... sort it lads :D

big hp
27-07-2005, 13:24
Cleans in Reading with us southern softies for a year :roll:

big hp
27-07-2005, 13:25
Motorway/DC/A road

Martin/Clean16v.... sort it lads :D

Notice theres not a mention of a corner :roll:

Andyvalver
27-07-2005, 13:27
This guy needs his ass handing too him fast and the furious style lol. :wink:

richy
27-07-2005, 13:29
This guy needs his ass handing too him fast and the furious style lol. :wink:

we dont drive saxos lol

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 13:30
It aint going to happen andy.

Even clean 16v car would be trailing 70 upwards!

The only 2 cars i wouldn't race are the 2 turbo conversions (Nick reids and the tt clio)

Jamie.
27-07-2005, 13:33
Motorway/DC/A road

isnt that a bit unfair as above u sed ur car was running 320 brake?!
and when talking about modding cars we all know that u can get far more out of a turdo than a n/a engine

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 13:33
Big HP.....Kid yourself all you like but 90% of british roads are straight motorway/DC or A roads!

In 12000 miles of driving my LCR i'd have to say about 100 miles of them were done on twisty country roads!

Im a city boy! There are no twistys in cities!

You farmer boys can go roaring down country roads at 100mph all you like! I prefer roads that allow you to open up! :lol:

Jamie i never said it was fair! I doubt any clio on here hitting 170 on clocks meaning i will win :lol: :lol:

David
27-07-2005, 13:35
just meens you have to learn how to drive and just not change gear
take it you left foot brake alot heel and toe around town then????

richy
27-07-2005, 13:41
Big HP.....Kid yourself all you like but 90% of british roads are straight motorway/DC or A roads!

In 12000 miles of driving my LCR i'd have to say about 100 miles of them were done on twisty country roads!

You farmer boys can go roaring down country roads at 100mph all you like! I prefer roads that allow you to open up! :lol:

Jamie i never said it was fair! I doubt any clio on here hitting 170 on clocks meaning i will win :lol: :lol:

other way for me, out of the 16k ive done it clio only a few hundred is on motorways/dc , go down backroads all tiem but then thats what our car is designed for were yours is a cruiser not a backroad blaster

Andyvalver
27-07-2005, 13:42
It aint going to happen andy.

Even clean 16v car would be trailing 70 upwards!

The only 2 cars i wouldn't race are the 2 turbo conversions (Nick reids and the tt clio)

I dunno mate. Cleans is only .1 slower on the 1/4 than nick reads 1.8 turbo. 216bhp and about 300kg's lighter than a leon.

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 13:46
Weight isn't really the issue when up and running and with 320bhp/320lbft+ i don't think a N/A car is going to trouble a TC FWD car!

With his car i'd expect to be opening the legs around 120-130mph upwards

big hp
27-07-2005, 13:46

So you can't drive unless its a straight road? Very few of my miles are motorway. No wonder you bought a rep mobile. If I fitted a 50 shot of Nos I doubt you'd catch me on acceleration. If you wanna do 170 you carry on, i'll wave at you waiting for the bus as I drive by.

J o n
27-07-2005, 13:47
PMSL @ LCR doing 170... it would take forever and a day IF it could even do 170... I suppose their now faster than M3's and the like? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leon Cupra R, the poor mans supercar? HAHAHA

big hp
27-07-2005, 13:49
PMSL @ LCR doing 170... it would take forever and a day IF it could even do 170... I suppose their now faster than M3's and the like? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't you kow they were a M3 slayer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

David
27-07-2005, 13:52
no there not they are AKA as rocket dragsters / rocket cars

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 13:52
Jesus you idiot.

Standard cars are doing 160mph on clocks no problems! CTR's with 197bhp are doing 160 on clocks no problems!!

What do you think an additional 100hp and 125lbft of torque will do to a car that can already do 160!!

Hippychicks (REVO ONLY) LCR done 162mph GPS verified with witnesses in the back! I believe it was fred frm cliosport! She passed RS-Steves Focus RS as it was flat out!

Thats only with revo!! What do you think the clock was reading when the GPS was reading 162mph!!

Fool!!!!

Dont believe me, pop your head across to cliosport and ask the witnesses that were in her car!
The speedo will have been way off the clock and reading in excess of 170mph!

Oh and i have an additional 50hp/50lbft of torque more than her revo car!

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 13:55
And yes it is an M3 slayer as they have 155mph limiters :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

richy
27-07-2005, 13:56
it was roamer driving it, iv seen the vid, steve doing 150ish and pass's 182 like piss then then hippys revo lcr just flys past, all on autobahn in germany

David
27-07-2005, 13:58
as do most hight powered cars!!

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 14:00
Nope only BMW's/Audi's and Mercs

And they are now binning them on new production cars as cars like vauxhalls are coming out of the factory faster.

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 14:02
U gone quiet jesus! :lol: :lol:

You dont like mitchy making you look like an idiot do you :lol: :wink:

David
27-07-2005, 14:04
subaru's evo's limited!

Andyvalver
27-07-2005, 14:07
Tbh it will win top end i think. But in the real world of sprints to a 100 down the autobarns :wink: A few cars off here would stick with it or maybe even see it off. Cuz the williams/hybris are old now doesnt mean you should underestimate them. Have you ever been in/owned a williams/valver?

J o n
27-07-2005, 14:20
Jesus you idiot.

Standard cars are doing 160mph on clocks no problems! CTR's with 197bhp are doing 160 on clocks no problems!! - you said 170, you also never mentioned anything about 170 on the clocks, surely captain anal doesn't go by off the clock speeds, i thought everything was GPS this and that with you? idiot :lol:

What do you think an additional 100hp and 125lbft of torque will do to a car that can already do 160!!

Hippychicks (REVO ONLY) LCR done 162mph GPS verified with witnesses in the back! I believe it was fred frm cliosport! She passed RS-Steves Focus RS as it was flat out! - 162 aint 170 tho is it... idiot

Thats only with revo!! What do you think the clock was reading when the GPS was reading 162mph!! - who cares what the clock was reading, if the car was only going past at that point then why was a 182 in front for that long? thought these LCRs were supposed to be fast? idiot :lol:
Fool!!!!

Dont believe me, pop your head across to cliosport and ask the witnesses that were in her car!
The speedo will have been way off the clock and reading in excess of 170mph! - so you keep saying... still not 170mph tho is it and it's chipped, so your talking shite really...

Oh and i have an additional 50hp/50lbft of torque more than her revo car!

Mitchy, I have other things to do like smoking weed, eating toast and posting on CS, but i'll try and dedicate more time to you in future. love Jon ;)

J o n
27-07-2005, 14:23
U gone quiet jesus! :lol: :lol:

You dont like mitchy making you look like an idiot do you :lol: :wink:

lol, well when it happens I'll deal with it, not exactly brought owt conclusive to the table have you? if you hadn't noticed this is Williams Clio... not 182 Sport site, so that vid is null and void, as a 182 is not a willy, it's also standard against a chipped turbo car... so for looking stupid, right back at ya kid ;)

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 14:33
Jesus you'll argue black is white :lol:

If you read my original post i say 170 on clocks! I do not say 170mph GPS!

Hippychick done 162 GPS which if going by clocks it would have been reading 170mph+

You are hard work at times!

How did you get through primary school?

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 14:36

When i was in primary school i would have read that as 170 on clocks! I suppose we get more stupid with age!

Dont we jesus :roll: :wink:

Oh and here is a 345bhp leon against an M3 on an autobahn (so 25hp more than mine :wink: )

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/3338/6461m3-leon.avi

J o n
27-07-2005, 14:39
of course I will, I like giving you a hard time because you always think whatever car you have is the best and fastest car in the world... :roll: :lol: and are predictable too, this thread was created in jest... or did you not get it? hehe

well as we all know 170 on the clocks is not 170mph is it and it takes so long to get to that speed the 182 could have turned off and gone for a shit at the services ;)

I think I only got through primary school because there were no set assessments at the end of it to result in pass or failure... although being clever helps... I heard you got held back? ;) :lol:

J o n
27-07-2005, 14:42

When i was in primary school i would have read that as 170 on clocks! I suppose we get more stupid with age!

Dont we jesus :roll: :wink:

Oh and here is a 345bhp leon against an M3 on an autobahn (so 25hp more than mine :wink: )

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/3338/6461m3-leon.avi

so to make the test fair I'm assuming the M3 also had a power increase of over 100bhp? well this is obviously conclusive, as Mitchy has one its the fastest car in the world... pmsl
standard for standard which do you think would win? or even Revo'd Vs standard? only chance an LCR would have is if the BMW was limited to 155 :roll: muppet

2 live
27-07-2005, 14:43
that video shows u nothing??

so you didnt see the lcr get its ass handed to it??

he set off b4 me and finished after me.

as for missing 2nd gear , i didnt go from 1st to 3rd, i missed the 1st to 2nd gearchange, so lost a lot of time again,

yet i still pulled the advantages given to the lcr back and finished ahead of him/her

J o n
27-07-2005, 14:44
cant download the vid... it says "sorry, the video you are downloading contains a car too boring to waste bandwidth on" :?

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 15:01
Yes of course an M3 will beat an LCR, it will beat a chipped LCR too!

Just showing you what an extra 120hp does though :lol:

In no way have i ever said i had the fastest car in the world! I got my ass handed to me yesterday by a TVR tuscan 80-130! Pulled about 10 car lengths on me in that time!!

Thats the difference between me and you lot! I'll happily admit defeat but yet i have not read 1 thread on this forum where the clio williams/16v is beaten!

Thats the difference!!

2live.......It must be my eyesight as that video does not show an LCR getting whipped up a 1/4 mile strip! In some views it looks like the LCR ahead and in others looks like you! You certainly cant tell in the video what crosses the line 1st!

What do you mean missed the gear change? Where did it go? Did the LCR fluff a change? You dont know! That may have lost him time! etc etc

J o n
27-07-2005, 15:07
okay fair enough, that's what an extra 120 ponies can do, have you seen what a valver can do with an extra 100bhp tho? or a F7R with an extra 60-70bhp can do? yes the gains are big on the LCR, but you dont need as much power in a Clio as bhp/ton plays a big role. The LCR is no doubt faster eventually, but down the 1/4 mile it's clearly 2nd place. Until you prove otherwise your talking to a brick wall buddy... somehow 14.2 doesn't beat 14.0 or 13.4 etc does it?

we will happily admit defeat on here Mitchy, you only seem to have a problem when it's a car you think you should beat or that's cheaper... sounds to me like you have a complex. If you wanna see what cars i've been smoked by check the thread on Clio sport, last time I saw we were discussing LCR's and not "what have you been smoked by". That's the difference ;)

As for 2 live verses the LCR he comes from behind to win, misses a gear and still does it over... why would he lie about it? deal with it mate :roll:

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 15:22
Not saying he's lying mate.

Its just the video doesn't really show an LCR getting pasted as the position of the cameraman doesn't help to prove it!

Anyway what idiot brung this thread back up :lol:

Jabba the...
27-07-2005, 18:16
Weight isn't really the issue when up and running and with 320bhp/320lbft+ i don't think a N/A car is going to trouble a TC FWD car!

With his car i'd expect to be opening the legs around 120-130mph upwards

-------------

weights always an issue :roll: more power get u faster in a straight line, less weight gets u faster everywhere :!:

legs above 120-130 so what? over 100 and your licence is a gonna 0-100 is where most of the action takes place :D

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 18:20
0-any speed is a lot of bollocks!

Ive never once had to use a standing start in a race.

Most racing is done 3rd gear upwards!

If your going slow enough to be using the 1st 2 gears you should not be racing in that area! You are using the 1st 2 gears for a reason and that is because its a slow speed area!

3rd gear upwards is where the action takes place in my books!

The thing about top speed runs as on a motorway, do you think the police that are sat in a laybye are going to catch you if you whizz past them at 160mph :lol: :wink: Keep the foot welded to the floor, get off at the next junction and go back up the other side of the motorway or off at a junction and hide :lol: :wink:

Jabba the...
27-07-2005, 18:23
0-any speed is a lot of bollocks!

Ive never once had to use a standing start in a race

---------

never once :!: ive had loads half the skills in gettin it off the line. have a word, hang on i suppose i would avoid them too if i had a skoda cupra r :lol:

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 18:26
Coming from a renault owner :lol:

Poof springs to mind! :wink:

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 18:28
Where are you allowed to have a standing start and get upto serious speed? You'll not be getting upto any decent speed in a traffic light GP!

Traffic lights are generally in towns and built up areas meaning your a ****in idiot if you give it the welly!

Zollo
27-07-2005, 18:31
hang on i suppose i would avoid them too if i had a skoda cupra r :lol:

A LCR has about as much in common with a Skoda as a Williams Clio has with a 1992 1.2 Clio 'Oasis' Special Edition. :roll:

big hp
27-07-2005, 18:32
I reckon this will get to 10 pages.

Jabba the...
27-07-2005, 18:32
Coming from a renault owner :lol:

Poof springs to mind! :wink:

-------------

lol mitchy u r witty :roll: ur brain must have been on overload thinkin of that one :lol:

renault happen to be very good cars in fact they currently have a better safety n cap rating than volvo, merc, bmw in fact everyone, and still able to produce an exciting drive unlike others.

ps poof springs are standard on the leon hense the handeling, for poofs :lol:

Mitchy
27-07-2005, 18:37
Hence the handling :lol:

Cant you come up with something better than that :lol:

It lapped top gears test track in the same time as the CTR and it was also quicker than the lotus tuned chassis of the 240hp Astra VXR.

I believe that was set up on the nurburgring so handling cant be that bad!

If an older based clio was involved in a crash it would get atomised probably! They are light and tinny and will cause the driver death if in an impact!

French cars are renound for bad build quality, go onto cliosport and see what i mean! :lol:

Jabba the...
27-07-2005, 18:40

A LCR has about as much in common with a Skoda as a Williams Clio has with a 1992 1.2 Clio 'Oasis' Special Edition. :roll:

-------

that was a joke btw ref the lcr, tt etc having the same engine as the skoda 20vt.

clio willy & 1.2, same shell for a start :wink:

Jabba the...
27-07-2005, 18:43
[quote="Mitchy"]Hence the handling :lol:

Cant you come up with something better than that :lol:

-----------

wot like callin u a poof :lol: have a word mate, that was pure genius in comparison to your last comment :lol:

ps im not even driving a renault ive got a h reg fiesta and yes it will whoop your ass!

Andyvalver
27-07-2005, 19:14

-------

that was a joke btw ref the lcr, tt etc having the same engine as the skoda 20vt.

The rear quarters on willys and valvers are flared :roll:

Just like saying yours is the same shell as the leon diesel

big hp
27-07-2005, 19:24

-------

They are. 8)

Jabba the...
27-07-2005, 19:51

-------

-----------

lol :lol:

do they have diffrent wheels as well? :roll:

clowo16v
27-07-2005, 22:02
LOL this threads funny as fook lol.

So Mitchy wants a race on a road without any corners? Bloody hell that will be fun. Why don't you learn to drive and get on some decent roads, or are you scared your car can't handle it?

TBH my mates 1934 Ford pickup hot rod would paste any Clio or LCR ever into the floor down a bypass, but come to a corner and suspension systems first devised in the 40s would soon slow it down. It doesn't prove anything, just that 500bhp is better than 280 or whatever.

As for comapring the lap times on Top Gear to the Astra VXR, did you actually watch the vid of the Astra going round? The handling on them is shite, same as every FWD Vauxhall thats ever been produced.

For £18000 i'd want a lot better car than a Seat grandad wagon (and they are every LCR i've seen apart from at York has been driven by a 50+ year old bloke). Imagine the Clio you could built for 18 grand, it'd handle a lot better, go a lot quicker and turn a lot more heads than any Seat.

See ya

Matt

Tommo
27-07-2005, 22:21
Who cares which is faster, Mitchy owns a Skoda, we own homologation special limited run Williams which look the dogs danglies......nuff said!

Andy
27-07-2005, 22:33
mitchy i keep looking and seeing revo this and revo that lcr this and lcr that

revo schmevo

and does mitchy need a straight road even a monkey can press a pedal

oooh whats this button lets press it .....

that was hard look at me lol :P

big hp
27-07-2005, 22:51
"Whats this big round thing for in the middle"

David
28-07-2005, 00:43
Mitchy jesus christ Leons are nice cars but stop being a twat !!!

WILLIAMS = RALLY SLAG !!!!!

LEON CUPRA R = Audi comprimise sports car you faggot !!!!! Seen loads of them in rallies lololololololol :o :lol: :lol: :lol: Completly different type of car so stop comming on here being the big man cause you got extra hundred bhp!!!!!!

GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zollo
28-07-2005, 08:41
Most of the comments on here seem to be a little....erm....stupid. And most of them are coming from people who, it would seem, not only haven't driven the car but haven't even read anything about them and know nothing about them. I know some of it is probably just winding Mitchy up, but the only people sounding stupid are unfortunately the Clio owners :roll:

Audi Compromise?
Skoda derived?
Shit handling?

I don't rate the LCRs massively, definately not up their with the Williams as a drivers car, but it isn't as bad as people seem to believe it is. Mitchy has even admitted its short comings. :roll: . All he's saying is that from 70 onwards, his car is faster. He's going to get a pasting for saying it on here, but you can't really disagree with it.

Carry on the wind up by all means, but don't make yourself look stupid in the process. :wink:

Mitchy
28-07-2005, 08:44
mitchy i keep looking and seeing revo this and revo that lcr this and lcr that

revo schmevo

and does mitchy need a straight road even a monkey can press a pedal

oooh whats this button lets press it .....

that was hard look at me lol :P

Mines isn't revo'd :lol:

Mitchy
28-07-2005, 08:46
Who cares which is faster, Mitchy owns a Skoda, we own homologation special limited run Williams which look the dogs danglies......nuff said!

ROFPMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Badge snobbery from someone that drives a renault clio :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do your mates not take the piss everytime you go out for a drink for driving a girly car :lol: I'd be lynched if i turned up at work in a clio :lol: :wink:

Why is it a skoda and not a VW or Audi :wink:

It's neither its SEAT

northy
28-07-2005, 08:51
Motorway/DC/A road

Good lad mate - im in for that.

Do u fancy coming to watch ten of the best at york this sunday ???

I can go out with you then if u want....

Mitchy
28-07-2005, 08:51
Imagine the Clio you could built for 18 grand, it'd handle a lot better, go a lot quicker and turn a lot more heads than any Seat.

See ya

Matt

Erm forgive me if im wrong, didn't renault go 1 step better and create a £28000 clio :roll:

Cliosports are cheap for a reason....They are poorly built and made from cardboard :wink:

Ever heard the saying you get what you pay for :lol: :lol: :wink:

I bet my brembos and 18'' wheels are worth more than your car :lol: :wink:

Mitchy
28-07-2005, 08:54
Northy i'll be there mate with a TME6 and a white Sti type R.

I'll keep a look out for some raleigh bred williams motors :wink:

northy
28-07-2005, 09:03
good lad.

Ive sent u a pm with my number on buddy.

Tommo
28-07-2005, 10:30

ROFPMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Badge snobbery from someone that drives a renault clio :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do your mates not take the piss everytime you go out for a drink for driving a girly car :lol: I'd be lynched if i turned up at work in a clio :lol: :wink:

It's neither its SEAT

Ha, I'm pretty far from being a badge snob mate, if that bothered me I'd sell the Williams and go out and buy a BMW 316 compact or something!!

Sorry, forgot VW and Audi also shared the same parts bin as Seat, Skoda just stuck in my mind for some reason..... :wink:

No, mates don't take the piss, infact everyone who's ever seen the Williams loves it. People even stop and stare at it when I park it outside work, and even had someone offer to buy it in a traffic jam......altho I'm sure this happens to u too .... :wink:

I'm only winding u up Mitchy, I just find it amusing that u come onto a Williams website shouting the odds about how much faster yours is 70mph upwards etc. and then getting all defensive when someone disagrees!

I'm sure your car would beat most Williams on here 70+, but if that's all it can do you haven't got much to be shouting about. If EVO did `Performance Car of the Year' and got all the cars in a line and drove them up to 70mph, then floored them and the fastest car won the title, it wouldn't tell you much about the car would it??

Col

clowo16v
28-07-2005, 11:00
TBH i'd rather have a full car than a set of "slow ya down" 17s and the only reason its got big brakes is to slow is big lardy heavyweight ass down.

You can tell when manufacturers build a proper drivers hatch, as they generally try to keep the weight down a bit. 1320kg though, its in league with the Golf GTi for how to ruin a potentially good car. I doubt I could get the Clio to weigh that with 5 people in and 5 bags of sand in the boot.

See ya

Matt

Mitchy
28-07-2005, 14:15
clowo16v.....Most modern cars nowadays are going to be in the region of 1300-1400+.

This is due to safety equipent and items such as air conditioning/ABS/ESP/Electric windows/Heated and electrical seats/Good sound equipment/6cd/good safety equipement such as air bags all round/anti roll bars etc,big brakes,wheels/bodykits, etc etc

Does the clio 16v/williams have any of these items? Any at all :roll:

So its a go kart then and not really a car that you would class as luxurious? it has no features apart from its fairly powerful and lightweight so its good on bends! I mean does it even have electric windows :roll:

I'd rather opt for the top option with all the goodies tbh but thats just me 8)

All items above add to the weight of a car.

I have never once said the williams is a crap car, it still holds its own in todays market although i believe it is severely dated and its performance is nothing to shout about!

Put it on a track vs the likes of the LCR/CTR, i would be doubtful if it posted a better time tbh! Okay the handling will be better/sharper but it will lose the time gained here on the straights and that will even it up!

I dont know who said the LCR had crap handling in the 1st place :? It is actually surprisingly good but its never going to react like a go kart as it has all the 'luxuries' to pull with it! :lol:

Not bragging about 70+ performance as with 320hp/320lbft torque do you think im going to have a problem getting upto 70 :?

Both completely different cars and i dont even know why we are arguing about them tbh :?

Jabba the...
28-07-2005, 14:43

It's neither its SHIT [mitchy/quote]

---------

its a skoda coz we say so :lol:

clowo16v
28-07-2005, 14:50
This is due to safety equipent and items such as air conditioning/ABS/ESP/Electric windows/Heated and electrical seats/Good sound equipment/6cd/good safety equipement such as air bags all round/anti roll bars etc,big brakes,wheels/bodykits, etc etc

I'm not sure why we're arguing lol, but anyway half the stuff there is pointless in the end manufactures just stick it on to try and make people buy their car instead of someone elses.

I agree that ABS is a good thing, as it has saved me a couple of times when people have pulled out on me at roundabouts etc, however a lot of stuff fitted now is trying to fight a war against itself.

For instance ESP. If the cars weren't so heavy because they had all the extra stuff the suspension could be made a lot better, and would react a lot quicker and the stability program wouldn't be needed. My hot rod handles better than probably any hatchback, and outcorners most Imprezas and Evo's aswell (or it did until I took it to bits again to do the bodywork lol), and that has no electrics for the suspension, no ABS (just big Cossie disks & 4 pots all round) and no other luxury items lol.

My Clio has ABS, Electric Windows & sunroof, and although not luxurious its one of the comfiest cars i've ever driven, due to probably the best front seats i've ever sat in. Got a decent sound system aswell, loud and clear enough for me anyway.

See ya

Matt

northy
28-07-2005, 14:50
clowo16v.....Most modern cars nowadays are going to be in the region of 1300-1400+.

Does the clio 16v/williams have any of these items? Any at all :roll: Yes the williams 3 does !

So its a go kart then and not really a car that you would class as luxurious? it has no features apart from its fairly powerful and lightweight so its good on bends! I mean does it even have electric windows :roll:

I'd rather opt for the top option with all the goodies tbh but thats just me 8)

All items above add to the weight of a car.

I have never once said the williams is a crap car, it still holds its own in todays market although i believe it is severely dated and its performance is nothing to shout about!

Put it on a track vs the likes of the LCR/CTR, i would be doubtful if it posted a better time tbh! Okay the handling will be better/sharper but it will lose the time gained here on the straights and that will even it up! Do you do trackdays in the car ? There is one tomorrow we are doing that i would like to invite you on

I dont know who said the LCR had crap handling in the 1st place :? It is actually surprisingly good but its never going to react like a go kart as it has all the 'luxuries' to pull with it! :lol:

Not bragging about 70+ performance as with 320hp/320lbft torque do you think im going to have a problem getting upto 70 :?

Both completely different cars and i dont even know why we are arguing about them tbh :?

richy
28-07-2005, 14:56

Does the clio 16v/williams have any of these items? Any at all :roll:

i really dont know why people compare cars like these in this way, 10year old car from time when all that^^ wasnt needed by law, nowadays u have to pretty much all that by law thats why they need 200bhp+ to make them a decent peformance car, were as a williams dont need 200bhp+ and a turbo to shift lol

different decade and different types of cars!
Williams- B road blaster
LCR- motorway cruiser

Jabba the...
28-07-2005, 15:02
when do u most enjoy driving mitchy, on challenging b roads with twisty bits on a good long slog up the m6 probably stationary in traffic? :lol:

2 live
29-07-2005, 09:04
and a williams vs ctr round a track would be good..my moneys on the williams tho evry lap..........unless northys driving then id have to say the ctr will pass him at the 1st gravel trap lol :wink:

Jabba the...
30-07-2005, 00:16
and a williams vs ctr round a track would be good..my moneys on the williams tho evry lap..........unless northys driving then id have to say the ctr will pass him at the 1st gravel trap lol :wink:

----------

next to all the lcr's :lol: